Categories > Original > Fantasy > Fable

Tory's Abduction and Conner's Discovery of Courage

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

Tory is abducted and taken to the castle of the evil woman who cursed Mysteria.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-04-08 - Updated: 2007-04-09 - 426 words

0Unrated
Tory woke the next morning, her head pillowed on Conner's shoulder. She got up and carefully stepped around the sleeping figures, until she was next to the river. She began to look for a place to relieve herself when a sound from the bushes altered her. She screamed once as two wolverns grabbed her, than sank into darkness when one of them hit her in the jaw. Conner woke up with a start and looked around frantically for Tory. He jumped up and ran out of the cave, as the others woke up at the commotion. Tiny, Badra, and Ulysses followed him out, asking him what was wrong. "Tory's gone," Conner yelled, as he ran to the river. With Tiny and Ulysses hurrying after him. He looked in anguish at the piece of the shirt Tory had been wearing, that was fluttering in the breeze. "Look!" Tiny shouted pointing, "wolvern tracks. They lead towards Bastharia's castle." Conner closed his eyes in angst at the thought of Bastharia having Tory. "We have to go rescue her," he yelled. "Get everyone together, we leave in a hour."

Tory awoke to find herself in a elegant bedroom, lying on a large bed with a silk canopy. She frowned and hoisted herself up, looking around. "I see you have awakened, my child," a smooth voice said. Tory turned and stared at the figure sitting in a high backed chair. "Who are you?" Tory asked warily, the figure laughed and stood up gliding towards the bed. Tory gasped as she realized the figure was the most beautiful woman she had ever seen. "My name is Bastharia," the woman purred, "this is my castle. I've brought you here because you are the one destined to break my curse." She smiled wickedly, "I'm simply afraid I can't let that happen." Tory narrowed her eyes, "what are you going to do?" She asked coldly, Bastharia smiled and said, "I'm going to kill you of course, but not until I've quelled this little rebellion you caused. I dispatched of that little fortune teller who made the prophecy. But unfortunately I had no idea when you would appear." She laughed, "I'm going to kill you in front of those who come to rescue you. That way they know that I can never be trifled with. Once you are dead, the safety of my curse is insured, and I can reign forever." She glanced at Tory, "you better rest my dear, soon you'll be facing your faithful." Than she laughed again and glided out of the room.
Sign up to rate and review this story