Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Secret Girls

Part 2 ~ Our Smiles False ~

by hyperballad13 3 reviews

Upon hearing of Patrick's engagement, Erica, his close friend, has to come to terms with her own emotions for him, and let them go. Should Erica give up on her feelings for Patrick or confess all, ...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-04-11 - Updated: 2007-04-11 - 919 words

2Moving
Part 2

Erica was awoken by a knock on the door. She had unwillingly fallen asleep in her pain. She looked at the time. It was 11 a clock in the morning. Thank fuck it's Saturday. She groaned. Feeling dirty with her clothes from yesterday clinging to her. Erica couldn't care less though. Planning a Saturday of ice cream and a sad film. I think we shall call out The Green Mile, she thought to herself, give me a decent excuse to cry. Another knock was heard on the door. Erica had completely forgotten the reason why she woke up. She groaned and walked to her door. Opening it to a very lively Patrick.

"Hey you're up."

"Yes, thanks to you."

"Did I wake you?"

"Yes" she scowled at him. He was far too excited for the morning. And she knew exactly why. She didn't need it. "Now let me lounge about in peace."

"What?" He placed his foot so she couldn't shut the door. "You're joking, I need your help."

"Why my help?"

"Cos you're my closest girl friend. Therefore you think like a girl."

"I am not an ordinary girl."

"You're the closest thing to one I got."

"What about Debs?"

"True, but Debbie can't know about this."

Oh great. Erica could guess what was coming next. She groaned and wished she could back herself out of it.

"Ah so it's a secret." Erica said hiding her torment.

"Yep, I need to get an engagment gift."

"What and a ring isn't enough?"

"Nope. You know Debbie," Patrick grabbed hold of her hand, "Come on."

And as Erica was fully dressed she couldn't object. She quickly grabbed her keys and unwillingly followed him. Trying to leave her heart behind.

***

Erica found herself in a jewellery shop. Dragging her feet behind. Scuffing the red carpet texture. The sights and smells sickening her slightly. In her head she was playing out all two familiar scenes. Ranging from sitting on her sofa at home, to blowing Patrick and Debbie's head off. Both could of help her. She smirked and giggled to herself at a fantasy of saving the day. Telling Patrick all and sweeping him off his feet.

"What's so funny?" Patrick whispered. Keeping it quiet for the shop.

"Oh n-nothing."

He rose an eyebrow at her. Sighing at being kept in the dark. Erica frowned as he turned his back to her. Staring at the accessories on display and those kept in a glass box. Erica bubbled inside. Partially out of annoyance and mainly out of regret. Wishing that this scene was rotated and Patrick was buying for her and not for Debbie.

"Oh Patrick -" Erica said sarcastically, picking up a tiara, "Buy this."

She placed the diamond crown upon her head. Patrick looked at her with full serious.

"No no she doesn't like them."

"I didn't mean it for her." She winked, "you can buy it and be queen."

"Ha ha ha you are really funny Erica," he muttered. "not."

"I'm being serious."

"Really? You, serious?"

"Oooh bitch." She laughed and put the tiara down. "Why not just settle with a bunch of flowers?"

"This is an engagement Erica," he replied, shaking his head. "Not a first date."

"But you can never say "Have my children" without a bunch of children."

"Wooooooa" Patrick placed his hands up, "I only asked her to marry me, children are way off, WAY OFF."

"So there isn't the small patter of little feet?"
"Oh god no."

"Good because being called "Auntie Erica," does not fit me."

They grinned at each other and Patrick carried on. Erica started to focus and soon her eyes found themselves scanning the most beautiful charm bracelet. It was pink roses intertwined in cubic ziconia. Diamonds for the buds. Erica couldn't help but look and stare.

"Wow" she whispered,

"What?"

"It doesn't matter."

"No" Patrick walked over to where she was stood. "Let me see."

"She won't like it." Erica said without warning. Erica wanted this charm bracelet. It would hang so beautifully around her wrist.

"It is stunning though."

"Yeah but she doesn't wear bracelets. She doesn't like them"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," NO but that bitch isn't getting her hands on that fucking thing. Erica waved her hands and randomly pointed at a less charming necklace. Pretty but nowhere near as breathtaking as the charm bracelet. "Oh here is something, she'll love it."

Patrick looked at her. Erica's eyes were glazing over. He nodded in agreement. Trusting her judgement entirely. Even after the short time of friendship, they were close. "yeah okay then."

Patrick went to buy the necklace and Erica stared at the bracelet in desperation. Taking in every bit of detail that was before her. Craving it. Hoping for it. Her fingertips pressed against the glass. Her nose almost touching the clear barrier. Erica could see her breath. If only.

Patrick had walked over to the door. "Erica we can go now."

Erica didn't listen to him. She suddenly snapped out of her sentences. Strolling over to the door and walking out.

"Are you okay, Erica?"

"Hmm?" still feeling light headed and dreamy "oh what yeah I am fine."

"You are acting real strange."

"I'm ok."

"You sure, I mean you know you can tell me anything."

"I know."

"Good, well, come on then."

Erica stopped while Patrick walked on ahead of her. She loved the way he paced.

"But I love you." She muttered though he was out of earshot. "And you'll never know."

*
Ciao Bella
Sign up to rate and review this story