Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > a crowd of one is lost then won

i confess, i messed up. dropping im sorry like your still around......

by guitargirl171 1 review

if you dont have anything nice to say, then bite your tounge and dont let one word escape. thats how i learned, well, the hard way. i thought i was funny to make jokes about my favorite band's bass...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-04-11 - Updated: 2007-04-11 - 595 words

0Unrated
the crowd screamed. the lights blinded me as i stepped on stage. the roar was loud enough to make you go deaf. i clutched my black and red bass close to my chest. i traced the bartskull etched onto the face as a ritual for good luck. i took a deep breath and looked over at Patrick. he gave me a thumbs up, so did andy and joe. i took my place near the mic and felt the sting of the "boo's".

mabey i should back up a bit......

one year earlier
it was a warm chicago july evening. summer vacation from 9th grade (total relief). my friend heather and i were reminiscing about the Fall Out Boy concert we had recently attended.
"so awesome!" i remarked licking my cherry popscicle.
"totally!" heather agreed biting her orange one.
"hahaha! mofo" i giggled. Pete Wentz had said that word at least a million times durring their show. most of my jokes were based on him.
"hahaha, takes one to know one" said heather. she leaned her head back and sucked in the humid air. the sun had just settled on the horizon and was creating a lovely shade of pink by my side of the sky.

"getting late" mumbled heather."i should get going".
"ok, want me to give you a ride?" i asked. she shook her head and started walking towards her house.
i jumped up and made my way into the house. my mom and dad were fighting as usuall. they prefered to call those fights "discussions". and my brothers were fighting over the game console with the red handles. i rolled my eyes and ran to my room. the only place that that the real me was exposed. i sat on my bed and started talking to my My Chemical Romance poster.
"someday Gerard, im gonna get out of here. no more little kids stealing my Cds and using them as frisbees, no more parents and their "discussions". and no more school. yeah, i'll get emancipated". he gave me a very sweet blank stare. i sighed. im crazy. i rolled over on my bed and driffeted alseep.

the next morning, i woke to the smell of baccon, eggs, and pancakes. i loved that smell. it was the smell of a functional family besides the fact that i had animals for siblings. i got up and ventured into the kitchen. everyone had been seated at the table and wa enjoying a homecooked breakfast.
"good morning?" i said
"good morning to you!" sang my dad. he was reading an old car magazine and shoveling eggs into his mouth.
"sit down" beckoned my mother. i did so and grabbed a plate, and started to load it with food. i was wondering what was going on.
"so whats up?" i asked scratching my head. nobody said anything for a while until my dad spoke.
"how would you feel about running the house for a week?" he asked. uh-oh, whats going on?
"i dunno" i mumbled forking a piece of pancake in my mouth."where are you going?".
"smart cookie" he laughed. "hawaii".
"really?" i acted surprised. i wasnt though. my parents always took my siblings with them on a trip to somewhere faraway. i never could go though. i had extreme flying fears.
"yep, for a week, mabey two" he said going back to his magazine.
"i dont see why not" i said. i was secretly excited. this meant do whatever i want with whoever i want, whenever i want. YES!
"good, were leaving Wednesday" he remarked
Sign up to rate and review this story