Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Reborn

Prelude

by Rebunanta 2 reviews

Naruto returns after Sasuke kills him, reborn after a fusion with Kyuubi.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-11-03 - Updated: 2006-11-03 - 382 words

-1Boring
Sasuke's insane eyes stared into Naruto's as they faded from red to his tired cerulean blue eyes. Naruto sighed and quietly died. Sasuke pulled his arm out of Naruto's heart and wiped it carelessly on Naruto's orange jacket. He took one final look at the body of his former teammate and leaped away, heading back to the Sound village and Orochimaru.
**
A year passes. Konoha village has been chosen as the site for the next chuunin exams, only three months away. Even now the other villages were sending their genin to participate.

Kakashi hung his head as he looked at Konoha's memorial stone. He heard a sound, then watched as his last student, Sakura, walked up and placed a white rose in front of the cold stone. Kakashi looked at her eyes. "It's alright to cry, Sakura. It's alright to miss him. He wouldn't want you to keep it pent up inside." He said softly. Sakura looked at him for a moment, then broke into tears. Kakashi held her as she cried for him. He knew she was one of the few who did. After he was declared dead, the Hokage finally told everyone about the nine-tailed fox. Most of Naruto's friends were shocked to learn the truth, but Shikamaru had only nodded his head as if to confirm his suspicions. The Hokage also announced a funeral date for Naruto. Kakashi tightened his grip on Sakura when he remembered that shameful day. She stared up at her sensei for a moment, then smiled a little. "Thanks, sensei. You're right."
**
A figure stood silently before the gates of Konoha. The sun was setting behing him, and the guards couldn't see much more than his silhouette. The figure walked foward and handed the guards a scroll. "I'm here for the exams." The voice was muffled, and the figure was wrapped in a black cloak. A guard checked the scroll. "Everything appears to be in order, sir. Go on through." The figure walked on into the village. When he was out of the guards' sight, he jumped from roof to roof until he was standing atop the Hokage monument. The figure removed his cloak and tossed it down. Cerulean blue eyes slitted with red pupils stared across the Village Hidden in the Leaves. I'm back.
Sign up to rate and review this story