Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Alter Ego

Summer Nights

by aqueous 0 reviews

What is in store for the 7 in their last year of school? Everything but the expected, travel and new members are in order. New challenges wait ahead in a not so familiar landscape. AA, JT and others.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-04-14 - Updated: 2007-04-14 - 948 words

1Original

Herry rubbed his eyes ruthfully to the bright sunlight, this was the beginning of the rest of his life. His last year was near, his bags lay neatly in the corner of his large room. He had anticipated this departure for quite sometime, all his friends had been quite preoccupied over the long adventurous summer. He had spent most of it with his granny, helping out around the house and farm, and in his leisure time driving his truck wherever he pleased. He heard a loud bellow from his grandmother below. He groaned, stretching, today was the day he'd be reunited with his friends once more.

- - - - -

Jay, up earliest of the bunch packed his things thoughtfully. He stopped for a moment truly wondering if he owned one shirt that was not a polo. He set this to rest by placing a maroon coloured t-shirt with no collar. Pleased with this small change he continued. His mind wandered wondering what was in store for him this year. He had missed all his friends, but it would be awkward picking up everything so rapidly. He had spent most of the summer dazed looking up at the stars on the yacht. He closed his eyes as he remembered the fresh salt water breeze, and the chill of the night air that cleared one's senses so quickly. His thoughts were broke upbruptly by the sound of his telephone ringing loudly. He closed his suitcase and picked up the phone.

"Hello?" He answered quizzically, wondering who would be calling at this hour.

"Jay!" A female voice shrieked from the other end, "It's Theresa!" Jay was nearly bowled over, they had not talked all break, and suddenly she calls.

"Ah--I mean so how was your summer?" His voice trembled, he had a loss for words.

"Great, Daddy let me get a new car," she paused, "but I'll tell you more of that later. How about you, I hear you're flying in?"

"Oh--yeah. Mine was fine. But yes I am flying in... I have to be at the airport in about an hour. Are you driving down?" He pictured Theresa and Atlanta speeding down the highway.

"Of course, I wouldn't pass up using my new car for the world, we'll probably pick up Neil on the way. Herry's going to pick up Odie and Archie." She said excitedly. "I cannot wait to get there, this summer has been such a bore without you guys."

"Yeah," Jay laughed stiffly, "I ought to go, I'll see you tonight alright?" They said their good-byes and Jay placed the phone back on the reciever.

He sighed, he was ashamed he could not hold a longer conversation than two seconds. He also wished he had the courage to call any of his friends over the summer. Sure he had friends here at home, but it wasn't the same. He wondered if his friends had found new bonds with others. His jealous mind then turned to optimism, surly they would be glad to see him and welcome him with open arms.

- - - -

Theresa pulled into the bus depot as her best friend Atlanta waited for her arrival. Taking no time to park properly she leapt out of her car as Atlanta ran towards her and they envolped eachother in a tight hug.

"Letters and the phone just isn't enough these days!" Theresa said squeezing her tightly.

"I know it's ridiculous, at least we kept in touch, unlike those men of ours." She rolled her eyes. It was no suprise that none of the wrote, or called. After the small reunion they were on their way, just as Jay imagined. Neil soon joined them, with his tales of advertising endorsements he had recieved, and all the women he dated in only a short two months. The girls pretended to listen while they gazed at the scenery longingly.

A part of Atlanta missed her guy friends, particularly Archie. They had become better friends over the past year, she had grown feelings towards him. Nothing she wished to act on, fore it would ruin their friendship. She wondered if he ever thought of her the same, if he even cared that they did not see eachother for two months. She loathed the fact that her mind was plagued by these thoughts. To block them out she began listening to Neil, who still droned on and had not skipped a beat.


- - - -

Herry cranked the music in his car loudly as they tore down the highway nearing the school. He sang loudly not caring what the others thought, Archie and Odie only laughed when he hit a particular high note.

"You really know how to belt it out big guy!" Odie said wiping a tear from his eye.

Archie sat in the back seat lounging playing with a stray elastic band he found on the floor. He had drowned out the twanging with his thoughts. Although he'd never admit it he truly missed these memories, its a shame that its his last year. It then dawned on him, it truly was their last year. It never occurred to him before that it was so near and in reach. He then wondered of all he'd be leaving behind, but maybe there is a chance that they'd stay in touch. Sadly there was no such hope, as even in two months no one had spoke besides the girls.

His mind set adjusted. He became determined to make this the best last year possible. To live life to the fullest and not to hold back anything, and maybe he will not lose touch. Maybe if he held on so tight their hands would not slip apart as easy.
Sign up to rate and review this story