Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Alter Ego

Rome

by aqueous 1 review

The seven are told some suprising news, which has caught them all off guard on their first day back at school.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-04-14 - Updated: 2007-04-14 - 1082 words

1Original
Jay was the first to reach the school, he waited patiently in the main lobby of their dorm. He looked around at the plastered ceilings, and its intricate romanesque design. He admired the room as a whole, and never realized how large it truly was without the lively student body to fill it up. He yawned leaning against the wall the sound echoed. He wished his friends would arrive soon, he couldn't bare this silence.

No sooner the thought crossed his mind a large crash came from the entrance way. Herry stood dumbfounded as Odie lay at his feet bags strewn all over the marble floor, he picked up his glasses examining to see if they had broke.

"You always knew how to make quite the entrance," Jay said happily as he neared his best friends. "It's been too long." Odie stood before him. He had grown quite a bit since last year, his features also became more defined. Bags lay underneath his eyes, he had no doubt Odie spent his nights huddled on bed with his laptop.

"It's great to see you man," He said retrieving his hand then pulling him into a brief hug. "How was your flight, not too long I hope." Conversation moved steadily as they awaited the last few members of their group.

Jay heard exciting stories of Herry's summer on the farm, certainly it was more exciting than his summer was. All Jay could account for was the fathomable time to think and his ritual of star gazing. Odie had attended several conventions, and even a lan party or two. (Of which he was on top of the board, first place in one.) Archie had joined a rugby team as well as some other sport teams over the summer, of which is team was said to be top of the line. Him as the mvp, which seemed slightly exaggerated.

- - - -

Theresa rolled up street leading to their school. A sigh of relief escaped her lips as it came into view.

"Finally here." she said calmly.

"I hope the others are here, I can't wreck my new clothes carrying these bags in." Neil exclaimed.

"Never leave a man to do a woman's job," Atlanta added, "It's sad when you're stronger than some of your male friends."

"I wouldn't say that around Archie if I were you." Theresa teased, she clicked the gear into park. "Alright, lets go." They piled out of the car, Neil leading with is normal 'look at me' strut. Atlanta and Theresa lugged behind with three bags each, huffing at each step.

"Could you--" Atlanta gestured at the door, of which Neil clearly walked through and let close just as fast. She sighed dropping two of her bags.

"Allow me." Came a deep voice she looked up into the eyes of none other than her good friend Herry.

"Thanks Herr!" She said smiling warmly. He relieved Theresa of her luggage as well. "Neil isn't much help." When inside Theresa spotted all the men enthralled in conversation with eachother, it was as if they didn't even exist. She cleared her throat as to annouce their arrival.

Each head turned suddenly and smiles spread all around. Greetings were in order, and hugs dispersed feverently. All but Archie and Atlanta of whom when Archie tried to reach for her gave him a friendly punch in the arm.

"Been working out?" she said playfully.

"As a matter of fact yes," he said dignantly, "I am the mvp of my rugby team, I'm sure you can't say so much for yourself." A sly smile spread on his face.

"I've seen you play," she said calmly, "Nothing special, we'll see this year who'se better but I have an inkling whom is." She then turned to greet her other friends she missed so dearly. Although it seemed rather cold she missed her arguements with Archie. Although he is pigheaded and stubborn she had fun pushing his buttons.

- - - -

Hera walked steadily down the empty hallway she could hear the discussion of her students in the distance. Her shoes clacked against the marble floor as she envisioned the future of the seven.

This year would hold quite the amount of suprises. Hopefully some fun and light heartedness, after their extremely tough last year. A chance for new relationships and scenery. She only wished Zeus had thought of it earlier. She pictured the others that were to join the seven, young adults waiting to belong.

- - - - -

"Nice to see you all reunited." Hera spoke calmly as to which the group fell silent. "I have some news for you all, you might be wondering where the rest of the student body has gone." She continued thoughtfully, "This year will be quite different from your others, you will be trying a new traveling school program, of which some new students will be introduced to you."

"New students?" Jay questioned.

"Yes, they will join forces with you, new powers will be brought to this group. I assure you, they will be just as committed." She assured Jay. "You will depart today for Rome where you will be staying for the time being. You will meet your first new adversary, of which he will show you their home."

"Rome?" Theresa asked, "This last year should be MORE than interesting." Even she and her father had not traveled there yet.

"Yes it shall, there will be a mentor available at all times, although they will not be staying with you. You will be staying in your adversaries dorm, and attend the same school they are, with special courses of study. You all will have a unique project to complete by the end of the term. This will be done through your experiences recorded in many ways, journal, video, or even art. Your assignments will be given when your class starts in two days." She paused to allow the shock to sink in, "You shall all dine here before your flight, of which you will arrive at your destination in 5 hours." She curtsied graciously. "I wish you the best of luck and I am sure you shall give our school such pride and honor." With those final words she lead the group into the hall where they would eat their last meal before departure.

All was silent till the food hit the table, and conversation arose. Several questions sprung rapidly. Of which never really seemed to receive answers. The seven thought after one sleep their minds may be a bit more clear.
Sign up to rate and review this story