Categories > Original > Mystery > Drowning Memories: Gone But Not Forgotten

Chapter Six

by the_oddity 0 reviews

Rachael feels she is being followed home.

Category: Mystery - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2007-04-15 - Updated: 2007-04-16 - 337 words

0Unrated
Rachael thought about whoever, or whatever, had been watching her, lurking where he, or she, or it, couldn't be seen. Who could it have been? She couldn't possibly have enemies already- she had just moved here. She thought about the possibility that she was being stalked. But this hadn't happened before. But maybe it was just beginning. Was she being stalked for revenge? Did someone was to kill her? What if someone wanted to molest her? What reasons would anyone have for doing such horrible things? She couldn't think of any reasons. She hadn't done anything wrong. Had she? Were these just bad people?
Maybe she should tell someone. But she had no proof. All she had was some crazy, made up theory. Rachael gasped. Was she going crazy?
Did she trust David enough yet? Would he understand? Was he the stalker? Rachael highly doubted that, but anything was possible at this point. Rachael stopped to think. Exactly what point was she referring to? She didn't even know if she was being stalked. She pondered this for a moment until the phone rang. Rachael jumped. Her breathing was heavy. Was this going to be an eerie phone call where a creepy, low voice called out 'seven days' or 'have you checked the children?', only to find a dead body-maybe yours- within minutes?
Rachael almost answered the phone, but decided against it. Maybe if she didn't answer the phone she'd be spared a day or two. Enough time to say my goodbyes, Rachael thought.
The phone stopped ringing. Rachael tried to calm herself down. Her breathing slowed and almost went back to normal. Then the phone rang again. Her breathing turned heavy again. She wasn't sure if she wanted to be alone in her room anymore. Darkness had fallen outside. Rachael got up to turn on the light. When she got halfway, she changed her mind and went back to her bed. Her mind was racing with more stalker thoughts. Maybe some sleep would calm her down again.
Sign up to rate and review this story