Categories > Original > Drama > The Seven Sins: Wrath

Chapter Four: Finale

by Alexandre 0 reviews

He wished he can spread his wings and flew to the heavens...but he knew that he'd only plunge to the ground, like what the other humans did, and now history was repeating itself. Over...and over ag...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-04-16 - Updated: 2007-04-16 - 546 words

0Unrated
He didn't know how long he has sat there on the roof watching the night sky. The stars graudally dull and blinked out, and the moon became obscured by the clouds. He sat there in a trance, not feeling, not hearing, not knowing. His mind was blank and dull. There was no reason to live anymore, and the body of his brother in the dining room reminded him that. It was even more painful to know that it was him who caused his brother's death. Why hadn't he realised what his brother had wanted? He should have known.

No wonder since he was still in school, his brother would come to his room with books and all and sit behind him on the bed. Sometimes, he tried to spark conversation, but he has always chased him out, saying that he was too noisy. Why hadn't he realised that his brother was also yearning for what he wanted as well? He should have thought for him as well. He hasn't shown his brother any love since then. But it was too late to do anything now, and all was left behind was tears and regret.

The stars gradually dulled and blinked out, and the moon slowly disappeared behind the clouds. Only then did he blink and stood up, stiff and cold. The sun was dawning, and the first rays of light has just touched the sky. He had done everything he needed to do before he left. If he looked harder into the sky, he would still see a few stars in the sky. It was time, and he didn't want the stars to fade before he did. He has given the holder of the company to his subordinate, and has donated all his money to some charity groups. It was time. He stood up and stepped up to the edge. Then without hesistation, he stepped into thin air and plunged into the emptiness.

No one saw him plunge to the ground in a straight line, and no one saw the tears that leaked out from the corners of his eyes. Neither did anyone hear the soft thump as he hit the ground. His last thought before he hit the ground was that he was going to chase the stars in the sky, and that he wasn't going to give up until he had done so, then make up for his wrongs, and look for his mother and brother.

--------------------------------------------

'Henry, did you know that if you caught a star, your wish can come true?' his mother was smiling, her eyes lit up by the enchanting starlight from the heavens.

'Really?' his brother, Alvin asked, eyes wide.

'Then i'm going to catch you one and you can make a wish!' He had replied.

'Silly boy, that's not possible.'

'Why, mum?'

'No one can ever reach the sky, Henry. They are just dreams that we humans want, when we know that we can never make them come true. It's just our foolishness-to chase dreams that can never come true, but that's what makes us humans.'


He didn't understand what she meant, but he didn't care. In the heavens, the stars continue shine and watch the people on the earth eternally, forever until the end of the world....

-The End-
Sign up to rate and review this story