Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Secret Girls

Part 4 ~Our Souls Entrapped~

by hyperballad13 2 reviews

Upon hearing of Patrick's engagement, Erica, his close friend, has to come to terms with her own emotions for him, and let them go. Should Erica give up on her feelings for Patrick or confess all, ...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-04-16 - Updated: 2007-04-16 - 985 words

2Exciting
It had been an hour. One hour of standing in the kitchen. One hour of Joe mumbling into Erica's ear. One hour of sickening sights. One hour of staring helplessly at Patrick. Erica looked down. And one hour of no alcohol, she thought to herself, What the hell is wrong with me. She soon realised that she was on her own. She hadn't been paying much attention and when she looked down Joe was dancing with an ebony girl. Her hair flowing perfectly. Erica sighed and had never felt so alone. She downed her drink in one. To the happy couple. She quickly poured herself another. Downing that one too.

"Huzzah I'm going to be drunk now." she whispered quietly to herself. No one heard. No one saw. "Story of my life."
She giggled to herself. Realising that the drug had inhibited her far too quickly. She didn't care though. And she found herself swaying. Staring at Patrick. His arm wrapped around a Debbie. It may just be the alcohol. Or the fact Erica hated Debbie but Debbie had weird eyes. Eyes that were gleaming, eyes that said "I win." Erica glared. She went to launch herself at Debbie when Pete came waltzing in to the kitchen. His hair slightly scuffed. His belt looser. Erica rose an eyebrow at him.

"Having fun Pete?"

"Hmmmhmm" he smirked like the cat that got the cream, "More than you'll ever know."

"Yeah, not being a gay guy, that sort of stops my chances of ever knowing."
Pete smiled at her. Going over to get a drink. He was humming to himself.

"Want a drink Erica?"

"Yes, oh god yes." Once again her cup had emptied in seconds

"Whoa, not so fast you'll be on the floor."

"I can handle myself." she slurred

"Sure, I don't think you need another drink."

"I think I do."

"No."

"GODDAMIT PETE GET ME A DRINK YOU FRIGGEN PANSY."

Pete stood back slightly. "Ok ok calm down."

"Good boy."
Erica scowled and once again turned back to staring at Patrick. Entranced by his every move. His smile. His laugh. His nerves around people. This party was evidently Debbie's idea. Patrick looked uncomfortable talking to people who wouldn't dare. Erica couldn't help but beam at him. Unaware that Pete was watching her.
"Erica?"

"Hmmm?"

"Oh my god Erica?"

"What Pete?" she waved him off, still studying Patrick.

"You love Patrick," he whispered furiously
Even Erica had to snap out of her dreams. "What?, no don't be ridiculous."

"You so totally do."

"Patrick, are you kidding me?"

Erica couldn't hide it though. She had flushed a red colour.
"Erica honey," Pete saw the dismay in her eyes. He held her in his arms. She was trrying not to cry.

"Pete don't you dare breath a word."

"How long have you been like this."

"Since I first met him, in the corridor."

"Why haven't you said anything?"

"Hello?" Erica pointed secretly "Super bitch Debbie."

"You don't like her either?"

" I can't stand her - wait you don't like her?"

"Debbie is homophobic. There's BOUND to be tension between us."
"The cow."

"Yep," Pete turned to her. Poking her in the side. "Why don't you tell Patrick how you feel?"

"Ha Pete, Patrick doesn't feel the same way."

Pete looked her in the eye for merely a second. He was about to speak to her when he stopped himself. Biting his lip then nodding. "Right yeah right."

Erica placed her drink down. Putting her hands on her hips. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"I'm not saying anything."

"Pete-"

Erica was approaching him. Pete stepped back and was thankful when a slightly tipsey Ryan came into the kitchen.

"Peeteeeee" Ryan stuttered flirtatiously, "Why not pick up where we left it?"


"Thank fuck for you Ryan," Pete allowed himself to be dragged off.
Erica watched them disappear into the party. She sighed and was hoping that someone would drag her off for a night of passion. Some white stallion riding hunk of a man, sweeping her into the sunset. Rippling muscles and long blond locks. Unbuttoned shirts and tight trousers. But I don't want that.

"I want him," She told herself. Tears forming again. She blinked away from Patrick. He hadn't even noticed that she was here. She was nothing more than a friend. One that he could blatently drop. She would never be the one he wrapped his arms around. Patrick was everything she could wish for, but Debbie had him. Did Debbie deserve him? No

"Oh god, what kind of "friend" am I?" she stuttered, "Why can't I be happy for him?"
Erica had to go. Her throat was getting restricted. The whole scene was suffocating her. Perhaps it was herdrug intake but the room was spinning. She felt sick. Really sick. Her mascara was dripping down her face and she soon discovered that she had burst into tears. Not wanting anyone to see her like this, she placed the gift on the table, and walked out of the party. Praying that no one had seen her leave. She, broken heartingly stepped over to her lonesome flat.
~~~~
Pete was just about to be dragged into Patrick's spare room again when a hand stopped him. Pete spun around to find Patrick without Debbie. For a change.

"Hey Patrick."

"Hey, sorry, to um." He looked at Ryan tugging Pete's hand, "interrupt, I can see you are very busy,"

"It's cool, whatssup Trick?"

"Is Erica here?"

"Oh yeah she is"

"Where? I can't see her."

"She's in the kitchen."

"Thanks"

Patrick slapped Pete in the chest. Letting Pete be taken into the bedroom. Note to self: change sheets. He rushed off to go and find Erica. When he got to the kitchen he found that she was not there. Patrick peered around and saw t his apartment door was wide open. And Erica was nowhere to be found.
**
Ciao Bella
Sign up to rate and review this story