Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > I've already given up on myself twice

There's a voice inside my head that says that I should hate you but I hate myself instead

by sillyperson 3 reviews

Theres always a light at the end of the tunnel, the number of times I've told myself that in the last half hour... please review

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-04-16 - Updated: 2007-04-16 - 1037 words

0Unrated
Sorry if its a bit short but i didnt want to give it all away in one chapter.

Elspeth's POV

I walked up the stone cold corridor, the tears had made my make-up run but I didn't care. This time I had no shoulder to cry on I had to face the world on my own, he'd died twice and I stood by and watched. How could I live with myself? I walked into the room and stared at his pale motionless body. "Just wake up." I muttered as the tears ran down my cheeks some more. I walked over to him and collapsed onto my knees and wept on his bedside. "Why did this have to happen?" I cried. "It was only me in here a few months ago...and now you." I said while getting quieter towards the end of the sentence. I hooked my hand in his and stared his peaceful face. "Just wake up. Please just wake up." I said softly.
I stroked his black hair and whispered. "I love you Pete." I knew I wouldn't get a reply but I had to tell him. I saw Patrick come in the room.

"Still no response?" He asked while wrapping his arm around me.

"No." I said fighting back the tears.

"Don't worry...you always gotta look on the positive side of things." He said comfortingly.

"I know but it's hard." I said while sniffling into his chest.

"Have you been to see Brendon yet?" He asked nervously.

"No." I said quickly.

"But he is your boyfriend." Patrick said sounding very confused.

"Yeah he is but I don't want to see him like that...not with all those tubes over him. If he were to...I wouldn't want to remember him like that...he's not my little Brenny bear." I said as the pain started to come back again.

"I know that but think how hurt he'll be if and when he wakes up and your not there." Patrick said seriously. What he said made me think. I'm just being a selfish cow, Brendon loves me and the one time he needs me I'm to chicken to stick by him. Well I don't want to play chicken.

"Patrick I'm going upstairs, come tell me if there's any change." I said while glancing at Pete.

"Okay, I will." He said while staring into my eyes. I placed a kiss on Pete's cheek and left the room so I could just have some time to think.
------------------------------------

Spencer's POV

"Hayley, where the fuck is she?" I moaned as I paced the floor of Brendon's room.

"She'll be here." She said while grabbing Brendon's bandaged hand and stroking it. "She wouldn't do this to him."

"How do you know that? How does anyone know that? I just can't believe this has happened. Two of my best friends are in comas. Do you think Rye and Fee said that as a joke to wind Brendon up even more? Its sick if you ask me pretending to be in that sort of condition. And then Brendon goes in there and saves them risking his life." I said angrily.

"Look there's a reason for everything and there must be one for this." Hayley said calmly.

I sat down on a chair and held my head in my hands. How could she be calm? I got up and stared at Brendon's pale face. "Just hang in there dude...just long enough." I muttered. I then walked out the room and nearly bumped into Elspeth, as I wasn't looking where I was going.

"Sorry." I mumbled while staring at her watery eyes. "Are you okay?" I asked caringly.

"No." She whimpered while staring at Brendon's motionless body through the glass window.

"Already got one funeral to go to don't want another." She muttered with tears trickling down her cheeks.

"I know...he tried his best to save her, but the doctors said her burns would have stopped her breathing." I said while wrapping my arm around her waist.

"If he dies to, I don't know what I'm gonna do." She said while then crying on my shoulder.

"Hey...don't cry...he's still here now, that's the main thing." I said soothingly.

"I know but." She sobbed.

I glanced at Brendon and noticed his eyes open slightly. I then saw he cough on the tube that was in his throat. "We need a doctor." I mumbled while running up the corridor.

------------------------------------------------

Elspeth's POV

Spencer stayed outside with me while the doctors checked Brendon over. I felt so guilty as I just stood there and watched him. When the doctor went I just froze, he glanced into my eyes with that puppy dog expression on his face. I just watched him stare at his hands.

"Are you gonna go in and see him?" Spencer asked clicking me out of this trance.

"Oh...erm yeah. I should really." I muttered.

I took a deep breath and nervously walked into the room staring at the floor. I didn't know what to say; I told Pete I loved him. I was meant to love Brendon. I do love Brendon. I sat on the side of his bed and his chocolate brown eyes stared into mine. He smiled forcefully at me.

"Hey." I said weakly.

"Hi." Brendon said with a croaky voice.

"I'm sorry Bren." I said trying not to cry in
front of him.

"Why are you sorry?" He asked softly while grabbing onto my hand. I never thought I'd feel his warm fingers through mine again.

"I let you down Bren...I got scared and I wasn't here when you needed me." I said letting the tears out.

"Yeah you were...Elspeth I love you and you'll always be in my heart. Don't cry." He said gently.

I smiled softly at him and knelt in and I placed a kiss on his lips. I just got lost in his eyes and kissed him again like there was no tomorrow. I broke out when Patrick ran into the room panting heavily.

"Pete's crashing." He said quickly.




So what do you think, hope I didnt give to much away in that chapter. The next one will be up soon./ /
Sign up to rate and review this story