Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > hold my hand and walk me thru

1

by journeythrutime 1 review

she almost died in a shooting. now shes on crutches and cant walk. she has a caretaker and someone who has fallen for her. They both help her cope with the pain, both physical and emotional. t...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-04-17 - Updated: 2007-04-17 - 1124 words

1Original
She sat on the curb of the vast parking lot. Her friends were in the parking lot blasting fireworks, and filming it. Supposedly this was for some movie they were shooting. She didn't care really. It was close to midnight and she knew that sooner or later they would be kicked out. So she sat on her curb reading her book with light from a flashlight she was holding in her hand.

"what you reading" she heard someone say above her. And right then when she looked up the lightbulb went out.
"damn" she muttered under her breath. "I was reading The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins until the flashlight died. Now I have to go get more batteries"
"oh, want me to come with you" said the now slightly visible guy
"I don't even know you" she said looking up at him, his face hidden behind a hoodie
"Ryan Ross at your service" he said putting his hand out for a shake. She shook it and said
"Lorin Bronze" she said

Lorin got up from her seat on the curb, put the book down on the floor and attempting, with the least amount of pain as possible, limp to her friend, roommate, caretaker, and "older brother", Peter Wentz.
"pete, do you have any batteries?" she said when she finally reached him
"what are you doing without the crutches?" he said looking at her, without answering her question
"my armpits hurt like a bitch and I can walk, see I walked all the way over here! Now I need batteries"
"1. you limped over here, I could see your face, you were dying of pain 2. il get you batteries, just stay here" he said and ran off to get batteries.

Lorin stayed put, because she knew if she moved, so would her knee. Her knee currently had a metal brace that went into her leg, so that it could hold her knee in place. She had a weird bandage thing to cover her knee so that the whole through which the metal was wasn't in the open. She was in pain constantly, and lived off of asprin.

Pete finally brought her the batteries.
"here" he handed them to her. When she took them in her hand he picked her up bridal style and carried her back to her curb and book, where she was sitting before. Ryan was now sitting there, next to her book.

"hey Ryan, here take Lori" he said and put Lorin down on the ground. Ryan looked confused so he held her back while she sat down. Pete knelt down next to her and bent her knee so that she could sit.

"now girl, sit. We wont be here for long. They will probably kick us out soon" he said and left to go back to filming
"so whats your story" said Ryan looking at Lori
She fixed her v-neck t-shirt so that it sat properly, and then fixed her jeans, so that the whole she had to cut near her knee was in proper place so her brace would fit.
"there is none" she said modestly stuffing the batteries into the flashlight.
"there must be a reason you are limping" he said
"I wasn't limping" she said shoving her face in her book
"fine if you don't want to tell me you don't need to" he said and got up and left
Lori watched him walk away and continued on reading her book.

When finally the guys were done Pete walked over to Lori and sat down next to her.
"why did you push Ryan away, he was just trying to help" he said looking up at the sky
"he was asking my about my story. How is that help?" replied Lori looking at Pete and closing her book
"well he needed to know what to help with!" he snapped at her "now lets go, we have a long day tomorrow" Lori grumbled and waited for Pete to help her. He got up and helped Lori to her feet, he handed her the crutches and took her book. Lori glared at Pete and he just smiled

She hobbled on her crutches to his Mercedes and sat down in the front passenger seat. She could see Ryan watching them from his car a few feet away. Pete walked over to him and said something Lori couldn't hear. Then Pete said all of his goodbyes and started putting her crutches in the back seat. Ryan walked over to Lori's window and she rolled it down.

"look im sorry if I was being nosy. How about lunch, tomorrow?" he said to her
Lori looked over at Pete as if he was her father, and silently asked for permission. Pete shook his head no.
"ughm any day besides tomorrow...?" said Lori looking at his beautiful eyes
"then Saturday?" he said leaning on the window
"sure Saturday will be fine. Here is my number" she said and wrote it on his hand with a pen that was lying around
Ryan smiled, waved and left

Pete sat in the car and looked over at Lori. She looked back at him "shut up Pete" she said smiling and trying not to laugh.
"I didn't say anything!" he said all defensive
"you were so thinking it!" she said playfully punching him "drive boy, im hungry and tired"
As they drove in their car down the LA streets Pete turned on a street that was filled with houses that were atleast 3 stories high and really expensive
"Pete.... Is Ashlee coming over tonight?" Lori asked making a disgusted face
"Jade Lorin Bronze be nice" she hated when he used her whole name. It meant he was being serious
"fine." She said and shut up for the next few minutes while Ashlee got into the car in the back. Pete kissed her and Lori attempted not to cringe but it didn't work well so she just stared out of the window.

"hi! Lori...right that's your name? Lori?" Ashlee said
"sadly, but I prefer Lorin." Said Lori staring out the window
"oh, ok. So Pete where are we eating tonight?" said Ashlee addressing Pete
"we were thinking of Chinese takeout" he said driving to his and Lori's house. It was a big house, with 2 stories with an attic and a basement. They had a big back yard that was on a cliff that overlooked Hollywood. They had a big pool and a small garden.

Lorin had her cat Sushi and her 5 pet fish, Sharky, Sherlock, Wasabi, and Moses. Pete had his dog Hemmingway. Somehow all the pets liked each other, and got along really well. Lorin currently lived in the room across from Pete and went to the University of South Carolina.
Sign up to rate and review this story