Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > i only obssess over you

2007.twenty.twentyseven. part one

by poisonedhalo 0 reviews

im splitting this year into diff parts just cause we're kind of living it and i feel like dragging the fic out a little longer, enjoy xoxo and plz review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-04-21 - Updated: 2007-04-21 - 1780 words

0Unrated
It would be a lie to say that Fall Out Boys success had no impact on Pete and my relationship. But our world had been torn apart in the past and we were always pulled together, forgave each other, anything only by the magic shared in our world. We had discovered what true love meant. It couldn't be broken, even though cracks did start to show.

*flashback*
" Pete for fucks sake! They're asking too much!" I yelled. The echo reflecting off every wall to our new house in LA. It truly was too big for us.
"You don't understand, I have to!" he bellowed back in frustration.
"Whatever, go take another publicity stunt bullet" I scoffed and walked out of the house, slamming the door behind me. I was sick of the bullshit that he had to pull for PR for the band. It was constantly ' go to this club', 'talk to this person'. But apparently it was worth it because the band needed the exposure. The other guys weren't into it but Pete never backed down from a challenge. Angrily I walked down the road with huge houses on either side. My phone rung. I ignored it thinking it would be Pete. I reached a small children's park, it wasn't so far off from our house. The phone rung again as I sat on a swing. I cancelled Pete's call. I hadn't even realized I had been crying this whole time. I wiped away the angry tears with the back of my hand. My phone rung again.
"What?!" I screamed into it without checking who was on the other end.
"Uhh ok.. sorry Lexy" Patrick's nervous voice stammered. " Is Pete there?"
" Sorry Patrick" I replied feeling guilty " I didn't mean to yell at you I've just ben...."
"Fighting with Pete?" he finished my sentence. There was no hiding it.
"Yep" I replied defeated.
"Lexy hun" he said softly and sympathetically.
"Patrick don't" he stopped and let out a sigh. " I guess it's a bad time to ask about something I heard on the radio?" This caught my attention. We usually never paid any attention to the medias rumors, so it had to be something important if he was bringing it up.
"What was it?" I asked. He paused.
" That we have a new album coming out soon" I sighed with relief " And that Petes seeing some singer". My heart stopped for a split second.
"What? What girl?" I asked hoping that Pete hadn't complied to the record labels request to fuel rumors about him being a toy boy by been seen several times with prominent "It girls".
" Oh I cant remember" Patrick lied. I had known him for far too long to know when he was lying to me.
" Patrick Stump, don't lie to me, I've had a bad day and I cant deal with my best friend lying to me too" he sighed again, this was followed by a long pause. I looked down at my swinging feet, knowing that whatever came from Patrick's mouth was going to hurt.
"Ashlee Simpson" I almost fell out of the swing I sat on. " There's a photo somewhere" he continued but I had stopped listening. Pete had lied to me. He told me that the label had asked him to do it, not that he had already said he would.
"Patrick?" I interrupted him "I...I.." I didn't know what to say.
"Im sorry baby girl" he let out. It was strange talking to Patrick, hehad been so distant lately. He was all work. I knew something was wrong, it was almost as if something was eating away at him. This was probably the longest conversation we'd had in so long.
" Patrick, thanks for telling me, even though you initially wanted to speak to Pete, and I think your avoiding me" I said quickly.
"Im not avoiding you, I just have a lot going on" he paused " Don't kill Pete ok? He loves you, he's just a fuck up but we both knew that when we met him". God I loved Patrick, I smiled at his remark.
"Alright, I'll try really hard".

Returning home I stepped into a house that blared some form of screamo music. I put my keys down on the table that sat near the door.I tried to rationalize and calm down as I walked towards the loud music. In his boxers, Pete sat on the leather lounge eyes closed taking in the music. I could A) tell him I understood, which I didn't, tell him I didn't mind, which I did that he was ashamed to be seen with me OR B) I could tear him apart even though I promised Patrick I wouldn't.
Pete opened his eyes and jumped in his seat upon realizing I was staring at him from the doorway. I walked towards the stereo and turned the music down. Down was an understatement, I turned the stereo system off. He said nothing, the look of guilt plastered over his face.
" So does Ashlee care that your girlfriend lives with you?" I asked in a stern voice never raising it.
" Its not like I like her, it's a few appearances, a few photos, that's all" he reasoned. He was not understanding me.
"Pete today your putting me to the side, tomorrow, your putting the band to the side, I don't understand what the point is? I mean I love you" I said, my voice decreasing with each word spoken. My dark hair falling in my face. " we've been through everything and your throwing me away. I can see it"
" Lexy no, its not like that" he started.
"I'm going back to Chicago, I'll stay at Patrick's, Obviously you don't want me around" I stated and left him on his own.



I dropped my duffel at Patrick's door and buzzed number 11.
"Yeah?" the familiar voice came from the speaker. I sighed.
"Patrick? Can I come up?" I asked.
"Lexy is that you?"
"Yep its me". The door clicked open. I lugged my bag up the stairs to Patrick's apartment on the 3rd floor. He stood at the doorway smirking and shaking his head.
" You crazy kid, Did you actually walk out on him?" he asked. I stood in front of him, my bags fell to the floor and the tears flowed.
"Awww kid" he said as he pulled me inside.
Hours after me pouring my heart out to him about how rejected I felt, Patrick finally said
" You do realized that I'm heading to LA in a week to work on this new album with the guys" I groaned. "you can stay if you want but, come on, we all know that you need to fix things with Pete" My eyes avoided Patrick's stunning blue orbs and scanned the lounge area, on the floor was a magazine on page 6 was Pete and Ashlee, the caption above their heads "Out With The Old In With The New".
" I don't need to fic anything, I didn't do anything wrong".

I didn't speak to Pete for the rest of the week. " Im not being stubborn, he's the one too ashamed to be seen with me" I told anyone who asked why I had left him in LA.
I walked out of the bathroom, I had just had a shower, my bare feet tensing with each step on the cold tile floors. I heard Patrick on the phone in the kitchen.
" You are incredible" he scoffed. I tip-toed my way as I heard more of his conversation. "No Pete, its not ok.... Well then fucking show her goddamn it!" more silence. I heard Patrick laugh cynically. "You are fucking something up, something that saved you, she kept you alive". I listened to Patrick defend me from behind the wall next to the doorframe that led to the kitchen. I held the soft white towel closer to my body as I listened. " No! Don't you start with me, yeah whatever you take that whore of a woman, while I'll take the beautiful woman who's heart your breaking yet again" he paused " you know exactly what I mean Pete, just make sure when we get there she isn't anywhere in sight" he hung up. Wow. I was impressed. Patrick never got worked up and there he was yelling at Pete for me.



Arriving back at mine and Pete's house with the crew ( Andy, Joe and Patrick) was awkward. At the front door I fumbled with keys and finally I let us in. Music once again blaring, this time from the studio in the basement.
" Make yourselves at home, your bass is in the studio downstairs" I said and walked up the stairs to the room I shared with Pete. It looked unexpectedly clean and tidy. My stomach churned. Why was it so clean? What had he been up to? I shook the thoughts away and plunked myself on my bed. I lay staring up at the cream ceiling. The room smelt of Pete's cologne. I sighed and hoping things would get better.
"I didn't think you'd be coming back" Pete's forced my eyes in his direction. He looked tired and sick. I propped myself up on my elbows.
" Wow! Funny how you were so worried, you came running after me" I replied sarcastically. He said nothing, I shook my head and let it slide. " Well its my home isn't it?" I asked. He nodded.
" Of course" he replied, the fear in our voices felt like choppy waves in the sea. He shifted his weight from left to right. I sat up on the edge of our bed. My heart raced as I contemplated asking him the question. There were a few but I only managed one.
"Do you still love me?" a small smile crept upon the side of his lips.
" Of course I do, I just have to do this you know, I don't want to, I need to take one for the team" he sat beside me. I sighed as he places his hand over mine.
" I'm going to sleep" I said pulling away from him and crawling onto my pillow.
" I'm so sorry" he breathed out as he pulled a blanket over me.
" Not really" I mumbled hoping he wouldn't hear me.

**
People told me this would happen when we first met, I never believed it would happen. He would never let me go, let go of our live, the magic we were a part of was too powerful. But now, I wasn't sure. He said he loved me. But if he loved me then how come I wasn't feeling it, specially with the songs he wrote.
Sign up to rate and review this story