Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Music Or the Misery

Hand of God

by rainydaykid13 4 reviews

Wow, Pete. You truly are the son of God.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-04-23 - Updated: 2007-04-24 - 570 words

1Insightful
Kendall clambered onto the tour bus as Patrick disappeared into the bunk room.

She looked around. It was somewhat small, cramped even. The band still had about an hour until sound check. Joe and Andy sat on the floor playing some sort of video game, while Pete sat at the small table in the corner by the window, holding a magnifying glass over a oddly discolored piece of ice.

"So, what? We live here on this... thing for three weeks while you guys go dance around on stage like idiots every night in front of hundreds of people you don't even know?" Kendall wondered.

"Yep, basically," Joe said, not once looking up from his game.

"And you like it?"

"I think it's kinda fun," Patrick said, emerging from the bunk room.

"Figures, such a scene kid wannabe," Kendall retorted.

"Figures, such a pill-popping little tyrant," Patrick countered.

Kendall glared at him, resisting the urge to flip him off.

"Pete, what the hell are you doing?" Patrick laughed, walking over to the table.

"Unfreezing a bee," Pete replied simply.

"Why did you freeze a bee?" Joe asked, knitting his brow in confusion.

"'Cause I read in a magazine that if you freeze a bee and then melt it with a magnifying glass it'll come back to life."

"That's like playing God," Andy laughed.

"Are you on crack?" Kendall asked sarcastically, receiving a glare from Pete.

"Now, Kendall, what a grown man does in the privacy of his own bathroom is-" Joe started.

"Joe, please don't corrupt my child's mind."

"It's already been corrupted!" Joe said defensively.

"See?! Look! It's moving!" Pete grinned as the now unfrozen bee started twitching, before standing and beginning to buzz around not far above the table.

"Wow, Pete. You truly are the son of God," Kendall said flatly as Patrick snickered.

"Jesus would be proud," Pete smirked.

Kendall grabbed a magazine from the table and rolled it up before swatting at the bee, and squishing it.

"Bring it back now and I'll really be impressed."

---

Not long after, it was time for the band to head over to the venue for sound check.

"Kendall, are you coming?" Patrick asked her.

"Nope," she said simply as Patrick waved goodbye to her and stepped off the bus.

"I'll be back in three or four hours!" he called to her.

The door shut and Kendall sank into the couch, reading for the remainder of her time alone.

---

The concert went smoothly, and Pete, naturally, picked up a girl.

They made their way back to the bus, laughing and talking amongst themselves.

Patrick stepped back onto the bus, Andy and Joe close behind, Pete and the girl-whose name happened to be Naiya- walked hand in hand a few feet behind.

"So you're here to sleep with Pete-Almighty?" Kendall asked Naiya as she and Pete entered the bus.

"Kendall, shut up!" Pete whispered through gritted teeth.

"Oh, who's this?" Naiya smiled, ignoring the insult and blow to her dignity that she just received from an eight-year-old.

"Well, this is Kendall, Patrick's kid. But we think she may be the devil," Andy said, walking over to the fridge and grabbing a Coke.

"I had shoes like yours once, when I was five," Kendall said, glancing down at the woman's bright pink Converse.

Naiya looked confused and slightly annoyed,"She's...adorable."

Pete laughed sarcastically,"Ha, you don't even know the half of it.
Sign up to rate and review this story