Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Music Or the Misery

Chicago Is So Two Years Ago

by rainydaykid13 2 reviews

There's a reason for those curtains.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-04-27 - Updated: 2007-04-27 - 1292 words

0Unrated
Kendall looked up from her book and out the window, watching other cars and street signs fly past.

"Who knew three weeks of touring would pass so fast," Andy wondered as the bus passed a sign reading "Chicago: 1.2 Miles".

Kendall ignored the comment and turned her attention back to her book as Patrick walked into the room, talking to someone on his cell phone.

Moments later he sighed and hung up the phone, sinking into a chair next to Kendall, who once again gazed up at the man.

"What's up?" she asked, reading his expression like a map.

"Nothing. Just got off with the phone with my parents, they want us to come over for dinner, they want to meet you," Patrick explained.

"And this is a bad thing?"

"Not really, they're just kind of annoying," he said,"Not to mention your... personality."

Kendall rolled her eyes,"What's so annoying about your parents?"

"Nothing, they're just kind of annoying. Like my dad, every single time I start dating someone, or something like that first thing he does when we walk in is take out his wallet and say something like 'Now I bet you my son isn't taking you anywhere nice, how 'bout I give him some money so he can do that for once'. This is the same man that when I was a kid, when I'd ask him for fifty cents he'd tell me his entire life story, about how he'd wake up every morning at five AM with no alarm clock, no rooster, just a sense of responsibility, then walk to school four miles uphill both ways and that he had to help support his family so he got a job milking twenty five cows with no bucket so he had to carry the milk in his hands all the way to a barn that was an acre away. Then my mom, well for example, last year at Thanksgiving my brother brought his family. He has two kids, and the second they walk in the door she's all over them 'Oh aren't you just the most beautiful children in the world! Come here and give me a hug!' "Patrick imitated in a high-pitched voice,"This woman, when we were kids, every time she looked at us she held out a stick and prayed to God for the strength to just knock us somewhere. And to this day I have no idea where 'Kingdom Come' is," he rambled.

Kendall sat, staring at him, trying to think of something to say,"Has anyone ever told you you were an extremely long winded person?" was all she could manage.

"No, actually in most of the fan fictions I'm portrayed as shy and quiet," he grinned, proud that he had finally outwitted his daughter.

"Fiction being the operative word," the grin fell from Patrick's face. Maybe there was no outwitting Kendall.

"Whatever, just go put your shoes and jacket on, we're almost there," Patrick said.

Kendall closed her book and walked towards the bunk room. She came near to the door, noticing the odd sounds she heard coming from the other side of it. She turned the knob and walked in, turning on the light as she went.

"JESUS, PETE-ALMIGHTY THERE'S A REASON FOR THE CURTAIN ON THE BUNK YOU FREAKO!" she shouted, grabbing her shoes and rushing back into the main part of the bus.

Patrick let out a hearty laugh.

"What the hell was that?" Joe gasped through tears, he was laughing so hard.

"That...He...They... You know how you might see something in your life so disgusting that nothing will ever gross you out again?"

Joe nodded.

"Well that was it," Kendall announced as Patrick, Joe and Andy all burst into another fit of laughter as Pete and Naiya came strolling back into the main bus.

"What's so funny?" Pete asked.

"Kendall will never be disgusted again!" Andy laughed.

Pete and Naiya's faces turned a bright shade of pink and Kendall resumed tying her shoe.

Finally the bus pulled in front of the house Patrick grew up in, and the group flowed out of the car and onto the front porch. Patrick rang the doorbell and groped for Kendall's hand, silently praying that she wouldn't be herself, if only for the night.

"Patrick!" his mother shrieked happily as she opened the door for them.

"Hey, mom," he said as she wrapped him in a hug.

She released her son as the others came into the room, all receiving hugs from Mrs.Stump.

Kendall, who had migrated behind the others, timidly entered the room.

"Well who is this?" Mrs.Stump smiled.

"This is Kendall, my daughter," Patrick announced,"She's adopted."

"Oh well aren't you the most beautiful little girl in the world!" she said, pulling Kendall into a suffocating hug.

She finally released and led them into the dining room, where Patrick's father sat at the table reading the newspaper.

"Meet the newest addition to the Stump family!" Mrs.Stump said, still holding onto Kendall's hand as she led them into the dining room.

"Hey there, I heard Patrick adopted a kid," the man said, smiling warmly at Kendall,"What's your name, dear?"

"Kendall," she mumbled.

"Well welcome to the family, Kendall. How do you like it so far? Is Patrick a good father?"

Kendall simply nodded shyly.

Mr.Stump smiled at Kendall before reaching into his pocket and handing her a dollar bill, "For my newest granddaughter," he grinned.

Kendall looked over at Patrick who was fighting back laughter and giving her a look that just screamed, "See? I told you so."

The rest of the night went fairly smoothly; Kendall even bit her tongue at each sarcastic remark that came to mind.

Mr. and Mrs.Stump were eager to hear all about the tour, and the four friends recounted each and every detail as Kendall and Naiya sat, picking at their food and listening.

Finally at the end of the night Patrick had relaxed quite a bit, but was more than happy to be heading home. The tour had worn him out and he just wanted to go home and sleep.

The bus rolled into the apartment parking lot and the six grabbed their belongings and sleepily dragged themselves into their apartment and nearly collapsed upon entering.

Kendall grabbed her duffel - that was nearly her size - and dragged it down the hall to her bedroom. She pushed it up against the closet and fell over onto her bed, falling asleep almost instantly.

Patrick walked into his room and tossed his bags on his bed. He was going to unpack that very moment, he didn't want to have to waste time on it later. He unzipped a large blue duffel bag and started to pull clothes out of it, tossing them into the clothes hamper and occasionally tucking some into drawers. He pulled out a small, black t-shirt with a large "XO" on the front, and "FALL OUT BOY" written across the back in big red letters. He looked at the tag in the neck and smiled. I knew she couldn't totally hate us, he thought to himself.

He walked down the hall and right up to Kendall's door. He turned the knob and walked in.

"Hey, Kendall? I think I got your shirt by mistake," he said, setting it on the dresser.

He turned around and saw her laying on her bed, rolled up in a little ball, asleep. He smiled softly and walked over to the bed. Patrick picked her up and turned the sheets down, gently placing her back on the bed and covering her up. He leaned forward and softly kissed her forehead, "Sweet dreams, baby girl," he whispered.

This kid was getting to him.
Sign up to rate and review this story