Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Music Or the Misery

Calm Before the Storm

by rainydaykid13 4 reviews

What are you doing here?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-05-02 - Updated: 2007-05-02 - 391 words

0Unrated
"Go fish," Kendall said as Naiya reached onto the coffee table, pulling a card from the stack.

Patrick sat across the room, absently strumming the chorus of "Dean On Arrival" on his acoustic as Joe, Pete, and Andy sat on the floor, engrossed in a game of Mario Kart.

The doorbell rang, and Joe paused the game, standing up to answer it.

"No fair!" Andy whined,"I had you beat!"

Joe opened the door and cocked his eyebrow,"Can I...help you?" he asked the frail blond woman standing in their doorway.

She was short and thin, her clothes hanging loosely from her bony frame. Dark blond hair hung in her eyes, making only one sad, cold blue eye visible.

"Um, do I have the right address? This is where they said I could find Kendall Steele?" she said softly.

"Hey, Kendall? Could you come here a sec?" Joe called, eying the woman suspiciously.

"Do you know this person?" He asked as Kendall walked cautiously up behind him.

Kendall felt her lungs constrict and the color drain from her face, "What are you doing here?" she asked.

"I'm out...it's over," the woman smiled.

"What?" Kendall spat.

"Rehab, it's over, I'm better now."

Kendall stared, dumbfounded, at the woman in the doorway,"You shouldn't be here," she said, beginning to close the door.

"No! Wait, just give me a second," the woman begged.

"Kendall? What's going on?" Patrick asked, standing up and walking towards them, placing his hand protectively on his daughter's shoulder as Andy and Pete peered around the television, trying to catch a glimpse of what was happening.

"Who are you?" Patrick asked her.

"Kendall's mother," she told her shoes.

"What are you doing here?" Kendall asked again.

"I'm sorry to come unannounced," she explained,"I just haven't seen you in so long! And look how grown up you are!" she said through teary eyes.

She stepped forward, hugging Kendall as Kendall cringed and pulled away from her.

"I really don't think you should be here," Patrick said, pulling Kendall close to him.

"Please, just let me have one minute with my daughter," she begged weakly.

Patrick looked at Kendall, her deep blue eyes wide with dread.

"I'm sorry, I can't do that," Patrick said, closing the door.

Kendall's mother walked angrily out of the building.

This wasn't over.
Sign up to rate and review this story