Categories > Cartoons > Xiaolin Showdown > Mark of the Vindicated... (Who is this new arrival?)

Chapter 10: The underground city

by vendettadrake 0 reviews

The answer to the questions are question.

Category: Xiaolin Showdown - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Horror,Romance - Characters: Chase Young,Jack Spicer,Wuya - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2007-04-29 - Updated: 2008-02-15 - 1502 words

0Unrated
Begin Chapter


On Mountain top in remote location

Dark clouds begin to form suddenly atop of all land that can be seen. Wind begins to blow at a high velocity, as if something appears to be wrong.
People step outside of their homes to see what is happening. What IS happening? No storm was predicted, the only explanation for this dramatic change in weather
is that something terrible is about to happen. What can be done? Nothing. No one knows what evil is causing this... it is something never seen before...

Xavier smiles an evil smile and stares into the distance, "It has begun. It's only a matter of time before her personality splits completely.", he tilts his head and reaches for his
chest, "Let us hope that this time she does not interfere!". He appears to have a battle scar on his chest. Could it have been Julie?

Exit Mountain top

Enter Xiaolin Temple

The Monks also notice that there is something going on and head outside to check it out.
"What with the funky weather?", Kimiko asks aloud. "Beats me." Raimundo answers as he shades his eyes to have a better look.
"Evil approaches.", Omi says aloud. The Monks stare at him. This is true, evil IS approaching, but what can any of them do?
They don't know exactly what or who it is that they are up against!
CRASH!!! BANG!!!
"Someones at the vault!", Kimiko yells. The Monks run for the vault.

"The Ying-Yang bird! Hannibal Bean!", Omi points out.
"Well well, I thought you'd never come.", Hannibal says mockingly. "Hand over the Wu, Bean!", Kimiko demands.
"Changing chopsticks!", Hannibals shrinks the wu and stuffs it in a little bag, "I'd love to stay and chat but I've got business to take care of."
"Oh no you don't!", Raimundo yells out.
WUDAI ORION FORMATION!
The Monks get ready to fight.
"I really don't have time for this, Shroud of Shadows!", Hannibal was soon gone!

Rai gets really ticked off, "This is Bull Shit!", he says as he punches the wall," How can a tiny little bean get away from us?!"
Very good question. But what can they do? They are only left with a few Wu and not knowing what is that they are up against is really no help at all!
How can this be? The Wudai warriors don't have the slightest idea of what they can do. If Chase and Vendettadrake can't find Hannibal what are the chances that they will?
With frustration, anger, and confusion the Monks head for the Grand Hall to report their failure to Master Fung.

Before they enter the Hall Master Fung steps out in front of them, "The vault has been rated, has it not?", he asks.
The Monks nod. Master Fung sighs," There is no point in crying over spilled milkshake.".
"Huh?", the Monks had never heard that one before.
Dojo enters the conversation, "We've been watching a little too much Grease, right Master Fung?".
"Where did you get Grease and the means to watch it?", Kimiko asks, although she already knows that they borrowed it without her consent.
"Oh, I took it from your dormitory.", it hits Dojo that he just confessed to stealing, "uh oh.", he hides behind Master Fung.
kimiko glares at him. She smiles, "It's ok, Dojo. You know you and Master Fung can borrow what you want."

"May we continue?", Rai asks annoyed, "so what do we do Fung?".
"What Wu did Hannibal Bean take?", he asks. Omi answers, "He took the Shroud of Shadows, Changing Chopsticks and the Sphere of Yun, Master Fung."
"why would he need the Shere of Yun?", he asks himself, "Please Young Monks go and rest for the night, something tells me we will need our strength for tomorrow."
With that beging said Master Fung head back inside the Hall and begins to discuss the matter.

"I fear Master Fung is right. We should go get ready for tomorrow.", Omi says as he walks toward the dormitories.
The Monks follow him. What dangers await them?

Exit Xiaolin Temple


Enter Doragon

"Wait a minute, I though Doragon was just a myth!", Jack blurts out as he begins to follow Julie. Julie stares at him, "So was I.", she finally says.
She continues to walk toward the Dark Palace. Jack is dumb with wonderment. Are all the stories of the "boogieman" true then? Vendettadrake, Doragon, both were just myths not to be taken seriously,
but now, they are all but true! Jack falls behind as he stares in wonderment at his surroundings. dark, gothic looking statues of dragons. So beautiful! such art has never been seen!

"It's best not to stay behind, Jack. They'll wake up soon.", Julie says as she waits for Jack to catch up. "Who's going to wake up soon?", he asks as he runs to Julies side.
"My people.", she answers. "You're people?", Jack asks. "Yes, the Doragonites...", she pauses for a second, "You are the first human to ever see much less step foot in our Empire."
"I'm honored.", Jack replies as he looks around cautiously. "They'd mostly likely kill you if they don't know you are with me, so try to stay close. It won't be long.", Julie states as she walks up the stares.
Jack quickly follows after. 'now i know where she got her hostility from!', he thinks to himself.

They reach the Palace walls. The walls and gates are the hugest ever seen! Hundreds of feet high and about 10 feet thick.
Jacks jaw drops, "So how do you plan on opening the doors?". Julie steps up and heads for an altar close to the door, "It's ID and voice activated."
She places her hand on the altar. A light shines brightly. You then see this high-tech looking machine, "HURTWORTH DART WAIN NOUT" , the machines gives orders in a strange language.
Julie places her hands on a black plate. Sharp needles appear and stab into her hand! they begin to draw and analyze the blood. "PORSTHRO VORTYIN" The needles are taken out of her hand.
"QWORTHRO MARDOM FAROTHXIT", Julie steps up and clears her throat, "Marking seft mort die". It begins to scan her voice.
1...2...3... "ARTESFT DORNTOP", the locks began to unlock and the doors slowly began to open, "SOPNOX VERTORTHROW"

Julie walks in and Jack soon walks in after her. "What kind of language was that?", Jack asks as he points to the altar.
"It's the divine language of the Dwarfs.", She answers. "Dwarfs?", Jack gets one question answered but it only leaves him asking more.
"Yes. The Dwarfs built our security system.", Julie looks down and smiles faintly, "it was a thank You gift for Saving them in the Golem War."
Jack looks at Julie, he can tell she is getting flashbacks, "Golem War?". "Yes, The Golem War was only one of the many Wars that me and my people fought in."
"What other wars did you fight in?", Jack is astonished by what he is hearing. Wars, alliances, he knew that she had been thru a lot but he didn't think that she was actually in wars!
"Heh. There are too many. But I do remember these: There was the Gorgon War, Minotor War, Atlantis War, Mordor War, Greek War, troll War, Kranos War, and the Blood Bath War.", she answers.
Jack was even more astonished then before!

The gears in Jacks head begin to turn. Her people??? Is she the ruler of this Empire?
"Julie!", Jack calls out. Julie doesn't reply, she keeps walking down the hall.
"This is your Empire, isn't it?", Jack demands. Julie stops and look down. "How can you do this?! How can you just leave the Doragonites and continue on without them when they are still alive?!"
Julie still wont answer. "Damn it, Julie! Tell me why!", Jack losses his temper.
Julie turns around, you see her eyes are watery, you can see the pain she is feeling, "You have no right to judge me for what I've done!!! What I did was for the well being of my people
and they know that!" Jack begins to feel sorry for judging her. " You think it doesn't hurt me to know that it was MY doing that put them in this dormant state for over 1500 years!?" If I had not done it this Empire would
have ceased to exist! I couldn't let everyone I care about die!"
Jack stares at her apologizingly. He walks toward her. "I'm sorry.", Jack hugs Julie.

"It's ok. It's natural for anyone to ask those questions.", Julie says as she backs off and grabs his hand.
BOOM!!! You head a sudden booming sound and the earth starts to shake. "What the-?", Jack starts to get freaked out.
Julie pulls on his hand, "C'mon! Lets go check it out!" They run back to main entrance. They open the main gate and see that the Dragon statues are begining to crumble, but...
there seems to be something inside the statues...

End chapter
Sign up to rate and review this story