Categories > Original > Fantasy > Fallen Sun: Saga of a Cursed World

Chapter One: An Unexpected Beginning

by Burning_Kodachi 0 reviews

Jeddah, a 16 year old junior in school, and his girlfriend Leanna. Both are very strong fighters with special gifts, a new student has arrived at their school with what seems liek a mysterious past...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2005-11-05 - Updated: 2005-11-05 - 1558 words

0Unrated
Fallen Sun: Saga of a Cursed World
By: Tyler Truman
Chapter One: An Unexpected Beginning

A swirl of dust kicked up, unheard and just barely seen. A Young boy ducked behind a bush quick as the soil quickly began to open into a pit. Slowly the pit grew wider and wider then on a geyser of water rose a girl with shoulder length hair, a pinkish reddish shade; she was wearing a necklace with a jewel in it glowing bright blue. She raised her arms and suddenly wind began to swirl around the boy and lift him off the ground. The young boy cried out in pain, as the wind was so violent it began to form old scars into new wounds. The boy pulled two metal rods out of the backpack he was wearing. He concentrated then the two small jewels embedded in his wrists began to glow from their original color of black to a neon green, the metal rods in his hands began to melt and form into what appeared to be katanas. He screamed loud as the pain began to worsen then the twister surrounding him dispersed as he raised his energy and gained control, and the only objects left on the clearing that was their battlefield were the boy and his pink haired adversary. He ran towards her holding his blades at his sides then jumped into the air and falling, his swords ready to stab the girl that was straight ahead of him in his view. Suddenly his swords thrust into a dome of rock surrounding the girl, the dome burst and the boy was shot straight into the air but then came soaring back down staring straight into the soft green eyes of his opponent. He sliced into her arm and she bled, she bled badly.

"Match over! Too much blood has been shed." A man shouted from a little ways in the distance. As the man grew closer the two fighters looked at each other, soaked in blood. Then they looked to the ground and all around them they saw a bloody field of stone and grass along with a big metal building.

"Hey, good job Leanna" the boy said as he wiped blood and sweat out of his eyes and away from his forehead.

"Your only saying that because you know I was going to win, Jeddah" Leanna responded with a sly grin on her face. She walked up to him and kissed him on the lips, the taste of blood still present in their mouths. He pulled away slowly and turned to look at the man that stopped their fight. He was balding on top but had long blackish-brown hair pulled into a ponytail. He had thin face and big bluish-green eyes.

"It's time for school" the old man spoke up after a moment of silence. Jeddah looked up at the building they stood beside, his house, big, metal and plastic, blue, and a lot of windows. Leanna and he entered through the sliding glass door in front of them; the room they emerged into was the kitchen, tiled in white. The old man followed behind them into the house.

"Bye dad" Jeddah yelled back already having his backpack on from the fight, the old man watched his son leave hand-in-hand with Leanna.

Jeddah and Leanna arrived at school later that morning and took their seats at their desks. The teacher walked in followed by a boy Jeddah had never seen before. He was tall and had hair jet-black, spiked with red tips. He wore circular sunglasses, red in color. He also had a long black trench coat on with a red interior. He noticed something odd about the kid too, he wore a spiked collar but it was no ordinary collar, it had a jewel in it, a jewel similar to those in Jeddah's Gauntlets and Leanna's necklace.

"Class this is Genoa, he's a new student" the teacher told the class.

There was a moment of silence then Genoa spoke up. "Hey" he said taking his glasses off to reveal his eyes as cold and blue as diamonds. Genoa walked over and sat next to Jeddah. "Hey Jeddah what's up?" Genoa said to him.

Jeddah jumped a little bit in surprise that Genoa already knew his name. "Um... hi, how do u know my name?"

"Oh I'm just good like that haha, no not really I just saw the seating order up at the teacher's desk."

"Oh okay well yea I'm Jeddah, and this is Leanna."

"HI!" Leanna said waving. The rest of the school day had passed as Genoa, Leanna, and Jeddah began to get to know one another better and become immediate friends. Genoa went to Jeddah's house later that day and hung out with them there. They all became very trusting in one another.

A few weeks had passed since Genoa first arrived in the town they lived in and Jeddah and Leanna were coming back to Jeddah's house from school that day. "Dad me and Leanna are home" Jeddah heard no call in response "Dad?" He still heard no response so they went out back to the battlefield where he and Leanna had fought earlier. They saw it was still stained from their battle, then he saw his worst fear, his father laying blood covered and surrounded by creatures, tall creatures that looked like mantises. They had long claws that looked more like scythes and their skin was a dark red. Jeddah just stood in place shuttering and Leanna put her hand in his trying to comfort him. He pulled away from her opened the door and pulled metal disks out o his backpack. He ran towards them the metal in his hands melting away into saw blades. "You bastards!" He yelled tossing the discs at them, most of them were avoided but one creature paying no mind to the boy got a disc in his eye. The creature let out a screech that could be heard for miles. When Jeddah reached the creatures he realized he was in over his head, literally. The creatures stood about thirteen feet tall and were all facing him ready to strike. Suddenly the soil beneath them began to shake and then harden. Spikes of rock shot up out of the ground impaling the creatures. There were still many there and Leanna ran up beside Jeddah. Lightning struck some of the monsters from Leanna's powers and Jeddah made two long blades and battle as fiercely as he could but the metal began to crack and break. A creature slashed at Leanna and caught her necklace and ripped it from her neck. Her powers ceased and Jeddah had run out of metal that he could manipulate... they thought they were doomed. Then, bullet holes formed in the, monstrosities and blood began to spurt out, all the creatures were down and full of bullets. Then in a blink Genoa was standing before them.

"Hey guys I uh... saw you were having a little trouble." Genoa said reloading his pistol.

"Ha! I knew there was something special about you. So what is it you can slow down time?"

"Haha no I can turn invisible, plus I'm an excellent marks man with my pistol." Then Genoa got a more serious look on his face "So he was your father... He was a great leader."

"Wh-what are you talking about, leader? How do you know my father?"

"Well your father is... rather was the leader of a resistance group called Fallen Sun. We are all from another dimension... well not another dimension but a world. Your mother died giving birth to you Jeddah she was of this world your father and those jewels in your gauntlets and, Leanna that necklace that Jeddah gave you when you two were younger, all of those jewels an your father are from another world he was the leader of a rebellion against the demons on our world. The demons have taken control of everything. In our world you're either a slave or a rebel. Well my entire point here was to check on you father, it had been a month or so since he last return to our world, but now. Well you need to come to our world with me... and Leanna you need to come too, your powers of elements; I've never seen any one with those powers in our land before. So... will you two come with me?"

"I... I think I will," Leanna spoke up "what about you Jeddah?"

"I don't know I mean I'm so confused how do I know I can trust you, I mean how can you ask this of me when my father was just killed before my eyes." Jeddah said while Leann was picking up her necklace and tossing it up in the air then putting it back on.

"Jeddah you have to trust me, with your father gone you are probably the one thing that will pull us through and hold the resistance together... please Jeddah, I'm begging you."

"I... I guess I'll go if it will avenge my father and bring your... our land peace." Jeddah said in response.

"Okay then let's go!" Genoa said and grabbed their wrists. "Everyone close your eyes." The three of them closed their eyes and when they reopened them...
Sign up to rate and review this story