Categories > Anime/Manga > Trinity Blood > A Never Ending Nightmare

Chapter 1: The Castle of Death

by Rihanna_Night 0 reviews

Trouble is on the horizon for the Vatican and it seems unstopable, Cain's not part of it yet he won't stop it either Abel doesn't know and why is Esther here soaking wet when she should be in Albio...

Category: Trinity Blood - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Abel Nightroad - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-05-01 - Updated: 2007-05-02 - 3317 words

0Unrated
Riza AN:/ Thank you so much for reviewing cherryopsicle, Anime Verde, and evilangel990 hopefully I'll get more reviews this time by the way my laptop is fixed yay me! If anyone's wondering where I get these places and everything I recently purchased Trinity Blood Rage Against the Moons and it had a map at the back so I'm using it so pretty much Albion is England and I'll probably use a lot of references to the manga or maybe a mix?

I don't own Trinity Blood wish I did.

Chapter 1: The Hidden Castle of Death

Albion was the most beautiful and up to date place there was, though what could anyone expect when it was always either raining or windy, being outside was rare but that's what today is. Rare.

The markets were held outside that day and everyone was enjoying themselves as they joked, watched the band play, and had fun playing out in the glorious sun, there were very few days like these and they wouldn't be getting some until next year this was most likely the last day for an outside market. Though one of the guests there wasn't enjoying themselves quite as much as the rest of them.

"I hate the sun." Ion complained as he fell to the stone floor. "It's so bright and hot, and yellow and hot!" The sun beat down happily in response, seemingly to enjoy Ion's misery as his companion continued down the road unaffected by the heat. And he was the one wearing black!

"Ion, stop complaining it can't be that bad!" Abel scoffed, walking through the city looking through all the little trinkets, he was hoping to find something for Esther maybe soften her up a bit, if he returns that is.

Ion only looked up slightly from his resting place he was not moving for anything in this world, unless they had a ice cold drink nearby. And looking around at everyone they weren't going to offer him anything anytime soon. Selfish Terrans he thought bitterly.

"Aren't we supposed to be avoiding people we know?" he asked humorlessly, watching Abel poke through all the little trinkets searching for something not even he knew.

He froze suddenly when Ion's last comment hit him, smiling a sad smile he tuned to Ion. "And we are, we're going to make sure we stay as far away from the palace as possible."

Ion looked up at him confusedly, settling himself on his elbows. Abel barely spoke of Esther he always tended to avoid the subject of Albion and the Queen, Abel said it was because they had left on bad terms but Ion never believed him. Esther wouldn't let something like that get in between her friends but she will most likely scream at them for being away for so long.

"Still it would be nice to see her again." Ion muttered to himself in despair he really wanted to take a rest. Ion flopped down once again to the cool side walk as people walked around him giving him funny stares but Ion didn't seem to mind as long as he didn't have to move.

"Yes, but first maybe a gift to soften her up?" Abel said picking up a beautiful ruby necklace off the counter. He'd heard this before and every time Abel had changed the subject.

"What did you do anyway?" Ion asked curiously, he never seen a guy so nervous about getting in contact with a friend before. Well he did say that he had hurt her so that would defiantly require some help on getting on her good side.

Abel looked around, fidgeting with his hands or playing with the items on the counter, he really didn't want to answer that question so naturally he looked everywhere else other then at Ion. "Um, not much, besides her birthday is coming up."

He did not want to tell him what happened or how deeply he cared about her. Abel was on thin ice with her at the moment and he was not going to have anyone breaking that ice for a very long time at least not until he's had a talk with her and beg her for her forgiveness. Okay so maybe he needed all the brownie points he could get and he would probably be doing Our Father's and Hail Mary's till judgment day if he didn't do something soon!

Ion still looked at him in suspicion, since when did he buy gifts for his friends? He sure didn't get a present sure he lived for a very long time but he still celebrated it every year. "Then why are you shopping for her?"

"Isn't it customary to buy a gift for a birthday?" Abel asked feigning innocence.

"What did you do?" Ion asked again looking at him in annoyance if he was held responsible for something Abel did he was going to throw him to the wolves den! Namely Esther's den. "And don't tell me nothing, since we can't even send her a lousy letter."

"It's nothing you need to worry about!" Abel growled at him, clenching his fists in anger.

Ion flinched back in surprise he had never seen Abel so mad before especially about a question he had asked. Sure they argued but it was nothing serious. Abel turned to guiltily, maybe he had been a little moody and on a rampage all around the continent but it was for a good reason. He shook his head and held out his hand to Ion. "Come on lets take a break and find a room for the night."

Ion looked up in shock, quickly taking his hand. He knew a peace offering when he saw one and he wasn't going to let it slip past him. "You mean we're going to stay here more then a few minutes?" Ion asked jokingly.

"I'm not that bad." Abel stated as he pulled Ion up with him.

"Right." Ion stated as Abel mocked glared at him. Abel just rolled his eyes and headed off toward the edge of the city, Ion tailing behind him. If there was one thing you learn while being a traveling priest all the Inns, motels, and hotels are all at the edge of the city near all the food, Oh glorious food!

"Hotel first!" Ion yelled at Abel, he had been staring at the diner across the street with drool coming out of his mouth for the past five minutes, you would have to be stupid not to know what he was thinking about.

Abel looks appalled at him as Ion drags him to the hotel into the front desk with a tall skinny bald man reading a newspaper. "May I help you?" He asks looking up at them with a friendly smile.

"I'd like a room for two." Abel stated as he watched Ion at the corner of his eye sit down in the lobby, he was tired and the heat was killing him.

"Of course Father." He quickly disappeared in the back and just as quickly reappeared with a key in his hand. "Here is your key, we hope you enjoy your stay."

"Thank you," Abel quickly took the key and turned to look for Ion. "Why don't you go ahead and get some rest."

"Are you sure?" he asked unsurely.

Abel nodded happily it wasn't everyday that he got to be by himself these days, not that he didn't like company it's just he did enjoy brooding once in a while. "Yeah go ahead." Abel replied with concern. "Besides I still haven't found a gift"

"All right." Ion stated, he was to tired to argue at the moment.

Abel quickly left he wanted to go shopping for her on his own, he couldn't just get her any old trinket it had to be special and meaningful something absolutely perfect. To bad he hadn't a clue on what the would be. "What am I going to get her?" Abel asked no one in particular he looked so hard for a gift and it wasn't happening.

"Are you looking for a gift Father?" A young blonde woman from behind him asks in curiosity it wasn't often seeing a priest talk to himself, let alone for a women's gift. She had heard him come up and she was always looking to make a bargain off her many merchandise.

He turns in surprise to her he hadn't expected anyone to of heard that. "Why yes sort of."

"Is there anything I can help you with?"

He hesitated for a moment he did need help but he was still reluctant of accepting help from people. "I'm looking for a gift and I'm not quite sure what to give her."

"You messed up huh?" She said thoughtfully looking him up and down, she really was a character and it was making Abel uncomfortable.

"NO!...Maybe?" Abel answered weakly, was he that easy to read?

"What did you do?"

Able retreated inwardly twiddling his thumbs, maybe he had done something very bad but he had a reason. Maybe? "I sort of haven't contacted her in while."

"How long?" She asked unimpressed she seen this stuff all the time and you kind of can guess what type of guy he is by the gift he gives her.

"Five years?" He whimpered weakly, Abel was hoping she wouldn't catch it but she had. So it was that bad so he just hadn't wanted her to be in danger because of him.

"Five years?! And she hasn't hunted you down and killed you?" The Women replied in shock, either that woman had a heart of gold or she was something else.

"It's bad I know I really should of wrote or something." Abel had wanted to he had started a thousand letters yet he had never sent a single one afraid that if Cain saw him then he would somehow use Esther against him.

"Well this is a change, men taking responsibility for their actions." she whispered to herself pitifully she wished she's met him sooner or something.

The woman nodded taking out a small box from out of the counter she had been leaning on for quite some time today. "I'll make you a deal and give you this." She replied opening it to Abel who had almost begun almost hyperventilating he had been looking everywhere for something like this. "It's very old and very rare I only show this to special customers."

"This is perfect, how much?" Abel asked in appreciation but she just handed to him with a smile, she sure wished he didn't have girl after all it was hard to find a guy like that.

"No thanks is needed." she replied giving him the necklace with a gentle smile.

"But-" Abel started in a complained.

"No one knows a woman scorned better then I." she sighed wistfully looking off into space. "Though I wish someone would of gotten me a gift."

"Umm, thanks?" Abel replied uncertainly she sure was a character he'd give her that much but she changed moods more then he did and this is probably one of her good days or hopefully one of her really bad and she wasn't so bipolar on regular days.

"Don't mention it and good luck, your going to need it." the young woman winked saucily at him.

"Well that was fortunate." Abel said thoughtfully taking out his treasure, it really was a gorgeous necklace a beautiful silver cross with a sapphire in the middle surrounded by what appeared to be two diamonds each. The young woman watching him with slight hero worship she'd hate to see him when he hands the girl the gift, if it was her he'd be dead already.

"Are going to sight see before you leave?" She asked curiously.

"I doubt it." Abel said not looking up, watching the light catch off the cross. "Though my companion might." Her ears picked up at that if he was this way maybe his friend might be a good guy to instead of all the losers she attracted.

"If you and your companion have time I'd love to take you before you go." she replied watching the clock strike three. "People are dieing to go to Château de la mort but no one can find it."

Abel looked up in surprise at her he hadn't of heard of this place before and he had been all over this place once upon a time. "Château de la mort?"

She smiled she had him hooked on something so maybe she could meet his friend. "Yeah its supposedly filled with vampires, great fun everyone has there at night."

"That does sound interesting." Abel replied thoughtfully.

"Come by later and I'll show it you and your friend later! Ask for Ann." She waved at him but yelled back. "By the way how old is your friend?" Abel just waved, quickly leaving the market so maybe he had to try and have Ion flirt with her a little to well it was little sacrifice on his part. Ion had grown a lot recently and looked about her age which was a real relief for him.

"So much for a break." Abel sighed in misery, why was he always the one with bad news.

Abel walked quickly back to the hotel he and his companion were staying at it was quaint and it didn't cost a lot. It was as he left it even with the same bald man smiling pleasantly. "Welcome back Father your companion is around here looking for you."

"Thank you" Abel replied as the front desk man went back to work but stopped once again when he didn't leave. "Just out of curiosity but have you by chance heard of Château de la mort?"

"No I'm afraid I have not, Sir." The old man replied thoughtfully. That was an awfully weird question not to mention French name it couldn't be in Albion, they were prideful almost arrogant of their landmarks and history what would they need of the French? "But if I do I shall inform your strait away."

Abel quickly nodded his thanks and looked at the key he had received it was Albion so it had to have been some high tech gadget he was an expert on old lost technology but give him something made in this century he was lost.

"Château de la mort?" Ion asked confusedly from behind him glaring all the while, this was the first time he's heard of this. "Since when do breaks require looking into a dark creepy castle with the name of the Castle of Death?" Abel forcibly froze at that statement and twitched slightly in surprise he had thought Ion was in their room and very far from him, at the very least out of ear shot.

Abel turned on his heels and just smiled at him nervously he was hoping he hadn't heard that. "Okay maybe it's not so much of a break."

"I hate you." Ion grumbled, grabbing the key from him and turning on his heels away from him toward their room at the end of the hall and throwing himself on the bed.

"Heh?" Abel quickly followed behind him making sure his gift was out of sight. "So I am that bad lets go and get something to eat first." Abel quickly set down his purchases and practically skipped out of there all the way to the diner across the street, after all everyone knew that hotel's overpriced there food.

They quickly found a booth unoccupied and waited patiently for a waiter it wasn't long when a teenaged girl just in high school came along. "What can I get you sir's?" she asked cheerfully.

"Milk Tea would be Devine." Abel smiled at her.

She quickly turned to young Ion who was glaring holes through Abel's head. "Nothing for me I already ate." Ion growled lowly to her, normally she would think he was rude and spit in his food but no normal person growled. "And where have you heard of this Château de la mort?"

"Around?" Abel just laughed nervously but stopped. "That reminds me why did you call it Castle of Death?"

"You don't know French?" he asked, usually people that close to the Kingdom of France, especially from the Vatican.

"Not well." Abel admitted sheepishly.

Ion just sighed in exaggeration proud that he actually knew something his companion did not after all he was a Count and a gentlemen they were both required to know five different languages. "Castle of Death in French means Château de la mort."

"I see." he said thoughtfully. Abel had never been one for French but it could be an interesting development if Cain was involved.

"I'm sorry, did you just say Château de la mort?" The young waitress asks in disbelief, she had come back with his tea in a hurry to get off work and she was absolutely shocked who would want to go to such a haunted place?

Abel turned to her and smiled a friendly smile. "Why yes, we were looking to sight see before we had to leave tomorrow morning."

"We were? Since when?" Ion exclaimed.

She nods placing their tea in front of them along with the very large amount of sugar in front of Abel. "Yeah I've heard of it." she looked at them skeptically. "But you don't want to go there especially at night, they say people have disappeared there, they also say it's haunted but that's only if you believe in stupid superstitious stuff like that." she quickly dismissed taking up there left over dishes. "Enjoy your tea and call me when your ready to order."

"Wait!" Ion yelled at her before she got to far if they were going to this spooky place she could at least tell them where or they were going to be lost all night. "Could you tell us where?"

She blinked twice and nodded. "Yeah it's right up that hill." The young woman replied pointing somewhere off into the distance. "Most people can't find it because it's always hidden in the summer."

"Thank you." Abel replied with his goofy smile and turned to Ion.

"All we have to do is stay here until evening." Ion thought out loud to Abel looking to

"Didn't you hear her?" he asked in disbelief. "You don't want to go there in the evening!" Abel really didn't want to go especially if it was a dead end and what was the point of going at night just to get scared, you couldn't even see. Oh right damn that woman and her impeccable timing.

"Your making us go so why not? I want time to have fun and relax." Ion explained looking at the large clock in the center of the diner as it chimed seven o'clock. "So we have an hour to spare so just enough time to get there after sunset."

"Um care for tea first?" Abel asked with a nervous smile. "Guess not." Abel sighed longingly at the diner watching as it got smaller and smaller away.

--TBC--

Riza AN:/ Sorry for not updating in a while, I had this planned to be longer a lot longer I cut it in half cause I'm sure you don't want to wait any longer. This has become my pride and joy my baby even more so then my Full Metal Alchemist ones. Remember to review! I might just update early because the third chapter is already started it was going to be chapter two and this was getting really long but it depends on of you want a Esther or Abel point of view? Esther you might have to wait a week depending on how creative I'm being. Sorry for leaving you with another cliffhanger. Remember to review and I want at least five!
Sign up to rate and review this story