Categories > Original > Romance > Secret Lover.

Chapter 2

by SucksToSayTheLeast 0 reviews

Carlie bumps into Chris at the Coffee Bar, while on a lunch date with Mitch...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-05-02 - Updated: 2007-05-02 - 617 words

0Unrated
12:15 The Coffee Bar:

As me and Mitch walked into the Coffee Bean filled with chic 20 something's and cute emo boys mixed into the crowd I spotted a familiar figure up at the bar ordering something. I almost keeled over from my nervousness when the person turned around and it happened to be Chris. He sipped his coffee before adding sugar and cream.
"Could you get me a Latte please? I just saw a friend and I'm gunna go say hi." I asked Mitch. This was sort of risky, if Mitch got jealous it would not be pretty.
"Of Course. Anything to eat?"
"A bagel with cream cheese please."
"Sure thing baby." Mitch leaned down and kissed me.
I smiled up at him before walking briskly towards Chris who was adding the last bit of sugar in his coffee.
"Hey!" I grinned as I touched his arm letting him know that I was present.
Chris looked at me with almost the same amount of enthusiasm that I had.
"Hey!" He grinned.
"Who are you here with?" I asked.
Oh shit, did that sound rude? DAMMIT
"Oh, um, no body actually." He almost looked embarrassed.
"Oh..." I felt guilty for asking him that.
"No don't worry about it, I'm used to it... I found that I'm actually quite fun, I like being by myself." He reassured me.
Wow, how can anyone be that content with themselves?
"Oh." I smiled small.
"So, what are you doing here?" Chris asked in an attempt to lighten the mood.
"Eating lunch. I have a free period after lunch so, I have an extra long lunch hour."
"Awe, that's cool. I had a free period last semester.
"Nice."
"Yeah."
AWKWARD!
"So what are you doing tonight?" I asked
"Probably gunna play 6 hours of war craft."
My heart stopped and broke at the same time. "What?!"
"I'm kidding!" He smiled noticing the shocked look on my face.
Dammit he has a beautiful smile, such straight teeth, and white... STOP!
"Oh!" We both laughed at how gullible I was.
In the middle of our laughing and bonding Mitch wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me tightly towards him.
Chris and I both stopped laughing and Chris stopped smiling when he looked at Mitch.
"Oh, Chris, this is Mitch, my boyfriend...Mitch, this is Chris."
"Hey." Chris said without a smile. "Well, I better be going, I'll see you in French." He stepped back and smiled at me then with a smile nodded at Mitch.
"Who was that?" Mitch turned to me and frowned.
"My friend.... Its not a big deal."
"I want you to stay away from him."
"But-"
"Stay away." Mitch warned.
"Okay..." I whispered and looked down at my shoes.
"Okay, Lets go eat." Mitch said leading me towards two leather chairs near a window.
I sat down and watched Chris walk out of sight.


2:50 French Class:

I sat down in my seat and pulled out my finished homework, I quickly tore it out of my notebook and walked to the front to hand it in. As I set my homework in the basket I turned around and bumped into Chris.
"Sorry." I said before ducking out of his way.
I walked back to my seat and sat down.
Chris approached the desk next to mine and sat down.
"Are you alright?" Chris asked
At that moment I got a huge urge to disobey Mitch and I blurted out "Do you wanna hang out tonight?"
Chris smiled "Yeah."
I smiled back "Okay."
"But wait, will your boyfriend care?"
"I don't care." I said as I brought out my binder.
Out of the corner of my eye i saw that Chris was smiling.
Sign up to rate and review this story