Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Always There

Rude Awakenings and Poison darts

by Lady-Amaya 2 reviews

Just when eveything starts to look ok, the titans are betrayed by one of their own. JAY! How Far will Theresa go to get him back? Will she even cause her own death? JxT AxA

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-05-03 - Updated: 2007-05-03 - 3750 words

0Unrated
Chapter six: Rude awakenings, and poison darts

Quickly Archie, Herry and Neil made two stretchers for their hurt companions, while Odie and Atlanta bandaged some of their wounds. Odie was taking most control over what was happening with the healing, but Atlanta did whatever she could to help him. And that includes doing whatever Odie wanted her to do, like fetch anything and everything that came to his mind.
"Atlanta, take some bandages out of my bag, and get some Bactine while you're at it." Odie directed not looking up form his injured companions. Atlanta wordlessly did what told her to do and went to his bag to get the supplies. Moments later she came rushing beside him to apply the medicine.
"Hopefully the medicine will help." Odie mumbled to no one in particular. Quickly he applied the Bactine carefully on both of his friends' wounds, and then wrapped their injuries in bandages.
Soon after Archie came up and sat down beside Odie. "Do you think all those bandages will hold until wed can get them to Hera?" Archie asked looking down at Theresa and Jay with a worried glance.
Odie sighed and looked up form his work. "I don't really know," He murmured as he stood up, "but it will have to do as we have no more bandages."
Archie bit his lip, "How do you think this happened? Obviously they were not planning on this to happen."
"This is obviously the work of Cronus," Atlanta said standing up, "I mean do you think some sort of robber did this to them?" Atlanta sighed, "What do you think he did to them anyways?"
'I am not sure," Odie replied, "We will have to get them to tell us when they have recovered."
"We should get going," Herry said bringing over the two stretchers, "with all their wounds, well we would not want them to get infected." Archie and Odie walked up, Archie holding Jay and Odie holding Theresa, and both of them placed them on an individual stretcher.
"Well," Herry said standing up and grabbing hold to one side of Theresa's stretcher, "lets get moving, we don't want to waste any more time in this dreary forest."
And together the rest of the team brought the two of them to Herry's truck and drove off to the school. All of them hoping and praying that some how both of their friends would make it through this ok and the seven of them would be together again as a team.
At the school:
Chiron was searching through his library of scrolls and Greek legends when Hera came bursting through the solid oak doors.
"Chiron!" She panted leaning on the side of the door for support. "Jay and Theresa are hurt; we need to get them medical attention! Quickly!"
Chiron galloped out of the room after Hera and hurried to the main fountain where Archie, Herry, Atlanta and Odie where pulling the stretchers and Neil standing there worrying over his hurt friends.
Chiron gasped as he saw how bad they were hurt. "Zeus's lightning," he said placing a giant hand on Theresa as he saw the wound on her shoulder, "Let us get them inside. And the rest of you," He said turning to the young warriors, "stay out of my office until Hera and I allow you to come in."
And as he finished saying that he and Hera quickly ran into Chiron's office.
The group waited there for a vast amount of time. They were all curious about what was happening inside but could hear nothing. All they new was that Hera and Chiron were talking in low worried voices that were impossible to hear through the solid oak doors. No one spoke, all of them where worried as to why they had not came out yet.
Finally after a couple of hours, the two gods came out of the study, with a grim looks on their faces, whispering in hushed tones.
Quickly everyone ran up to greet them, also looking for answers.
"What happened? Are they ok? When can we see them? Has Jay woken up yet? What are their conditions? Did they say anything yet?" Everyone burst out at the same time.
Hera put up a hand to silence them which calmed them immediately. Hera sighed, "You may not see them right now, they need their rest, for they have lost much blood. We know they are alive, but we believed something has happened, although we are not sure what."
"Jay should wake up very soon." Hera said nodding her head towards the door, as they all heard a small groan coming from inside the office. They all turned their heads toward the study, as another groan was heard. "And if he does you may be allowed to see him."
"What about Theresa?" Herry asked worryingly, looking at the door yet again, hoping to see his friends run out of the study smiling at the very moment.
Chiron sighed, "We don't know when she will wake. Although both of them had wounds, hers were the most life threatening of them all. And the wound on Theresa's shoulder has me worried. We are not sure if she will live or die, we just do not know what happened. There is a more likely chance she will live, but if one of their wounds has infected then, well I am not sure what will happen." The group gasped but silencing them, Hera continued.
"You see students; Theresa has not only been wounded on the outside, but on the inside too, we do not know how, and we do not know why, but somehow something has infected her brain, she is worrying over something, something that is causing her terrible grief and pain. She is hiding something and it is killing her inside," She finished in a whisper. Then she heard more groaning coming from the study room.
Hera smiled, "well, since it is obvious that Jay is awake you might as well see him, but only for a quick amount of time, I wish to talk to Jay alone. Plus you must not tell Jay about Theresa's condition yet, I do not know how hard he may take it. After all they seem to be really close friends." And slowly, with the Titans fallowing her she opened the doors to Chiron's study.
In Chiron's Office:
Jay groaned as he put his hand to his head, finally waking up after his very long sleep.
Beep............Beep...............Beep
What am I doing in the hospital? Jay thought as he opened his eyes to see exactly where he was.
Apparently he wasnot in a hospital but Chiron's study. Strange Jay thought as he looked around, first thing I know I am standing in a dead forest clearing, and the next thing, I'm sleeping in a hospital bead, next to a heart rate machine, in Chiron's study.
But then Jay remembered that he was not standing alone in a forest for any reason. Theresa was lying there, bleeding to death in the middle of the forest clearing all because of him! Gasping he looked around, Where is she? Jay thought desperately they could not have just forgotten her in the forest could they?
But with a sigh of relief Jay realized that Theresa was right next to them, in a separate hospital bed, sleeping peacefully. Jay saw that her face was covered in wires, wires that were hooked up to the heart monitor. Her face was still pale, but now did not have any more horrible scraps or bruises she had before in the clearing. Her angel face was restored to its peaceful and perfect complexion. Her breathing was normal and she was no longer gasping out in pain, but had a small smile placed on her lips. Her shoulder was bandaged properly, and he could hear her let out a sigh of content.
"We do not know when Theresa will wake." Jay heard Chiron's faint voice through the oak doors.
"What is Chiron talking about Theresa for?" Jay thought. He strained his ears to listen to the rest of the conversation but only caught little bits and pieces of the entire thing.
"Theresa has not only been injured on the outside, unlike Jay, she has been injured on the inside as well." Hera now said her voice louder then Chiron's.
"On the inside? How could that be possible?" Jay thought now even more concerned for Theresa's safety.
"We do not know how, and we do not know why," She continued, still unaware that Jay was hearing everything they were saying.
"She is worrying over something, something that is causing her terrible grief, something that is killing her inside. She is hiding something, we are almost sure of it." She said her voice now almost a whisper.
Jay exclaimed, and looked worryingly at his friend. She seemed to be sleeping peacefully and so innocently. How could she truly be hiding something?
Is there something she is not telling me? Jay thought, Think Jay think, has she said anything to you that might give you a clue.
And suddenly Jay was pulled back into his memories of the previous days (a/n, just so you all know a lot of time has past, two days exactly.)
He remembered being stopped in the weapon room waiting for Theresa. He also remembered her tears pouring down his shoulders as she told him how worried she was about their latest mission. And even the time when he and Theresa had shared there thoughts on the rooftop.
Jay shivered as he remembered the cold feeling of dread that had surpassed him when he saw Theresa all beaten up.
She looked so sad, Jay thought sitting up, almost as if she was living a nightmare.
Then Jay gasped, or if she was living one of her visions! Of course! How could I have been so stupid!
He groaned and put his face in his hands, After all this time, she has been saying she was worried; she must have had a vision! There is no other explanation. Maybe a vision of an upcoming battle, or maybe she saw a...
But then Hera walked into the room fallowed by the rest of the team, fallowing her like lost ducklings.
"JAY!" They all screamed running towards him, all of them bursting out questions all at the same time.
Jay covered his ears with his hands. "Quiet you guys! Ugh I just wake up and already all of you are screaming!" He said trying to calm his friends down, yet laughing at the same time.
Finally they all stopped talking and allowed Jay to breathe.
"Hera," Jay said after everyone stopped talking, "can I talk to you for a moment?"
Hera nodded her head and looked towards Odie, Archie, Atlanta, Herry and Neil.
"May you leave us to talk." She said in a demanding voice.
They all grumbled a "yes mam'm." and left but on his way out everyone could hear Neil grumble, "Man, we have not even been hear a minute and you are trying to get rid of us, geez talk 'bout gratitude."
But they all left anyways, so the only people left in the room were Jay, Hera and an unconscious Theresa. Hera looked at him, "So what is it that you wished to speak to me about?" She asked looking at him curiously.
Jay sighed, "You have probably already guessed that my question is about Theresa."
Hera looked at his solemnly. "I guess you heard what I was saying to the others outside near the fountain."
Jay nodded his head and looked at her curiously, "Miss Hera, do you think that what is infecting Theresa's brain, as you said, has something to do with a vision she may not have been telling us about?" He asked.
Hera did not reply for a while but soon she answered with, "I am not really sure, but you are probably right. Theresa must have foreseen an upcoming battle, or maybe she had foreseen what had happened to you and her in the Clearing." Now she paused putting a soft hand on his shoulder, "tell me exactly what happened in the forest."
So Jay recounted what had happened in the forest, not forgetting to leave out any details, well minus the ones about him crying over Theresa's unconscious form. When he had finished explaining what had happened he looked up at Hera. She had a grim look on her face and a firm frown placed on her lips. Her eyes were worried and Jay could tell that she had probably already guessed what had happened.
She sighed, "None of what you have said will truly make sense until Theresa tells me what happened to her before you came. And I am afraid it may be a while before she wakes."
She got up and walked towards the door. Then with her hand pausing on the door handle she turned around to face him. "You may go back to sleep Jay, you must be tired, although you have been sleeping for a day, some more rest may do you some good. Or you can go out and see your friends." She said pausing and thinking. "But you should not leave school grounds just yet. I am not sure if you are ready for it."
Jay just stood up and shook his head, "There is no need to worry, the others can come in and see me if they wish, but I am not going to leave this room until Theresa is ready to come out with me." He vowed as he pulled up a chair towards Theresa's bead and placed a warm hand on one of her cold ones.
Hera said nothing as she opened the doors and stepped outside, locking the door behind her. It is just as I have feared, Hera thought, Jay is in love with Theresa.
O-O-O-O
For the next week Jay never left Chiron's study. He never left for food or drink or classes. He would just sit in the study beside Theresa all day. Usually after all their classes, the ones at Olympia high and the ones their mentors taught them, his friends would come to visit him and Theresa, brining him food and sometimes Odie brought his homework. His homework for the last week had still not been removed from the table Odie had placed them on.
"You have to leave sometime," Odie said looking at his friend worryingly, "the only thing you've done in the past week is stay inside this room. It is not healthy, you'll get sick and I am sure that Theresa would not want that."
Many of his other friends had said the exact same thing, but it did not make Jay move. Many of the God's even some he had never met had come to see them. They also said the same thing. "I am not leaving," Jay would always say, "not until Theresa can walk out with me. With a smile on her face and her eyes no longer sad. Until then I will stay in here."
"Something gives me the feeling Theresa will wake soon anyways Jay," Hermes said trying to comfort his friend, though not helping one bit.
After a few days of him saying that his friends finally gave up, they went on with their regular activities and when they came to visit, they said nothing to Jay.
I am blocking them out of my life again, Jay kept on thinking every time one of his friends walked out the study doors. They are right, if I don't get out and get some fresh air or anything then I will get sick.
Jay stood up and looked at Theresa, she looked much better then she did in the clearing, like Hermes said she is healing herself on the inside. He sighed, I might as well go to the library, and then maybe then I can get a lead on Cronus and make him pay for what he did to Theresa.
But Jay was not sure if he should go, he was still afraid that if he left her side for even a moment she would die on him. But even though he was worried he made his way towards the door but paused for a moment and went back. He knelt down beside Theresa and placed a small kiss on her cheek, "Sleep well my angel." He whispered as he stood up and walked to the doors. Finally with one last look at Theresa he closed the doors.
Wait a minute, He just thought as he walked down the hallway, I just kissed Theresa and she was not even awake. Ugh how pathetic is that?
But little did Jay know that at the precise moment his lips grazed her cheeks she had awakened. And that as soon as he closed the oak doors and locked them she had sat up and touched her cheek gingerly.
Did that really just happen? Theresa thought.
Somewhere in Cronus's hideout:
"A week! A week! I can't believe it is taking her this long to wake up!" Cronus yelled basically ripping his black and white hair out of his head.
"How am I ever going to get Jay if she does not wake up soon?" He continued.
But suddenly he stopped; he heard a loud gurgling sound coming from his pool of green water.
He quickly walked over and leaned over the side of the pool. Inside there were two images. Theresa was lying down apparently unconscious on a bed and Jay was kneeling beside her.
A huge evil grin plastered his scared face as he saw the young boy lean over Theresa and place a small kiss on the girl's cheek.
His smile only grew longer as he saw Jay whisper something in her ear.
"I see, so Theresa is your angel eh?" He said to no one in particular as he started laughing. Then he saw Jay walk out of the room and Theresa sit up and touch her cheek in the exact place Jay had kissed her.
"Ugh," Cronus scowled, "It is about time that weakling woke up. ASSASSIN!" He yelled.
Quickly a man dressed all in black came up and knelt before Cronus. "You called master?" He said in a low voice.
"Yes, look at these faces and memorize them," He said as the pictures in the pool changed. In the pool showed six teenagers, Theresa, Archie, Atlanta, Herry, Odie and Neil.
"What about them?" He asked leaning over the pool of water.
"It is time to begin phase two, let the bugs loose on them I want all of them to be infected. All his friends are dear to him, some more then others." He ordered smiling. Slowly he pointed at Theresa, indicating that this was the person he was talking about.
"It is her, his weakness, his love. Love...," Cronus told him laughing, "It is her who will help me. With her I will be victorious. Yes young Theresa,she and her pathetic friends will help me take control over my apprentice. If not, that dear boy will break into a thousand pieces over the death of the ones he loves."
"What about their leader, the descendent of Jason? What do you want me to do with him?" He asked staring at the six faces in the water and smiling as he looked at Theresa.
"Nothing," Cronus said, "Jay has been infected with something a little more personal. But believe me we won't need him to be infected, as long as you give his team mates the poison, and make sure that this girl gets an extra dose of poison," He said making everyone but Theresa's form to disappear, "I am sure we will have no trouble making Jay one of us."
"Are you completely sure master?" The boy said as he stood up.
"Yes completely sure now leave me to prepare." Cronus said.
"Yes master," The boy said disappearing into the shadows.
At the Dorm:
Atlanta looked outside as dark clouds rolled into view. She sighed and turned back to look at the living room where her and her team mates were. Archie and Odie where playing cards on the coffee table their eyelids drooping. Herry was lying down on the couch snoring snores that were louder then thunder claps and Neil was checking his teeth in his three way golden mirror.
"Got any 3's Odie?" Archie asked from across the coffee table.
Odie sighed, "No go fish."
Finally Archie let out a groan of defeat and let his face fall on the table.
"I can't take this anymore. This is so boring. I have never been so bored in my life. This is even more boring then our history lectures" He muffled his head still on the coffee table.
Atlanta sighed and sat down next to Archie, "Well there has to be something to do. Why don't we go visit Jay? Maybe Theresa has woken up by now." She suggested trying to lighten up the mood a little.
"No," Odie said, "it has been a week and she STILL has not woken up. Seriously I am not so sure what has happened to her. You think she is in a coma or something?"
Atlanta sighed, "No she is not in a coma, Hera would know and she would have told Jay at least."
"Jay, Jay, Jay all you guys talk about is Jay!" Neil complained, "If Jay is supposed to be our leader why is he not here leading us huh? Ya I know he is upset about Theresa and everything but she would not want Jay to lock himself in Chiron's study not even coming out to eat."
Odie sighed, "Dare I say it Neil is right, but we have already tried to get Jay to get out of the school for once but he won't leave remember?"
"Ugh that's it I'm going for a run things are way to boring over here." Atlanta said heading towards the door.
"Count me in," Archie said a little too quickly, "anything is better then here. You coming Odie?" Archie asked not even bothering to ask Neil.
"Nah," Odie said, "you know me I'll just probably fall behind."
Atlanta shrugged, "Suit yourself," she said, "come on Arch, lets get going before it rains." She said pulling him out the door and slamming it behind her.
Sign up to rate and review this story