Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Always There

In the clearing

by Lady-Amaya 1 review

Just when eveything starts to look ok, the titans are betrayed by one of their own. JAY! How Far will Theresa go to get him back? Will she even cause her own death? JxT AxA

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-03-03 - Updated: 2007-03-04 - 3190 words

0Unrated

Jay ran, all his thoughts were focused on Theresa. Ever since he heard her scream moments ago he had been running around wildly looking for her.


If I don't hurry, Jay thought as he ran faster, fear pounding in his heart, I will be visiting Theresa's deathbed, even before I get to say goodbye!
He heard another scream coming from the forest, but this one louder and more painful. He quickly changed directions and headed towards the forest. He was scared, scared for the one person he would always trust, scared for his best friend and team mate, and scared for the love of his life.

He just did not know what he would do if Theresa died. He loved everything about her, she was just plain beautiful. She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, including the ones he had seen in the movies. And if he did not find her soon he will lose the true love of his life. He ran faster and faster as Theresa's screams got louder and more frightening. Jay ran faster to the sounds of her voice until he ran strait into a clearing in the middle of the forest, and what he saw was a very scary sight.

Everything was dead; all the leaves on the trees were brown even though it was the middle of spring. The grass was a pale grey and there was probably no life inside the clearing. All trees looked the same, for they all had the same drooping stance as though they were crying and moaning from some sort of pain.
Strange, Jay thought, how could it be that right in the middle of a lively forest there is one dull patch? And suddenly erupted from his thoughts he gasped as he engulfed the scene before him.

But it was not the thought of everything dead that had caused Jay to gasp out in shock; it was the body that lay deadly still in a patch of tall dead grass. And it was not just anyone's body that was lying there, it was his best friends' body, it was his team-mate's body, it was the body of the one person he would die protecting, it was Theresa's body.

Theresa wasin terrible pain, and Jay could easily tell that by the way she looked. Her breaths were small and painful, and her angel face was covered in scraps, blood, and many tears. She looked as though she was dead; and because her skin was now deathly white, it gave here a ghostly like appearance, plus her eyes were squeezed shut from the numb pain. Her lips were a deep blue that would make anyone think she was frozen solid.

"Oh no! Theresa!" Jay yelled running towards her, his heart racing and beating 100 miles. He ran towards her fragile body and placed her head on his lap. Her skin was deathly cold that made Jay shiver as he touched her. "Theresa, Theresa can you hear me?" Jay pleaded, feeling a tear beginning to form in his eye. For many moments Theresa made no sound, not making any acknowledgement or sign that she had even heard him.

Jay did not move, he could not breathe, and he did not want to breathe if Theresa did not make it through this. Jay tried to contain his tears as he checked her pulse.

Nothing, he could feel almost nothing as he found where her pulse should have been. Her heartbeats were slow, far apart from each other and very faint. Now Jay could not contain them any longer and felt a single hot tear flow down his cheek. "No," Jay whispered. "Theresa, please don't die, hold on! Don't die on me, please be strong I will call for help! Just hold on!" Jay blindly felt around in his pocket for his PMR, not daring to take his eyes off of Theresa afraid that that would be the last time he would see her alive. He search for a vast amount of time but found his pocket empty, with his PMR gone, he could not call the others for help.

When finally, Jay had almost lost hope, he saw some of her body shift. He looked down and saw her hand slowly move towards his, and saw her hand find his way around his hand and grasp it tightly. Also some coulor had returned to her face, and her lips were no longer blue, but their usually rose red coulor.

He let out a small happy gasp at what she did; she was holding on, she had heard him. She was still alive, even after whatever happened to her, she had held on. Alive, Jay thought, Alive, alive, alive. Jay told himself over and over again, his heart soaring every time he said thought about the both of them making it out of this.

He looked down and checked her pulse again. This time it was much louder and faster, "Thank the gods she's alive!" Jay said to himself, pulling Theresa into a tight embrace.

"Jay," Theresa whispered her voice barely loud enough to hear. Gasping Jay pulled away slightly, looking at Theresa, to see if he was nit just imagining things. And sure enough saw that her eyes were slightly open. But the happiness that had filled him at seeing her eyes open, left as quickly as it came. For her eyes were not filled with happiness and joy they were usually filled with. They were filled with pain and agony, despair and a loss of hope. They were now a deep green like an olive, unlike her usual emerald eyes and they were sprinkling with fresh tears.
"J-J-Jay watch out" Theresa stuttered her voice now more loud and confident. He could not do anything else as something hit him on the back of his head turning his world black. "Theresa," Jay whispered as he fell beside her, his arms still wrapped around her in his loving embrace.

Since he was unconscious he did not notice the man who emerged from the bushes, knife in hand walking towards the two of them. He did not notice the man put a tiny slit on Jay's arm, and smash both his and Theresa's PMR. He did not see the man take a small nettle and inject something into his blood stream. He did not see the man's cruel smile grow even larger as he looked at how they were positioned. Theresa's head was laying on Jay's cheast, and Jay had his arms wrapped around her protectively.

Oh yes, Cronus thought, they love each other very much, so that idiot of a spy was actually of some use to me. Yes the love they hold for each other is strong, strong enough so that their love for each other will be their very own downfall, just as planned.

And still grinning Cronus, sithe in hand walked through the portal that was hidden in the clearing and disappeared. His evil laughter still rang in the clearing minutes after he had left, like a loud clap of thunder rolling over an empty valley, except louder.

With Archie and Atlanta:

Archie and Atlanta had been searching for hours with nothing to show for all their efforts. Both of them were exhausted from the days work and started to head home very soon after they had talked to Jay. Archie turned around and faced Atlanta after he closed his PMR.

"Well you heard him," Archie said, "we might as well go home; we are not getting anything done like this anyway."

Atlanta just nodded and yawned. They soon began their walk back to the dorm. Many thoughts were running through the thick head of Archie, and most of them were about Atlanta, the pretty red head girl walking behind him.

"So, what do you think Cronus is planning?" She asked him.

Archie sighed, "Truly I have no idea about what he is planning, and I just hope we can capture him soon, before he has a chance to infect innocent people with that poison of the Underworld."

Atlanta also sighed, "I just hope that none of us will get hurt in the process, I don't know what I would do if one of us got killed. If anyone of us got killed I would probably lose the will to live."

He was so confused about what he should say to her, usually he would try and say something comforting and try and make her smile, but this time it was different. He swallowed the lump that was gurgling in his throat, and walked with a firm frown placed on his lips.

"Me too Atlanta me too." He finally decided to say.
Come on Archie, there are not going to be many other chances to tell her how you feel. Archie told himself.

You love her don't you? Even if she doesn't like you, the worst thing she can say is no right?

He looked behind himto where Atlanta was walking. She was walking down the alleyway with her head hunched between her shoulders. Her eye lids were barely open and he saw the dark black lines that were appearing under her eyes. He was slightly shocked at the way she looked, but he knew he should not be surprised because he probably looked twice as bad. But even so he was worried.
"Archie what are you looking at?" Atlanta asked tilting her head over with curiosity.

Archie not realizing that he was starring at her, so he kept his mouth shut tight and turned away blushing madly.
But suddenly they forgot all about the embarrassing question, as Archie's PMR suddenly rang.

"Archie, are you there?" Odie said through it.

"Archie here, what is it Odie?" Archie said taking out his PMR and moving it so both he and Atlanta could see.

"I just wanted to let you know that, Herry, Neil, and I have given up the search and are heading back to the dorm." Odie replied.

"Funny," Atlanta said, jumping into the conversation and peering over the young warrior's shoulder, "we where just about to tell you guys that to, Jay told us to tell you."

"When did you guys talk to Jay?" Odie asked really surprised, "I have been trying to reach him for almost fifteen minutes and have been getting no signal form his PMR what so ever."

"Well we talked to him about half an hour ago, are you sure there was no signal?" Archie asked Odie curiously looking at Atlanta with a worried glance.
"I'm sure, absolutely sure, why? Do you think something happened?" Odie replied
Archie sighed, "I have no clue. How about I try and call him? Maybe you're just too far away to get a signal."

"No way! When I designed these I made sure we could reach each other no matter how great the distance." Odie protested. "Something's definitely up, Jay always answers his radio. Unless," Odie added with a scared voice.

"Unless he was either dead or dieing!" Atlanta finished for him with a scared voice. Odie just nodded his head sadly and looked towards Archie for directions.
"Odie head towards the park, that is were he was when he called him. Tell Herry to try and find Jay's exact location. We have to find them, Atlanta and I will meet you there." Archie commanded in a serious voice.

"But Archie," Atlanta said looking at him, "What about Theresa? Shouldn't we try hers? Maybe she would know where Jay is."

"No," Odie said, "We already tried hers, same thing no signal, whatever has happened; they were both in it together."

"Gather up Herry and Neil," Archie repeated again, "We can't give up hope. We will find the others, no matter what."

Odie nodded his head and closed his radio. Archie did the same and closed his, and together he and Atlanta started running towards the park.

At the park:
Atlanta and Archie greet the others:

When they reached the park they saw Odie, Herry, and Neil sitting down cross legged on the grass. Herry's face was in his hands, Odie was not typing on his computer and even Neil was not looking at his reflection.
"Hey guys!" Atlanta said speeding towards them, "Got any luck so far?"
Odie looked up, and shook his head.

"We found nothing. After all the searching we did, we found nothing, but a few drops of blood scattered on the forest floor."

Atlanta looked at them, her eyes filled with worry, "Come on you guys, you really don't think they are..." But she could not finish her sentence; she did not have the strength to do so. Just imagining one of her friends in that sort of peril was to much for her to take.

"Well," Archie said sighing sadly, "There has to be some form of clue somewhere, you know like an object one of them were carrying, or maybe we could hear them if one of them shouted or.... " But Archie was interrupted by a scream. It was a scream of angst and horror, and it was Theresa's scream that was coming towards the forest. "You asked for a clue," said Neil. And all at once they started speeding towards the direction of the scream.

In the forest

Theresa awoke with a strangled scream, awakening from the terrifying dream she had just endured. Her eyes brimmed with tears as she remembered what had happened in her dream. Being in Cronus's new found lair, Jay being all battered up and bloody, and finally Cronus's evil laughter that was taunting Jay as he was being tortured. His cold, pitiless laughter still rung in her ears. Why is all this happening to Jay? Theresa thought, Wait I remember now, Jay was hiding someone, someone who was important to him, protecting them from Cronus. And because he would not tell Cronus were that person was he was tortured and bruised. But who would be so important that he would give up his life for?

Theresa was still shaking with fear for her friend, but where these dreams actually visions of the future? Or where they just nightmares? She could not tell, so she decided not to linger on the question and looked to see where she was.

She was no longer standing in a field where there was nothing that was alive.
Now she was lying down in a forest clearing, where all the trees were dead, and where to warm, strong arms where wrapped around her slender body. She looked up, suddenly scared about whose arm's she may be wrapped up in. But her fear was quickly changed into surprise as she realized that it was Jay.

His eyes were closed and he was lying close too her, REALLY close. Jay had a large swelling bruise on the back of his head, and various scraps he had created while falling down. A frown was placed on his lips, and he had many lines of worry on his face. Theresa's surprise quickly turned into embarrassment as she realized how close they were. She could feel her cheeks redden as she realized her head was resting on Jay's cheast, and Jay's head resting on her shoulders. She could feel his breath run down her neck, making the hairs on her neck to rise and shiver.

She slowly sat up and tried to recall what happened before she got knocked out, the blush still on her face. She remembered Jay calling her name as she wandered far into the forest, she remembered feeling terrible pain spread through out her body, and she remembered seeing the two red eyes stare at her menacingly. Theresa shivered as she thought of Cronus's eyes staring at her, the two eyes that had haunted her dreams for the past few days.

Well, she thought, I had better call the others, Jay needs some medical attention. But then she looked down at herself and she felt sick as she saw she was covered in all those injuries, and to make matters worse, they all started bleeding. Ok, she thought sighing, we both need medical attention.
Theresa searched around in her pocket for her PMR but found her pockets empty, just like in all her dreams. She looked around to see if it had fallen out and saw two PMR's smashed to pieces lying beside them. Theresa sighed, Great how am I going to contact the others if my PMR is toasted?

"Theresa! Jay! Where are you?" Someone shouted from deep in the forest.
That voice, that's Atlanta!

"Jay! Come on man where are you?" Another voice called out, this voice deeper then the first.

Theresa gasped happily, and Archie and the others are with her!
"Atlanta? Archie? Is that you guys?" Theresa shouted back happily, and straining her ears for a response.

"Theresa! Where are you? Is Jay with you?" Atlanta responded her voice now much louder.

"Jay's here," She yelled, "But I don't now where we are, were in some form of clearing. But were both hurt, Jay's knocked out and I'm losing way too much blood here!"

This time it was Archie who responded. "Stay where you are! We are coming to get you!"

"Ok," she yelled, "but I don't know how much more of this I can take without fainting."

For many moments there was no response, and Theresa was getting more and more worried every moment that had passed before they were going to find them. Theresa sat down beside Jay and placed his head in her lap, looking at him worryingly as she saw him groan in pain and roll over, leaning more into Theresa's lap. She saw that his heart rate was at a normal, so he was not dieing, but she could tell he was almost as hurt as she was. For many more moments Jay's forehead began to sweat and he started to gasp. Theresa quickly wiped away any sweat that appeared but still it kept on coming back. But just as quickly as Jay's sweat kept appearing Theresa's strength was draining from her.

Oh please my friends, Theresa pleaded in her thoughts, hurry before I faint again, if I do I will only cause you all to worry.

And finally her wish was granted. Moments later all five of her friends came bursting through the dead trees, sweating and panting. It was obvious that they had been running for a very long time.

When finally they all looked up and saw what happened to their two friends, questions came rambling out, and none of them paused to breathe.

"Oh my Gosh! What happened here?" Atlanta said running up and hugging her friend.

"Oh my god! What happened to you guys? You look like your dead!" Herry burst out before she could answer.

"Never mind that." Odie said walking up and examining both Jay and Theresa, "We need to get you and Jay to see Chiron, boy you guys got hurt really bad!"
But Theresa's vision just grew hazy as she feared it would, and she for the third time today, blacked out.
Sign up to rate and review this story