Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Music Or the Misery

Sugar We're Going Down Swingin'

by rainydaykid13 6 reviews

She's gone.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-05-07 - Updated: 2007-05-08 - 1100 words

1Moving
Kendall raced around her room, tossing her clothes and other belongings back into her purple duffel bag and zipped up the top.

She walked to the door and opened it, making sure that all the lights were off in the apartment, and that no sound came from her mother's room across the hall.

Silently, she made her way back into the room, closing the door behind her and walked over to the window.

She lifted up the blinds and unlocked the window, pushing it open and pulling out the screen.

Taking one last glance into the grimy apartment, she lifted her duffel out the window and set it on the ground outside.

Kendall hoisted her small frame over the window sill and out onto the Chicago sidewalk.

She heaved the bag over her shoulder and without looking back walked quickly down the dark city street.

---

"Patrick, you gotta eat, man," Joe said, once again shoving a piece of pizza at him.

Patrick didn't budge.

"Can you hear me?" Andy asked, speaking slowly,"Blink once for yes, twice for no."

Once again Patrick refused to budge.

"You know, he picked the perfect time to get depressed. You guys leave in like, a week," Naiya said as the phone rang.

Pete answered it,"Yeah?" he said into the receiver,"I don't know if he can talk, he's kind of like in a coma right now," that earned Patrick's attention,"...No, no never mind, he's alive. Here he is," he handed the phone to Patrick.

"Hello?" he mumbled,"No, I haven't seen her. She's your kid, aren't you supposed to take care of her or something?"

"She wasn't there when I went to wake her up for school, her clothes are gone too," Kendall's mother said on the other end of the line,"I've searched my whole apartment, the rest of the building, she's gone. I can't keep looking, I have to be at work in twenty minutes."

"You're more worried about getting to work than your daughter?" Patrick was exasperated.

"She's a smart girl-"

"-But she's just a kid! Pete! Give me my keys!"

"I highly doubt your going to find her."

"Do you want her missing?"

"No, but she's not your daughter, you don't have to worry about her."

"No! You listen, Kendall is my daughter. And right now there isn't a bone in your body that I don't want to break," he seethed.

"I'm sorry! I just-"

"-You're not sorry! You don't even care about that little girl! I am going to find her whether you like it or not," he said, slamming the phone down on the table and standing up, noticing the four pairs of wide eyes staring at him.

He grabbed his keys and darted out the door.

---

Lightning tore a purple seam in the sky as Kendall walked hastily down the street, her head down as wind blew rain into her face.

The street lights illuminated the almost deserted road, the only noise animals in the alleyways digging through trash and the thunder crashing overhead.

"Hey there,"said a man in tattered, filthy clothes sitting near a garbage heap,"What's a pretty thing like you doing out here this late at night? Oh, and all alone too. That's not safe, not safe at all. Wouldn't want anything to... happen to you, would we now?" he said menacingly, advancing towards her.

Kendall backed away quickly, before turning and running, glancing over her shoulder long enough to see the man limping after her.

She ran through the rain into a nearby park, taking shelter in a jungle gym tube in the playground.

She pulled her duffel close to her, leaning against the back of the tube, watching the rain fall and the thunder crash outside.

---

Patrick drove down the street, rain beating against the windshield, obscuring his vision.

He pulled over and stepped out of the car into the pouring rain.

Patrick walked down the road, glancing into every alley and down every deserted street, hoping to find Kendall.

All he found were several cats and a homeless man limping back down the street.

---

Kendall sat in the jungle gym, alone and afraid.

She shivered as she fished her jacket out of her suitcase.

She had no idea what she was going to do, where she was going to go.

She definitely wasn't going back to her mom's house.

Patrick's? Someone would find her there.

Everett's? Ha. Fat chance.

Kendall was stuck, for now, anyway.

She felt tears form in her eyes as she pulled her jacket closer around her.

"Am I more than you bargained for yet? I've been dying to tell you anything you wanna hear 'cause that's just who I am this week," she sang softly to herself, her voice quivering,"Lie in the grass next to the mausoleum, I'm just a notch in your bedpost but your just a line in a song."

---

"Kendall!" Patrick called into the darkness, walking through the lonely playground.

He was becoming discouraged, maybe Kendall's mother was right, maybe he wouldn't find her.

But he kept going, leaning on the hopes that he'd soon find her, he'd already covered most of the area, and she couldn't have gotten far.

"Kendall!" he called again, nearing an array of swings, slides, and other objects.

He stopped for a moment, he could have sworn he heard someone singing.

"Kendall! Are you there?" he shouted.

---

"Down down in an earlier round, and sugar we're going down swingin' I'll be your number one with a bullet, a loaded god complex, cock it and pull it," she sang, tears still lingering in her eyes.

"Kendall! Are you there?" That voice. She knew that voice.

She peeked out of the tube, immediately noticing the chubby figure she knew so well.

Instantly she threw her bag over her shoulder and ran out of the jungle gym.

"Patrick!" she cried, waving her arms as he turned around to face her at the sound of his name.

She ran up to him, throwing her arms around him as he picked her up and spun her around.

"Oh my God Kendall, I'm so glad you're OK," he said, still holding her tight,"What the hell did you do?"

"I hate her," she cried,"I miss my family. I miss you and Joe and Andy and Naiya and Pete-Almighty. I wanna go back there."

Patrick smiled to himself, that's what he'd hoped to hear, but he wasn't sure, he didn't have custody, after all.

"I'm not going back," Kendall continued.

"Let's not worry about that now, right now, let's go home."
Sign up to rate and review this story