Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Music Or the Misery

Golden

by rainydaykid13 6 reviews

Final chapter

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-05-08 - Updated: 2007-05-09 - 486 words

1Moving
"Custody of Kendall Rae Steele will be awarded to Mr.Patrick Stump,"the judge announced, as the entire left side of the room heaved a sigh of relief,"The court rules that Mrs.Steele be stripped of all visitation rights, supervised or not, to ensure the safety of the child."

Kendall's face lit up with happiness as Patrick wrapped his arms around her.

Her mother's head fell to her hands,"No," she whispered, on the verge of tears,"Please, your honor, give me another chance. Kendall, she's all I have. I need her, and taking her from me is like taking away air. I need her."

The judge wasn't phased,"I'm sorry ma'am, but over the course of the last two weeks you have shown excessive amounts of carelessness and negligence towards your daughter. This court simply cannot place a child in the care of someone who may endanger her life. This case will be reexamined six months from now. Court is adjourned."

Kendall's mother stormed out of the room.

Patrick clasped Kendall's hand and followed Pete, Naiya, Andy, and Joe out to the car.

They piled into the car and sped off down the street, laughing, talking, and singing along to the radio.

Kendall looked around the car, carefully taking in the atmosphere, and looking at the face of everyone in the vehicle.

This was her family.

And they meant more than anything to her.

---

Patrick sat on the couch next to Kendall, acoustic in hand, strumming the second verse of "Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner,"

Naiya sat on the floor next to Pete, his arm around her shoulders, watching Joe and Andy duke it out in Super Smash Brothers on Gamecube.

Hemingway lounged on an old towel in the corner, lazily gnawing on an old tennis ball.

Patrick finished his song as Kendall leaned her head on his shoulder, having fallen asleep.

He set his guitar down and gently picked up the sleeping child, carrying her down the hall into her bedroom.

He turned down her sheets and set her down in her bed, as her eyes indolently opened.

She looked up at him, still barely awake.

"Hey, Dad? Can I tell you something?" she asked.

"You called me Dad," he smiled.

"I love you."

"I love you too, baby girl."

I hope this classifies as a half decent ending.
Thanks so much to all my readers, and a special thanks to: nya-MEya[scarrlifigous], Rae_She_Writes, rejected_smurf_god, jessiearei, duckapple, patrickdance4me, danceislife, patricksgirl84, 1234, Randomextra313, fobgal1, and angeltearsburn for reviewing. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing this. I had a lot of fun writing this story, and the reviews mean a lot to me.

Extra special thanks again to Sabrina, for threatening to eat her keyboard. If she hadn't this story would still be at chapter two. Ily.

There's a sequel on the way.

Sign up to rate and review this story