Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > He Was Drop Dead Gorgeous. Too Bad He Dropped Dead.

EIGHT

by Sticky 5 reviews

Greta finally meets up with Peter. He does something stupid then asks her for a "favor" the "favor" that would letter become the central conflict of this writting.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fantasy, Horror - Published: 2007-05-09 - Updated: 2007-05-10 - 924 words

0Unrated
"Greta!" He said just above a whisper.

"Peter." I answered my voice shaky with excitement.

"It's been so long. I haven't seen you in forever. I never though I'd see you again. I missed you so much. After you left I spent every day wishing I had the guts to go back home. And I-" Peter was cut of my a man in black skinny jeans and a blue polo shirt

"You're on in fifteen minutes Pete."

I look of anger shot across his matured face. "After the show, Please come find me. I want to talk to you." He muttered before disappearing down the hallway with the man in the black jeans.

"I did it" I thought. I found Pete Wentz. After all this time he still remembered me. He spent days thinking about me. And after the show tonight he wanted to talk to me. I was on top of the world. This dangerously happy mood lasted thought Fall Out Boy's entire set. They were wonderful and the crowd loved them. After the show was over and most of the preteen fan girls had left I ditched my friend and made my way to the back of the stage. The guard made eye contact with me and said "Pete wants you to meet him in his dressing room." I nodded my head and made my way down the crowded hallway. My heart raced as I reached the door. I knocked gently and waited for an answer. I heard footsteps the sound of someone unlocking the door. The door creaked open and I was greeted by Peter's trademark smile. "Hey! Come on in!" he said as he motioned for me to come into the dressing room. I looked about the room it was messy and smelled of beer. It reminded me of his childhood bedroom that I was all too familiar with. I took a seat on the love seat in the corner and Pete sat down next to me. We talked and talked and the conversation was decent but it didn't feel right. I listened to Pete's stories from the road and his teenagers years. He seemed happy but I sensed something terribly wrong in the room. Peter smiled every so often but his smile was a mere shadow of its former self. It wasn't just his smile that had deteriorated. Peter's whole body looked emaciated I flinched every time he lifted one of his skinny arms. His eyes were sunken into his skull and bloodshot from many sleepless nights on the road. As the night winded down I bid Peter good-bye and leaned in to hug him. As I wrapped my arms around him I could feel his bones through his clothing. "Are you okay?" I whispered into his ear my arms still wrapped around him. He froze then took a breath as if he were about to tell be a fantastical story then he simply said, "I'll be okay." On that puzzling note I left the room. Peter and I promised we would keep in touch. This time we did, we would talk on the phone every so often and when he was in town we would go out to dinner. It felt good to have him back in my life. For a while it even looked like he was going to get better. Each time I saw him he seemed a little healthier then I got a mind-blowing phone call.

"Pete's in the hospital. He tried to kill himself."

Those words echoed through my entire body. Why would he even think of doing that? He had everything he ever wanted. Everyone loved him. His life was supposed to be perfect. I jumped into my car and drove out into the heart breaking darkness. My hands shook as I steered my car into the hospital parking lot. I wondered in and talked to a nurse. She showed me to his room. I didn't walk in at first. I could walk in at first. I need time to collect my thoughts. I stood in the doorway and watched him. He was laying flat on his back staring at the ceiling. I took a deep breath. The hospital smelled like death and after being there for a few minutes my throat burned with the after taste of death. When I felt I would collapse if I stood there any longer I took the first step into his room. He looked at me with swollen eye but didn't say a word. I sat down in a chair by his window and stared at him. He stared back at me. My heart fluttered as I watched him breath. His breathing was a blessing to me. If had gotten his own way I wouldn't have ever been able to see him breath, or smile, or... at this thought I began to cry. Tears washed away my make-up. I moved closer to Peter and wiped my eyes. I took a deep breath of the death scented air then said "Why.."

"Please don't cry, Greta. Please don't cry. I can't tell you why. I don't know why. It just felt right at the moment, in fact it still feels right. I don't want to be here." He said hoarsely.

My eyes grew wide. Tears flooded my face. How could he think like that? "Peter, you don't mean that. Tell me you don't mean that."

"Greta, I've known you for a long time. I think you're a person I can trust. Could you do me a huge favor?"
Sign up to rate and review this story