Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > TonTon's Bath

First Date

by Kurenai 1 review

Their first date...how will it actually go for these two team mates?

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Genma, Other - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2005-11-14 - Updated: 2005-11-14 - 2343 words

-1Predictable
Shizune walked up to the ramen shop, looking around for Genma.

Genma was already there, yawning and stretching his arms.

Shizune waved to him as she approached him, "I'm not late am I?"

"Yeah, I was just about to leave," Genma teased with a smile.

"Very funny Genma-kun." Shizune walked with him to sit down and order.

"I thought so." He grinned again, noticing her outfit and thinking to himself that she looked rather ...nice. He had waited for her, so after she was finished ordering, he did too and sat back to wait.

She ordered her normal miso soup and looked back at him, watching him sit back, "It's nice out tonight." She was trying to make small talk.

"You look nice tonight," Genma said, wondering what it was that made her look quite so different.

Shizune blushed at his comment, "Thank you. You look very handsome outside of field gear."

"Thank you," Genma replied, smiling to himself, even though he just pulled the first non-field gear thing he owned on.

Shizune looked down quietly. It was so awkward to be out like this with her crush. She wasn't sure if this was a date or just two friends going out...after all this was her first date if it was.

"So..." Genma started as they waited for their food. "How've your missions been lately?" It may have been a date, but they were still ninjas. He had no clue what else to talk about.

Shizune nodded, "Simple...aside from the missions I go on with you, I usually get assigned simple things."

"That's good." Genma also nodded, feeling quite like an idiot.

Shizune was slightly relieved when their food arrived. She had been fighting the urges to sit closer to Genma.

Genma sighed, relieved for the moment since he had something else to do with his mouth than try to make conversation.

Shizune ate her food respectively, not wanting to look like a slob in front of him.

"Good noodles," Genma said between bites.

She nodded and smiled, "They always do a great job here."

"Yes, they do." Genma slurped up the last of his noodles and set his bowl back down. Truthfully, being a ninja didn't leave much time for dating and even at his age, it still left one with a huge lack of knowledge about dating and romantic endeavors.

Shizune finished not long after him and smiled, "What should we do next?" She wasn't really ready for the night to end yet.

"Next?" Genma looked at her with surprise. He had assumed that would be it. "Tea?" he suggested weakly.

Shizune giggled, "Walk? Maybe to the training grounds?"

"I suppose that would be fun." He shrugged and stood up, reaching into his pocket to pay for the ramen.

Shizune stood up, waiting outside for Genma with her back to the building.

Genma gave her a smile as he came back out. "Lead the way?"

Shizune walked with him to the path that led out of town to through the woods. The awkward silence was back.

Genma didn't know what to say, so he didn't say anything, simply shoving his hands in his pockets.

Shizune glanced at him, "Genma?" She looked back down at the path, "Thank you for dinner." She cowardly changed her true question...truth was she wanted to know what he thought of her.

"You're very welcome. It was ...pleasant." Genma looked around them as they walked, wondering what he was supposed to say.

Shizune smiled at him, "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"I want you to promise me something..."

Genma nervously bit his lip. "Alright...what?"

Shizune stopped in the middle of the field when they got there and looked up at him, "Promise me you won't ever get hurt like you did that day, again. I was scared when I saw you."

Genma nervously fiddled with his senbon. "Well... I don't know if I can promise, ninja do get hurt...But I'll try."

Shizune hugged him then, "I don't ever want to lose you like that." She all but confessed her feelings for him then with those words.

Genma was quite a bit surprised by the sudden hug, but loosely wrapped his arms around her in turn. "Alright..."

Shizune laid her head on his shoulder as they hugged. It all felt so right to her.

With a happy sigh, Genma closed his eyes.

Shizune smiled to herself as she held close to him, not expecting what was about to come next.

Raidou smirked as he walked up on them, "You two make a cute couple."

Genma immediately pulled away, embarrassed as hell. "Hey..."

Shizune blushed looking down. She hated the feeling of him pushing away from her like that. "Maybe I should be going now?"

Raidou raised a brow, "What are you guys doing out here?"

"We were taking a walk, what are you doing here?"
Slightly upset with the interruption, but more embarrassed, he stealthily grabbed Shizune's belt, silently asking her not to go.

Shizune nodded to him slightly as she stayed quietly with him.

Raidou shrugged, "I was out walking too when I saw you guys. I just came to pay respects to the fallen shinobi at the monument. It's been awhile since I had."

Genma nodded. "That's a good idea."

Raidou smirked, "You two on a date?" He glanced between the two.

"What's it to you?"

Raidou shrugged, "Nothing really I just think it is about time you two got out together. It's obvious to everyone else you like each other."

Shizune blushed then, looking down.

Genma very nearly blushed, but at the last second, managed to keep his cool. "Wha-what do you mean?" Shit, was it that obvious?

Raidou waved at them, "I'm going...you two obviously need time alone." He walked back towards the village, leaving them alone again.

"I'll have to get him back for that," Genma threatened softly as he pulled Shizune back towards him.

Shizune blushed as she felt him pull her to him. She clutched his shirt, resting her head against his chest.

He wrapped his arms around her waist, just holding her close. -Don't let anyone else come along and embarrass me, please,- he thought to himself.

She liked being in his arms like this. She whispered softly to him, "I do like you."

"Ah, I like you too," Genma admitted softly.

Shizune looked up at him and smiled. "There is no one else in this village that makes me feel the way you do."

Genma scratched at his upper lip. "Really, Shizune-san, I'm not worth the praise."

Shizune gripped his shirt as she pulled herself up enough to kissed his lips softly, "To me you are."

He turned his head away, embarrassed, but did squeeze her waist tighter. "Thanks..."

She blushed, laying her head against his chest again, "I'm sorry...I shouldn't have done that..." She referred to the kiss.

"No, it's fine." He turned his head back, placing a soft kiss on her chin.

She blinked at this, not expecting it.

"Do you want to continue this walk or..." He let that hang in the air.

"Or what?" She bit her lip as she looked up at him.

"Something else?" He shrugged one shoulder.

"Maybe go back to my place?" She suggested.

"Alright." Genma nodded and pulled back slowly. His hands lingered on her waist for just a moment.

Shizune liked this feeling as she began walking with him, her hand gradually finding it's way into his along the way.

Genma walked with a smile all the way back, occasionally giving her hand a squeeze as he did so.

Every time she felt this she giggled softly. She couldn't help it, he made her happy. "Make yourself at home." She said as she opened the door.

"Thanks," Genma replied as he slipped off his shoes at the door and made his way to the small futon couch.

Shizune slipped her own shoes off, leaving them beside his as she walked over and sat beside him.

"So, what do you want to do?" Genma asked.

"Well...no one should bother us here, so whatever you want to do." Shizune replied with a slight blush.

Genma didn't know what to say to that, so he didn't say anything.

Shizune looked down then, at their age they should know what to do shouldn't they? She was nervous.

Genma scratched at his neck, also feeling the same way. "Well...maybe I should..."

Shizune looked up at him curiously then.

"Do you have any cookies or anything like that?"
He asked suddenly. "We could have dessert."

Shizune nodded, "In the kitchen...I think there are a few cookies left." She stood up and walked in their. She didn't know why she felt so disappointed that he asked for dessert.

She soon returned with a couple cookies for him and some milk, "Sorry it's not too fancy."

"Oh, it'll be fine." Genma smiled as he took them. "I had a nice time tonight."

Shizune returned to her seat at his side, "So did I, aside from running into Raidou. Oh....why did you grab me like that back there when I started to leave?"

Genma shrugged softly as he chewed his cookie, slowly and thoughtfully. "Didn't want you to go."

Shizune smiled, moving a little closer to him. "Oh?"

He nodded. "You looked like you were going to run off."

"And you wanted me to stay that much?" She smiled, "Thank you for stopping me. It showed you care."

Genma nodded, finishing off his cookies.

Shizune sat there quietly looking down at her hands. /I'm 28, he's 30....why are we acting like school kids?/

"Well... I guess I should get going..." Genma wiped his hands on his pants, but didn't get up.

Shizune looked up at him, "Would you like to stay the night?" She said quickly.

Genma blinked, startled at her. "I..."

Shizune bit her lip as she looked at him.

He had never expected Shizune to be so blunt. She seemed so quiet and graceful. "I don't think I should...this is only our first date..."

Shizune looked down, "I...I didn't mean it like that. I just..."She paused then stood up, "I just like the feeling of being in your arms like we were earlier and wanted to stay up all night in them, maybe watch the sunrise...sorry." She walked into the kitchen then.

"Well... I could stay a bit longer..." Genma stood up. "Why don't we go up to the roof and watch the moon?"

Shizune stopped in the doorway of the kitchen then, looking over her shoulder, "I would like that."

Genma followed after her, waiting for her to leave the way. He didn't bother to put on his shoes.

Shizune slipped her hand back in his as they walked outside. She let go and jumped onto the roof.

Genma followed after her, sitting on the ridge beam of her house and patting the empty space next to him.

Shizune sits beside him and smiles, "The moon is full tonight."

Genma wrapped his arm around her shoulder and smiled. "Yeah...it's nice."

Shizune leaned against him as he held her, "I like this."

"So do I, actually," Genma admitted. It surprised him how much he liked this.

It's so different being alone here together, from being on a mission." She looked up at him.

"Yeah... You can relax and not have to worry about a kunai suddenly landing in your back."

Shizune giggled at this, "That's true but I was also thinking about not have Iwashi and Raidou around as well."

"Well that's another benefit as well." He gave her shoulder a squeeze. "You realize he's going to tell everyone we were on a date tonight, right?"

She nodded, "Are you okay with that?"

"My reputation," he gave a fake dramatic sigh.

She nudged him gently with her shoulder, "Think about mine. I have to work with Tsunade-sama tomorrow." She winked.

"What will she say?" Genma was truly curious. He liked Tsunade, but she was quite the queen of snark. Especially when she found out about relationships between ninja.

Shizune shrugged, "Being that she her only lover was my late-uncle....I understand why she is like that but I think she will more than likely lecture us on why it could be an advantage and disadvantage."

"I'm sure she will." He sighed. "I didn't want her to break up our team because we're involved."

Shizune sighed softly, "I wouldn't want to be separated either."

"I suppose it wouldn't be all bad." Genma tilted his head back, admiring some stars. "It would only be for missions. But..." he trailed off.

"But what?" She asked curiously.

"Well..." Genma shifted slightly, clearly nervous. "I might ...worry about you. A little."

"Like I did about you that one day?" She asked softly, looking at the stars.

"Yeah, like that."

Shizune turned her head, looking at him, "But if we stayed on a team together, we would work even harder to protect the other."

"We should say that to Tsunade-sama. I'm sure she'll try to split us up. You know she doesn't like romantic couples working together."

She hugged him then, burying her face in his chest, "I don't want to be split."

"Me either." Genma hugged her a bit tighter with that.

"We'll have to make her understand that us being on the same team will be better for us and that we won't let it mess us up on a mission."

Genma nodded. "If you say so. You know her best."

Shizune smiled, "You really do want a relationship with me don't you?" She kissed his lips softly.

"Hmm..." Genma purred softly, closing his eyes as she did that. "Yes," he said when she pulled away.

She blushed as she looked in his eyes as she pulled away, "When's our next mission?"

Genma shrugged. At this moment, a mission was the last thing on his mind.

Shizune smiled and laid her head on his shoulder as she watched the stars again.
-----
Please R&R
Sign up to rate and review this story