Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Bury Me in Black

I'm such an idiot!

by NeverOkay 2 reviews

She meets......

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-05-14 - Updated: 2007-05-15 - 1156 words

1Original
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I hope this satisfies!



I woke on the plane in a daze, with the slight panicky feeling of "Holy crap, where am I???" pounding in my chest. I soon realized with a jolt as I felt the drip, drip, drip of cold liquid on the backs of my new skinny jeans, so dark blue they were almost black.
"Shit!" I muttered as I grabbed a napkin from the tray table and began to mop up the spill as best as I could that I had caused when, in sleep, I had knocked over my water cup. Ice had also fallen out and melted into the jeans, leaving semi-permanent cold spots on my stiff legs. I adjusted the tray table, snapping it into its seat back position and sat up, rubbing my eyes and yawning. After checking my watch I realized it was three in the morning. I was so tired I could barely move. My limbs were achey and I felt hot despite the constant whirr of the air nozzle above my seat. The flight was only half full, I guess not many people enjoyed the red eye, so I had ditched my assigned seat next to an overly friendly woman who had began to talk about her life in great detail to me even though it was 12:30 in the morning, and snagged a great, completely empty row where I had instantly fallen asleep.
I checked to make sure my black backpack was where I had left it on the floor, and felt around the inside pocket to check on my money, all the cash I had. It was still there, as well as my hotel confirmation slip. Thankfully, I fell back onto the seat and almost immediately was asleep.
When I woke up, light streamed in through the crack of the tiny airplane window. I almost as a reflex looked at my watch and saw that it was 4:00 in the morning California time, 6:00 Atlanta time, explaining my tiredness. My body still ached, but I grabbed my backpack and waited in line to get off the plane. As I was almost to the cockpit, I saw a figure with untidy black hair and sunglasses step off the plane, and my first thought was, "Gerard!" But as I took a second look, I realized that I must have been seeing things.
I walked off the airplane and into the terminals, where I followed the directions to baggage claim. Suddenly, as my backpack slipped to the floor and I reached for it, I bumped right into another person.
"I'm so sorry!" I cried. "I didn't see you."
The man smiled and handed me my backpack. "That's all right." He began to walk away, and with a start I realized it was Gerard Way!!! I stood, stunned, as two guards walked up to him and began to escort him across the crowded room of people rushing to and fro for their flights. It was the same person I had thought was Gerard on the plane. I groaned and flopped down on a seat. "How could you be so stupid!" I muttered to myself. "That was your chance!"
At last I got up, still cursing myself, and walked to a nearby snack stand to buy some pretzels, my breakfast. I was sidelined by a display of rock magazines, most of them which displayed Panic! At The Disco, Fall Out Boy or most of all, My Chemical Romance slouching across the cover. I squatted down by the rack and began to read though they were mostly celebrity sightings, though a few had some in-depth articles.
Next to me a girl looked up from her magazine, one of the ones I had just read with a great Panic! article. She looked a lot like me, black skinny jeans that were attracting a lot of stares- though not in a good way, as I was all too familiar with, a tight black hoodie with a silver skull design, black converse probably scribbled on during math class and a silver stud in her nose.
"Ummm," she said, looking down at her shoes, "are you a MCR fan?"
I smiled and put down the magazine. "Yes, why?"
"Well, if you want to know, they're actually in the airport!" She flushed with excitement. "I just flew in from New York. I came to see their concert."
I groaned. "I'm such an idiot."
"Why?" she asked.
"I just bumped into Gerard Way. He was really polite and so hot up close! He gave me my backpack that I had dropped."
The girl gasped. "You are so lucky! I wish that had happened to me."
"Yeah, but I didn't recognize it was him until he walked away with the guards. He was on my plane too." The girl hunched up onto her knees like a little kid listening to a story, and I smiled. "I'm actually trying to find him and meet him. I ran away from home."
She gasped again. "I totally wish I was you."
"What's your name?" I asked, standing up and putting the magazine back into the rack.
"Lilia Rivera," she said.
"I'm Star. If I ever meet Gerard Way, I promise I'll try to get you an autograph."
"You'd really do that for me?"
"I might as well fulfill someone else's dreams while I'm at it. Come on."
I bought Lilia the magazine she had been holding and we exchanged cell phone numbers. As I walked out of the small store, smiling to myself, I remembered Gerard's face looking out at me from the magazine. I hoped I would be able to find him.

Gerard's POV
As the guard walked me away from the crowded airport terminals, I looked back at the girl I had handed the backpack to. She looked just like a fan with her skinny jeans and band t-shirt, but not one of those creepily obsessed ones. She was kinda pretty, in a seventeen-year old way.
Frank pushed my arm. "Hey, who are you looking at? That skinny girl you bumped into?"
I whirled around. "No," I lied, knowing I was a bad liar and that Frank knew too.
He laughed. "Yeah right. She's a fan, I saw her backpack. Scribbled all over-"
"Was there any "Future Mrs. Way"s or "I Heart Gerard"s?" I interrupted.
"No, just lyrics," Frank said. I sighed in relief. "What, do you like her?" Frank teased.
"No!" I said too quickly, then covering up, "Glad to find a fan that likes us for the music."
Frank snorted, and I knew he didn't believe me, but walked away to bother Ray. I could hear the loud sounds of "Frank, you don't need another Mountain Dew!" and Frank whining. I laughed, and thought about the girl. She was pretty. I hoped she was okay. She looked exhausted and about ready to collapse. I really hoped she was okay.
Sign up to rate and review this story