Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Lipgloss Through My Veins

Chapter Eleven

by missbatcountry 3 reviews

Scarlet discovers that she and Mikey have a little more in common then they first thought.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-05-15 - Updated: 2007-05-16 - 866 words

0Unrated
Chapter Eleven
"So where do you wanna go out to lunch Mr Mikey?" Scarlet asked stubbing out her second joint since she had arrived at the Way residence.

"I so can't be fucked. Do you wanna just order pizza?" A very red eyed Mikey replied lazily.

"I'm so glad you said that. I'm way too stoned to go out in public, I can get a little paranoid." Scarlet said pulling her knees to her chin, resting her bare feet on the soft cushioning of the couch.

Scarlet hated wearing shoes and back in Australia she hardly ever had to, but in Jersey it was way too cold to walk around bare foot so she took her shoes off at any opportunity she could.

"Me too." Mikey laughed.

"Ok, so you call the pizza place and get me a vegetarian, and you get whatever you want and I'll pay k." Scarlet said leaning over to the small wooden table next to the couch, picking up the cordless phone from it's base and passing it to Mikey.

"You sure?" Mikey asked dialling the number.

"Yeah yeah, no probs." Scarlet smiled.

Mikey placed the order and thanked the person on the other end of the line.

"Ok so it will be here in 30 minutes or less. Now, let's talk about you. Are you actually Vegetarian or do you just like Vegetarian pizza?" Mikey asked getting comfortable in his large arm chair to the left or Scarlet.

"Nah, I'm Vego. Have been since I was about 16." Scarlet replied pushing the hair out of her eyes.

"Is it like a health thing or an animal cruelty thing?"

"An animal cruelty thing. Back in high school I had this mate and we both really loved animals and one day we just decided to make a pact that we would never eat meat again. And I haven't, not too sure about him though, Ash and I lost contact with him years ago." Scarlet said dreamily thinking about all the fun times she had had as a teen with Asha and Frankie.

"So you don't eat any meat at all?" Mikey asked.

"Not any more. But when me and my friend first went Vego we still were eating fish. Back then we were in love with Nirvana and in that song "Something in the Way" there's a line that says "It's ok to eat fish, coz they don't have any feelings" or something like that. So we figured, if Kurt Cobain said it was ok to eat fish, then it was. That only lasted like a year though, after that we got clued up and realised that fish do have feelings and we couldn't bring ourselves to eat it anymore." Scarlet said, laughing at her juvenile stupidity.

Mikey didn't respond, but merely sat there with a strange look on his face. It was a while before he actually spoke up again.

"I swear to God, my friend Frank has told me that exact same story." Mikey said in total disbelief.

"What did you just say?" Scarlet said slowly.

"My friend Frank's a vegetarian and I swear that when I asked him about being a Vego, he told me that exact same story." Mikey managed to get out.

"Is his name Frank Iero?" Scarlet asked wearily.

"Uh, yeah." Mikey said, the strange look had now returned to his face.

"Oh my God. You know Frank Iero? He was like me and Ash's best friend in high school. I can't believe you know him!" Scarlet gushed all at once.

"Yeah, of course I know Frankie, he's in my band!" Mikey laughed.

"Wait, you're in a band?" Scarlet asked puzzled.

"Fuck yeah, me, Gerard, Ray, Frank and Bob!" Mikey stated.

Just then, Gerard wandered into the living room clearly in search of something. He avoided eye contact at all costs, and Scarlet just watched him and smiled.

"Hey Gerard, Scarlet went to school with Frankie, can you believe it? Small world huh?" Mikey said staring at his brother, who didn't lift his gaze but merely nodded.

"We should all go out. Like a reunion. I'm sure Ash would love to see little Iero." Scarlet said bouncing up and down in her seat with excitement.

"Well, I'm kinda busy this weekend, but what about next Saturday night?" Mikey suggested.

"Yeah, sounds great. But don't tell either of them bout this k? I want it to be a surprise" Scarlet said with a huge smile on her face.

Finally Gerard found the Smashing Pumpkins tape he was looking for and made his way to the hallway.

"You'll be there too, won't you Gerard?" Scarlet asked sweetly, studying his ever move. She remembered what it was like to be so shy that no one would even invite you out anywhere. It was important to Scarlet that Gerard came out. He clearly needed it.

"Uh," He began before being interrupted by his younger brother.

"Of course, he wouldn't miss it for the world, now would you big bro?" Mikey said.

Gerard just shook his head and trudged back down the hallway to his room.



Thanks soooooooooo much for ur reviews... they've been good and constructive and I heart you all xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story