Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'm the Kind of Human Wreckage That You Love

Tape Ten

by x_____ER 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-05-16 - Updated: 2007-05-17 - 937 words

0Unrated
"Why not?" asked Frank again upon turning the corner and leaning up against the door to the bathroom.

"Because." Rory walked off toward Ray and Gerard's room. "I think we've already gotten a little too physical a little too fast."

"Let's get physical, physical, yeah, yeah!" Frank sang.

"I'm not kidding." Rory sighed. "A little too fast. I know we like each other and he's been waiting for this, so have I, but it's all just a little too fast. And I think it may be my fault."

"Well, it's not like-" Frank was stopped abruptly as he fell onto the bathroom floor, narrowly missing Gerard as he pulled the door open. "Oh right, it's a backward door." Frank said, holding on to his ass.

"So Frank, how'd your date with Maddi go?" Gerard asked.

"Fine." Frank winced as he stood up. "Why do you ask?"

"Because you've got a hicky." Gerard laughed and pointed to his neck.

Frank's hand slapped up to his neck as he scrambled to get up and look in the mirror. "Well, what do you know? I do have one." He said, examining the small red mark.

Gerard shook his head and left the bathroom, stopping when he got to Rory at the end of the hall. He snaked his arms around her waist and grinned down at her, he leant down and kissed her. Rory smiled into the kiss and reached her hands under his arm and held onto his back.

All the while, Ray sat in the room him and Gerard shared, watching the hideous event take place right outside the open bedroom door. What does Gerard have that I don't? He thought. Everything. For one he's got Rory. Ray shook his head and tried to clear his mind, but it wasn't working. Ray didn't usually think Gerard was better than him, but with Rory he just couldn't see what he had that made him better. The truth was, that it was nothing. Gerard had nothing better than Ray in any way, but that just didn't seem to register in Ray's head. He still had the thought floating around inside his mind that they were still just kids, but they weren't.

Of coarse it's true that Ray hadn't seen Rory since they were kids, and that when Ray saw Rory it was like she was someone else. Ray just sat there; not wanting to look but yet couldn't find the strength to turn his head. Was it bad for him to wish Rory wasn't happy? He thought so, but didn't want to admit it.

Gerard sucked on Rory's neck as she giggled. He moved back up to her mouth and left a soft kiss on her lips before walking into the bedroom he and Ray shared and closed the door.

Ray turned his head abruptly as Gerard entered the room, pretending to pay attention to the magazine he picked up.

Gerard sighed, flopping down on the bed with a grin on his face. "I love her." He breathed.

It burned Ray's ears as he heard him say that, but it didn't burn his lips to talk back. "You mean you think you love her, right?"

"No. I actually love her." Gerard said. He sat upright and grinned at Ray. "I know it's only been what? Four days?"

"Two." Ray corrected, through clenched teeth.

"Whatever." Gerard said. "It was love at first sight."

Ray's emotions almost took over, but he held them back a little while longer. He could last until he left for the thing he had to do. (He didn't have a clue as to what just yet, but anything to get out of the house.) "Right." Ray said.

"See, I told you all she needed was the right guy. Too bad you didn't take her."

Ray didn't know why, but to him it just sounded like Gerard had just won something and was there to gloat. Like Rory was an item you could just win, like she wasn't even a person anymore, just some thing he could win-over and fuck whenever he wants too.

Ray stood up, flopped the magazine onto his bed and walked toward the bedroom door.

"Where're you going?" Gerard asked.

"For a walk." Ray replied, grabbing his cell phone from the dresser by the door and walking out and into the living room, where Rory and Maddi were having 'girl talk', most likely about her and Gerard.

Ray grabbed his coat from the coat rack and opened the door, walking into the morning air. He walked on the sidewalk to who knows where, he didn't feel like borrowing Rory's car, he thought he needed to walk. He walked down the street, watching people he wouldn't ever meet talk to other people and go into little businesses, holding onto their child's hand as they crossed the busy street. He walked down to a little park and sat down at a bench, the cold air nipping at his nose and mouth, not to mention his ears. His eyes started to swell up with tears as he realized the truth; nothing was the same anymore. Rory was grown up, he was grown up, and they no longer lived right next to each other or went to school. They didn't have the same classes, and didn't help each other with their chores. He pulled out his cell phone and did something he thought he'd never do...

Ring...

Ring...

Ri--"Hello?"

Ray chocked back tears so he could talk, but it still sounded like he was crying. "Mama, I've been crying 'cause things aren't how they used to be."
Sign up to rate and review this story