Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Beauty's Battle

Chapter 3: Dreaming Out Loud

by ewbankchristina 4 reviews

No summary, sorry. :(

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-05-17 - Updated: 2007-05-17 - 2841 words

0Unrated
3 Days Later
6:24 AM

She stared down at his sleeping body, slightly distracted from her original game plan of why she came in the room. His body was positioned in the oddest shape with the blankets wrapped up and around his legs, a corner of the sheet lying up his back. Archie's purple head was shoved under his two pillows; his muffled snorts still coming through the fabrics. Atlanta continued to smile down at his pale body when she remembered the melting ice cube in her palm.

Grinning, Atlanta lightly tossed back the corner of the sheet, exposing Archie's muscular back to her. A small puddle of water had already formed around the ice in her had. She tumbled the water and ice through her palms, allowing the ice to melt in her hands. As she felt the cold water begin to run through her fingers, she lowered the water onto the crease of Archie's back.

Quickly, she rubbed her frigid hands up and down his spine. Archie yelped under the pillows at the sudden coldness against his skin. Atlanta started to giggle silently as Archie's shoulders began to shake. His body began to roll over and shake as his yelping turned into cursing. His creased face turned under the pillows and glared up at Atlanta, a small trace of drool leaking out the corner of his mouth.

"What do you think you're doing?!" he yelled, rolling around awkwardly as the sheets got tangled up around his body more. Atlanta quickly threw her hand over his mouth, silencing his string of curses.

"Shut up! Were you planning to wake the whole house?" she whispered fiercely. He furrowed his brow in frustration as Atlanta released her grip and leaned back. Archie's eyes followed Atlanta as she scrimmaged around his room.

"What are you doing?" he asked, quietly, his voice still with a hint of anger.

"We are going for a morning run," she answered. Atlanta threw some clothes at Archie and began to leave the room. "Get changed, I'll be waiting outside." Archie groaned and stretched, yawning as he slowly rolled out of bed.

6:34 AM

"Why are we running so early?" Archie groaned, shielding his eyes from the blazing sunrise.

"Because running is good for you," Atlanta said as she raised her leg up and rested it on the fence, stretching. Archie yawned again and bent over, hearing his back crack as he reached for his toes.

"C'mon, stiff legs, let's go," she smiled as Archie stood up straight. Atlanta grabbed his hand and started jogging, Archie's groans following after her.

Atlanta immediately took the lead as she trotted down the sidewalk. Archie yelled something and chased after her, grabbing her hips gently and nuzzling his head into her neck. Atlanta laughed and sped up, breaking away from his playful grip. She turned around and began to run backwards, beckoning Archie forward with her finger. Atlanta saw Archie raise his eyebrows as she turned away from him and bolted down the sidewalk, heading for the park.

Atlanta quickly glanced down the street for upcoming cars; seeing none, she quickly danced across the street. When her feet touched the damp grass, she turned to look for Archie. When she saw Archie charging toward her with an evil smile on his face, Atlanta laughed and bolted into a dark patch of trees.

As the sun was rising, the light sent beams of colours through the trees and damp grasses. Atlanta quietly stepped through the trees, listening for Archie's footsteps. Silently, Atlanta pressed herself against a thick tree, her breathing beginning to slow down. A twig snapped a distance behind her. Atlanta breathed in silently and closed her eyes, waiting.

"Found you," Archie whispered against her lips as he suddenly pushed gently against her. A rush of adrenaline coursed through Atlanta's body as she secured her mouth to Archie's lips. Archie placed his hands on the bark behind Atlanta's head, closing the inched of distance between their bodies. Atlanta ran her hands up Archie's chest, even through his shirt, she could feel Archie's heartbeat quickening as she kissed him back fiercely.

Atlanta broke off from him suddenly, breathing heavily. Archie smiled and winked as he lowered his head to her neck, kissing her softly. She could feel his hot breath against her skin as he trailed down her collarbone softly.

"Well, that wasn't the workout I had in mind," Atlanta sighed into his hair as he laughed against her skin. She closed her eyes slowly as Archie trailed his mouth lightly up her neck, stopping on her chin.

"Frankly, I like this better than running," he smiled, watching Atlanta's pink lips curl up in a crooked smile.

"Of course you would," she whispered, suddenly opening her eyes and glancing down to stare at him. Archie smiled slightly as he gently placed his lips on Atlanta's mouth, kissing her slowly. Atlanta responded back, placing her hands squarely on his shoulders, pushing away from him slowly.

"Come on now, we've hardly been running," she smiled wickedly at Archie as he stared at her in confusion.

"Aww, come on. Just one more-," he began, staring at Atlanta sincerely and leaning in again. Quickly, Atlanta ripped away from his arms, retreating to the edge of the bracken, winking.

"Not until we've ran at least half a mile," she grinned, positioning herself to run.

"That's not fair!" Archie complained as he began to walk towards her, his hand outstretched. Atlanta laughed and sped out from the trees, hitting the sidewalk and speeding away.

Archie groaned and quickly followed after her, his hands just out of reach as she sped away from him. With Atlanta's quick feet, she stayed out of reach from Archie's hands as he reached for her hands and hips. Atlanta continuously teased him, stopping a great distance away and lounging on the park bench, watching Archie run towards her. As soon as Archie got in close proximity, Atlanta would quickly run off again, telling over her shoulder at him.

Atlanta's small form disappeared briefly over a small hill as Archie chased after her. Archie worked his way over the hill and glanced around for Atlanta's flaming hair. He spotted her hair across the street as she sat casually at a restaurant table, waving playfully at him as he jogged towards her.

"Breakfast?" she asked as he smiled down at her and slid into his chair, wiping a few beads of sweat off his forehead. Atlanta smiled at him and waved down the waitress, acknowledging their table.

"Can I start you off with something to drink?" she asked pleasantly, tucking a long strand of her blond hair behind her ear. She took out two menus and handed them to Archie and Atlanta.

"Umm...just water for me," Atlanta answered, opening the menu booklet.

"Coffee please," Archie mumbled as he kept his eyes on the breakfast menu.

"Ok, I'll be right back with that," she smiled, briskly walking away. Archie glanced after the waitress briefly before grunting in pain as Atlanta kicked his shin. He glared up at her angrily as she quickly looked down to her own menu, a grin on her face.

A couple minutes later, the waitress returned with a pad of paper and a pen in her hands. Archie and Atlanta ordered their food quickly and leaned forward to talk quietly.

Atlanta quickly glanced around the booths before turning back to Archie. "Do you know if Theresa's visions mean anything important?"

"I was gonna ask you the same thing," he said back, stirring his coffee slowly. "When was the last one?"

"About three days ago. She's relieved and worried, relieved for the time span, but also worried for something else to happen." Atlanta shook her head slowly. "I don't know what to think. It's all kind of confusing." Archie nodded in response, watching Atlanta sigh heavily, brining the cold water to her mouth. Archie slowly reached out to stroke her face, but she quickly pulled back, blushing, her eyes set on something behind them.

The waitress appeared beside their table, a large tray in her hands. Atlanta's rosy cheeks began to turn the normal colour as the waitress smiled down at her and laid the plates in front of them. She laid the plate of waffles in front of Archie and as she placed the plate of eggs and toast for Atlanta, she winked at her.

Atlanta smiled awkwardly up at her as she tucked the food tray under her arm. "Enjoy the meal," she smiled before turning around and walking away from their table. Archie immediately dove into his waffles, dousing them in maple syrup as he licked his lips.

7:48 AM

Atlanta giggled as Archie's fingers danced on her hips as she pushed against the Brownstone's front door. Archie smiled at her as he tickled her waist gently, earning a small shriek of laughter from her. Archie laughed at her reaction and nuzzled his head into her neck but pulled back when Atlanta went stiff.

"What?" he looked at her face worriedly as she nodded her head towards the living room. Archie perked his head up, listening. Atlanta broke from his grasp and walked hurriedly towards the soft sobs coming from inside the room. Archie quickly followed after her, turning into the living room to find Jay, Herry, Odie and Neil crowded around a crying Theresa, an open yearbook on the table.

"What? What happened?" Atlanta's worried voice shot out as she knelt down next to Theresa, rubbing her hand. Another stream of tears coursed down Theresa's face as she shook her head.

"She had another vision this morning," Jay said, turning to look at Archie and Atlanta sadly. "But...this time, she saw this girl from the school." He pointed dully to a picture of a beaming girl with should length brown hair, 'Chantal Paterson.'

"What..." Atlanta began, her face filled with confusion.

"Something horrible has happened, I just know it!" Theresa wailed. Jay glanced at her and pulled her into a tight hug, shushing her softly.

"We have to tell Hera," Odie's voice broke the silence suddenly. Jay nodded slowly and stood up, gently grabbing Theresa's arms and pulling her up, supporting her as he walked her to the stairs.

Atlanta breathed heavily as she realized that she was holding her breath in. Archie placed his hand lightly on her shoulder before straightening up and walking quickly towards his bedroom, his shoulders rigid.

"Come on, we should get ready for school," Atlanta mumbled, glancing up at Herry, Odie and Neil who all nodded back to her.

8:13 AM

An uneasy feeling crept it's way individually through each member as they steadily walked to Hera's office. Jay was in the lead, his hand holing Theresa's tightly as he knocked on her door. Without waiting for the Goddess' answer, Jay pushed the door open, leading the rest of them in.

Hera's steel gaze met their sad faces immediately. "What's happened?" She could tell already that something was not right, just by their expressions.

Jay glanced at Theresa weary face for approval. She closed her eyes and nodded, letting her head fall to her chest. After her approval, Jay quickly explained her visions and the relations with the girls from their school.

Hera's expression stayed hard after Jay stopped talking. She took a deep breath and turned her back to them. "Go to your classes," her voice was sad but still strong.

Jay's expression went to confusion. "What -?"

"Just go to class, you'll get an explanation soon enough," Hera's shoulders straightened as her voice got louder. With a raise of her hand, the team was dismissed from her presence.

"That was weird..." Neil's voice echoed through the God's foyer. Hera's door shut momentarily behind them.

"There something she's not telling us," Odie's brow furrowed as he trailed behind Archie and Atlanta.

"I just don't understand how we could not get an answer from her. Or even a guess!" Jay angrily opened the custodians' closet and stormed into the hallway. Students were already streaming through the halls, socializing with their friends before the first bell rang.

"Will all students please report to the auditorium for an urgent assembly," a crackly voice came out of the intercom, echoing through the hall. A wave of whispers came from the students as they directed themselves to the auditorium.

The seven looked at each other with worried glanced. Soon, there bodies were caught among the current of students as they moved to the auditorium.

"I don't like this. I'm getting bad vibes from Hera," Theresa whispered to Jay as she tightened her hand around his. The seven sat in the chairs all lined through the large room. Hera was now dressed in a black business suit as she whispered frantically to a modern-dressed Artemis. They all watched her step up towards the podium as silence slowly reached each of the students.

"Students, I'm sorry to say that we have lost one of our own. I'm sad to say that...Chantal Paterson has passed away earlier this week," Hera's voice was sincere as some students gasped. What must have been Chantal's group of friends burst into tears. One girl stood up and ran out of the room, her hands hiding the tears streaming down her face. "Now, many counselors will be available for any students feeling they need it. But, the most important thing right now is to support Chantal's family and you peers." Hera's eyes drifted to the heroes, her gaze stopping on Theresa for an instant.

"So, in the sudden events, all students are dismissed for the rest of the day. I hope to see all of you tomorrow, take care all of you," Hera nodded and backed away from the podium. Most of the school slowly stood up, still in shock from the news.

"Oh God," Atlanta's eyes began to brim over with tears. "She was in my history class." She buried her head into Archie's shoulder as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Theresa?" Jay held her hands in concern from the look on her face. Tears were running down from her closed eyes as she shook her head. She took a shaky breath and stood up, taking her hands from Jay's.

"I saw her die," she whispered, taking a small step away from the seven.

"You don't know that, Terri'," Herry glanced up at her. He had his head in his hands, his face full of emotion.

"Theresa, come on, don't blame yourself. It's not your fault," Jay began to stand up when she took two more steps back.

"I just need to be alone right now, that's all," she shook her head again and turned around. She walked quickly down the row of chairs and disappeared into the hall.

9:28 AM

Archie, Herry, Jay, Neil and Odie stood outside the girls' washroom, waiting for Atlanta and Theresa to come out. They looked up anxiously to see Atlanta pop her head out the door.

"Is she coming out?" Jay pushed himself off the wall, trying to look over Atlanta's head.

"You guys go ahead. I'll take her home; she's in a real rough patch right now." She glanced over her shoulder briefly.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Archie asked, ignoring the snickers coming from Herry and Neil.

Atlanta smiled. "We'll be fine, Archie, I'll call you if we need to," she looked at Archie's uncomfortable stance as he shuffled closer to her. He coughed awkwardly as he leaned forwards to peck Atlanta quickly on the cheek.

"Well, see you guys later," Atlanta laughed as they turned down the hall. Herry playfully pushed Archie, making loud kissing noises at him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay.......I'm glad and sort of sad that this is up. I'm glad because I FINALLY updated in forever. But the sad part....this chapter was very hard for me to write for many specific reasons. I'm very sorry to say that my school suffered a devestating death. A student in Grade 12 died suddenly on Mother's Day, he was only 18. It's been a very hard week for everyone at my school, and it made me even more sad when I had to write that part into the story. We all found out on monday about Garett's death, and that night when I picked up the pen again, I realized what part I was at. And I broke down again. I didn't know Garett personally, but he was a great athlete, and everyone in the school practically knew him. It was just really hard for me to continue writing, but I toughened up and kept writing, knowing that you guys needed something new to read from this.
I don't know when the next chapter will be coming out, but I'll try hard.
R.I.P.
Garett Lee Sidor
1989 to 2007
If you would like to see his obituary, follow the link: http://www.passagesmb.com/obituary_details.cfm?ObitID=120341
Hope you all have a great may long weekend, and I'm sorry if I dampened your spirit for the time being.

Christina
Sign up to rate and review this story