Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Boy Who Died

When It All Went Wrong

by sapph 1 review

12 years after the 'Dark War' Harry Potter has finally reappeared in the magical world, at Hogwarts, after giving a morale boosting talk to the students and teachers disaster occurs. Lord Ragnarius...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst - Characters: Arthur Weasley, Bellatrix, Bill Weasley, Dobby, Draco, Fleur, Fred, George, Ginny, Hagrid, Harry, Hermione, Luna, Molly Weasley, Moody, Narcissa, Neville, Pansy, Petunia Dursley, Professor McGonagall, Ron, Snape, Tonks, Vernon Dursley, Voldemort - Warnings: [!!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2007-05-15 - Updated: 2007-05-15 - 1945 words

-1Boring
The Boy Who Died

Prologue: When it All Went Wrong

Daily Prophet

/BOY WHO DIED/


Twelve years after "He" defeated the Dark Lord a shocking incident has occurred. Harry Potter, The-Boy-Who-Lived, The Chosen-One, The-Man-Who-Defeated-The-Dark-Lord, was found dead in his apartment today.
A shock has ran through the wizarding community today as news breaks out that Harry Potter, "Defeater of the Dark Lord", "Chosen One" etc etc. has died. When ministry officials visited Potter's accommodation this morning on official business, they found the quite peaceful, if not shocked, scene of Harry's body. No wounds were found or even any marks of struggle reported a senior examiner at St. Mungo's hospital for the sick and needy who had examined Mr. Potter's body. A source close to the victim, Luna Lovegood, seemed to be shaken by the news but agreed to give us an interview.

"Harry was a great man and the world will sorely miss him. What I find strange is that he was killed two days after he gave a speech to Hogwarts. This could easily be Lord Ragnarius trying to lower the morale that was given by the first public speech Harry has made in years."

So is this the work of the Dark Lord Ragnarius? Or is there some other force at work?

Written and Edited by Rita Skeeter

Interviews by Rita Skeeter

Recent Murders By Lord Ragnarius (p.10)
Where will he strike next? (p.11)
The Life History of The Boy Who Lived (p.12)




It 12 years since 'The Second Dark War' had ended, there were few stars in the sky and in the distance he could just see it, his home, well, the spot where his home had been. Hogwarts had been destroyed by Voldemort soon after Dumbledore fell, but Voldemort wasn't able to destroy the aged man's tomb. Harry headed towards the rebuilt castle.

The headmaster of Hogwarts had requested a speech to raise morale in the school, because, after twelve years of peace it seemed a new 'Dark Lord' was rising. It was one who called himself Lord Ragnarius. The headmaster and the rest of the staff were foreign wizards he'd never heard of. Minerva McGonagall was the only surviving ex-member of the Hogwarts staff but when asked if she wished to return to the position of Headmistress she had refused by saying that she wished to have a nice, quiet retirement. No prophecy had been made this time, but Harry was sure it would happen, just like Dumbledore had been prophesised to defeat Grindewald and just like Harry had been Voldemort's prophesised downfall.

Harry was 29 now but he acted more like he was 70, he supposed that he should, all but one of his companions had been brutally murdered by that bastard who thought himself a lord.

Even his girlfriend didn't make it, in the final battle Voldemort had took her hostage and killed her right in front of him, he felt his eyes moisten and felt tears flow down his cheeks, he thought of the look in her eyes as she'd been killed, it had been determined and adamant, she had known it would happen, she had known she would die but she went proudly to her downfall anyway. He felt the carriage stop at that point and stepped outside; as he walked through towards the new castle he felt his eyes moisten and threw a punch at the brick wall. His fists bled as he stood, fist still clenched and hand still touching the wall, he knew he was loosing it but made no attempt to stop it. He wished he could see her again he wished he could see any of them again. Only Luna knew how he felt, she had lost many too, she had her father though, Neville, her husband had to be killed by Voldemort himself after a massive 100 Death Eaters were murdered by Neville alone.

Harry tried to calm himself but then an image of her flashed into his mind, her usually sleek and straight blonde hair now tangled and matted with blood. Her face was smeared with it also, but it wasn't that that made him cry, it was how she had seemed resigned to her fate and hadn't even tried to fight back.

All those thoughts fled from his mind as he felt a hand touch his shoulder, within the space of a second the second year was pressed against the wall with a wand to their throat. He saw the fear in the young boy's eyes and unconsciously tapped into his that fear filled brain. Harry felt himself learning the Hufflepuff boy's secrets and ambitions. Immediately he let go of him and he fell to the ground, but the boy was quickly up again and dusting off his robes. "Th...the headmaster was wondering what was keeping you and sent me to find you," It took Harry a moment to work out what the boy said but when he did he nodded politely to the boy and sent him on his way. Harry quickly changed his appearance to look more presentable and walked to the headmaster's office.

"Magnae," he said and the gargoyles sprung aside, Harry smiled, they'd designed the castle so it was exactly like the old one, and it seemed that the area had been only too eager to help, for it was the exact same as the original, even the room of requirement and the charmed roof of the great hall were the same.

Harry stepped inside and saw a young man, younger than he expected anyways, eyeing him critically. This man was tall, at least 6" 3, and there were no wrinkles in his face, he had long black hair which was styled to look similar to that of Sephiroth. He had sapphire blue eyes that seemed to hold you there and look into your very soul.

After a few minutes of both men studying each other intently, the headmaster stuck out a hand and said "Aeron Wade, it is truly a pleasure to meet you at last Mr. Potter."

Harry nodded politely and responded by saying "As it is for me to meet you."

Aeron grinned happily and was almost bouncing as he led him t the great hall, Harry never really paid any attention to the man who wasn't a day over 27.

As they arrived at the Great Hall midway through supper an excited chatter erupted as the pupils saw who accompanied the head.

Harry walked toward the front of the room, his face devoid of any emotion, he stood there, everyone gazing at him and waiting for him to do or say something.

"I'm afraid I haven't came here on the best of terms, your headmaster has wished for me to come and tell you that you must take your schoolwork seriously, another battle, another war will soon be upon us and something you learn here could easily save your life," when a seventh year Slytherin snorted Harry's eyes bored into the teenagers.

"Don't believe me? I have two ways to prove it to you, I could challenge you to a duel," at this the young man's expression changed to one of horror and his face became, if possible even paler, "or I could tell you that I was only able to kill Lord Voldemort by disarming him and then using a spell you should ALL know very well." Harry looked at the boy and smirked, it seemed that no one would object to what he said now.

"As I was saying, something you learn here could save you life, but that doesn't mean you should just focus on work, in the next few years anything could happen and you should have fun while you can." He smiled slightly as he said this, remembering how she forced him to have fun at least once a day. He remembered grumbling about it afterward, but he missed it now, tears were threatening to fall again, but he couldn't, not here, not now.

Many faces looked at him eagerly, he sighed as he continued "There is a chance that many of you will die under this Dark Lord's reign unless it is put to a stop before it begins. I will give you the only advice I can, hold onto those that you love and never let them go, I did, if only for a second, and now I force myself to wake up every morning, there are times where I consider suicide because of the death toll." A few girls from multiple houses gasped at this, they found it hard to imagine that their hero and long-time crush could even consider such a thing.

Harry continued on, not even seeming to notice a lot of the hall's shock. "In the final battle I channelled all of my love for everyone I held dear to me, everyone that bastard, excuse the language headmaster, had killed. I channelled it into one curse, the deadliest curse I could think of, the killing curse. I expected the spell to be green like usual but it seemed that the spell colour depended on the emotion that triggered the spell. In this case love made the spell a pale pink, and when it struck he fell over and died."

Many people seemed surprised at the idea that love killed what was considered to be the darkest wizard ever known, darker than Grindewald and Ragnarius combined.

The Headmaster however smirked and then stood up and clapped, for a moment he was the only one who did so, then his applause was followed by the rest of the staff then the students reluctantly joined in.

Harry smiled and bowed, he nodded to the Headmaster for the last time and knew that it was time to take his leave.



Two Days Later

Harry sunk down on the couch, cola in hand and turned on the television. He turned on the news and sighed, it was raining tomorrow. He watched as the newsreader reported several murders by a 'group of terrorists' and the people were at a loss as to how they did, as the wounds on them were shallow and shouldn't have even made them unconscious. There was also no poison found in their bloodstream. Ragnarius had struck again. He took a sip of the drink and leaned back in his chair.

He closed his eyes for a brief moment, but that moment was all it took, Harry felt the feeling of wood against his neck and opened his eyes. A figure, all black except from some sapphire eyes hidden under a hooded cloak stood before him, a twisted grin set on his face. "So you killed my predecessor with love, eh? Well we can't have you doing that again...Negus Lacortumus" Even before the spell left the wand stuck in his neck Harry realised what was about to happen. The deadly curse would rip his heart to pieces.

The spell hit, Harry's eyes widened as his assassin let his hood fall back, long black hair? Sapphire blue eyes? Before him stood a familiar figure...but whom? Lord Ragnarius for certain, but who else? Before Harry could process the information he felt a blast of pain course through his body and his vision blurred, eventually all went black...



Authors Note:

There was a plot bunny dancing around in my head dying to be written, it's only my second fanfic but it's already started off much better than the first. I got my first beta the amazing S-Author who I've known for ages. Reviews and even flames are appreciated and I look forward to reading you're views on the prologue.

Thanks for reading and tune in next time,

Sapph

Sign up to rate and review this story