Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Boy Who Died

Nitwit! Blubber! Oddement! Tweak!

by sapph 0 reviews

Harry Potter's eyes open once more, but how? AUish

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst - Characters: Ginny, Hagrid, Harry, Hermione, Luna, Ron, Other - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2007-05-22 - Updated: 2007-05-22 - 1762 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer:

I don't own Harry Potter or any of the content of the books, I don't own the characters either, if I did I wouldn't be writing a fan fiction, I'd be doing the real thing.

Chapter 1: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

After what seemed like no time at all Harry opened his eyes, for a moment he simply started around the room, revelling at the fact that he was once more alive, he could even remember the startlingly familiar features that had cast the deadly curse. As Harry looked around the Gryffindor dormitory he tried to remember how he was sent back, back to here of all places. He stayed true to his words after sixth year because he never did willingly return to the school as a student. So that meant that he was at the end of his sixth year and then as he looked around he realised something. Several people were also still asleep their eyes glittering with unshed tears. Many of them were muttering things and from a rather bad attempt at reading their lips Harry found that this was most likely just after Dumbledore died.

Inwardly Harry was dreading the funeral; it was something he'd hoped never to experience again, but already, after being thrust many years back into the past he was already facing one.

Harry still felt guilty about Dumbledore's death, when his friend's had been alive they'd told him it was a natural feeling since he was there, but they also reminded him that if he's shown himself he'd most likely have destroyed the wizarding worlds only chance of resistance, himself.

After that Harry hadn't been quite as bad but the guilt lingered still, and now it had surfaced. Harry still hadn't completely mastered occlumency, this time, however, he at least had a better grasp on it.

Harry lay there, still wondering about the mystery of his return to the past and over the identity of his killer. When a groggy Ron walked over and told Harry to wake up, Harry reacted with a start and quickly had a wand pointed at his best friend's throat. Ron grinned and held his hands up in surrender, "Hey, it's just me, the funeral starts in an hour and I thought you might wanna consider getting up." Harry threw an appreciative smile in Ron's direction before opening his trunk and digging around for some dress robes.



Harry remembered this funeral from the first time, he sat next to Ginny (who he quickly realised with a start was still his girlfriend in this time) and watched as Hagrid placed the former headmaster into the tomb and then ran back to Grawp, sobbing the whole time. Harry paid more attention to the people who spoke about Dumbledore, most were high ranking ministry officials and members of the Wizengamot.

Harry listened attentively, he listened to them as they sang praises to him, things like "One of the greatest wizards to grace Britain," and "Powers to rival Merlin himself," were repeated constantly, and Harry remembered rather fondly the words Dumbledore had said back at the Great Hall during the Start of Term Banquet. On an impulse Harry walked up to the front when the supposed 'last' speaker was finished. He stood in front of his headmaster's final resting place and finally spoke. " All of the things you said about Professor Dumbledore may have been true, he was one of the best wizards to grace Britain and may have had powers to make Merlin gawk, but he was also a genius, and these are the words I shall remember him by: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!" Some people grinned at him and others looked slightly put out and confused. Harry looked around the crowd looking for Her. Emerald eyes locked with violet and Harry grinned slightly, and then returned to his seat.

Ginny looked at him for a moment before speaking to him "Harry, I know how hard that must have been for you and I'm so proud," Harry felt her lips brush against his and immediately stiffened, he felt like he was cheating on Her.

She pulled back and looked at him with questioning eyes, but at that moment the creatures of the lake and forest both decided to pay the deceased headmaster a tribute. Centaurs stepped out of the shade the forest created and raised their bows in tribute, after a few minutes of private mourning they loosed their arrows and they landed in a perfect circle around the tomb. Then Harry heard something, it sounded vaguely familiar, then with a flash of violent red flames a phoenix arrived in front of the tomb and let two tears hit the surface, Harry noticed with a start that what he had heard was a phoenix' song, spectators watched in awe as the two tears transformed the tomb, for a moment it seemed as though it was made out of water, then a ripple ran over it and it once again returned to stone, but it wasn't the same stone, Fawkes had gave the headmaster a tribute no-one else could have, a diamond tomb.

With one last mournful note Fawkes once again disapeared with a burst of red flames. Many people were simply staring at the spot the phoenix had been only moments before at the back of the crowd a man who looked startlingly similar to Dumbledore nodded and smiled a watery grin.

Strange Harry thought, he didn't remember that happening the first time 'round, he forced himself o concentrate as the merepeople gave their own tribute, their song could never rival that of a phoenix but it was touching nonetheless. After the funeral the Minister of Magic approached Harry, "Hello Harry! I was wondering if I might have a word." Harry made a move to stand up but stopped when Ginny tugged at his sleeve. This time it was his turn to throw a questioning look at her. When she said nothing he lifted her hand off of his sleeve and followed the minister toward the lake.

"Now Harry, I know we never got off to the best of starts during Christmas, but I was wondering if you would reconsider my offer?"

"No," Harry replied flatly. His tone suggested that the man should back off, he flinched for a moment before trying again.

"Harry, Dumbledore was a great man and an equally great wizard, I was appalled when I heard of his death and how it was caused, but I guess it's as the saying goes, 'A man's greatest trait is often their downfall."

Now Harry was beginning to loose his patience, honestly, who did this man think he was? Well of course he was the British minister, but, in Harry's eyes position meant nothing.

Dufus, as Harry had taken to calling him the first time 'round, continued on, unperturbed. " Harry, although many people refuse to believe it, the ministry is not stupid, and we can easily put two and two together, you and Dumbledore were doing something the night he died, what you were doing could prove to be vital information to the ministry, so will you tell us that at least?"

Harry's face was an emotionless mask, but inside he was seething, how DARE he even consider aksing Harry that? Harry took several moments to clear his mind before replying and that same flat tone, "No."

" Loyalty such as yours is admirable of course, but the man is dead! He's gone! And the sooner you come to terms with this the better it will be for us all!"

With a small smirk Harry replied with yet another line from his deceased mentor, "He will only be gone from the school when none there remain loyal to him."

Any onlookers would have seen a red faced Rufus Scrimgeour limping away from an equally red faced Harry Potter.

Harry gazed at the lake for sometime after that before he felt a hand briefly touch his shoulder in a tentative manner.

Harry turned around and saw his ex, no he corrected himself his soon to be ex girlfriend. "Ginny....." Before he could even utter another word she had pounced on him and proceeded to play a game of tongue wrestling.

When she pulled back Harry felt guilt rush through his veins as he thought of her, she was still alive at this moment, in fact if he went to Hogsmeade station at that moment he'd find her boarding the express. Ginny grinned at him for a moment before whispering in his ear in a seductive manner "You were saying?" Harry fought his hormones and pushed her off of him.

"Ginny I can't go out with you anymore," he said this in a resigned manner, as though he very much expected to be chased by bat shaped bogeys any second now. He was surprised however when she said something else.

"Why?" Her voice was cracking and she looked slightly hysterical.

"Ginny, look this has been fun and all, and while I've been with you, it's took my mind off of the war, but there's nothing between us, it's as simple as that." For a moment he was afraid she would slap him, but instead her eyes watered and she turned around and ran all the way back to Hogsmeade.

Harry knew that Ron and Hermione were coming and knew that this was the first ting he'd have to change, instead of bringing them with him; Harry was going to push them away.



Harry Potter sat alone in a compartment on the Hogwarts Express, this was the last time he'd make this journey and he felt slightly sad that he'd be making it alone. Ginny had came in earlier and tried to talk to him, in the end all it had resulted in was a hand mark that was visible on Harry's cheek.

He was staring out of the window, he felt a strange longing for someone to feel the same as him, to know what it was like in the future, it was at that moment his compartment door slid open, Luna Lovegood walked in.

"Hello Harry, Ragnarius get you too?"



Authors Notes:

This chapter was pretty much a combination of HBP with a tiny bit of my own works. I'm really sorry but next chapter will be back yo my own work. Next chapter may also be the most cluttered I've ever written due to the combination of two plot lines(long story cut short.

As always read and review I don't mind flames or constructive criticism!

Tune in next time,

Sapph
Sign up to rate and review this story