Categories > Books > Chronicles of Narnia > cycles of the moon

the old chant

by gecko 0 reviews

a new guard...cool. not much more i can say. no good at summaries.

Category: Chronicles of Narnia - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Published: 2007-05-24 - Updated: 2007-05-24 - 395 words

0MarySue

Disclaimer: see previous chapter. Same as before, please don't sue me.

Chapter two: The old Chant

Her eyes where blurry. Eliza Moon stared at the ceiling and hoped she wasn't crying. No one saw her cry in earlier years why should she let them now? Bringing the world back into focus she realized that she wasn't at home, she wasn't wearing her own clothes, and that definitely wasn't her brother sitting beside her. She had no brother she remembered. He was dead, killed defending her from there father. Her eyes started to water at the memory. A soft but decidedly masculine voice punctured her silent watch of the room.
"How are you? Are you hungry? Cold? Do you need anything?" Eliza looked at the stranger sitting beside her, he looked familiar but she couldn't quite place it.
"I'm alright," she said flashing the mysterious man a smile laced with the pain of moving "No worries." he saw her trying to get up and lay his hand on her shoulder.
"Not yet." he said Eliza looked at him from her stuck position on the bed
"Why not?" she asked loftily "it's not like you're the high king-" then it clicked this man was High King Peter! The one she had tried to save the night before. The one who she had fainted in front of and almost insulted.
"Lords above! Your Majesty, I am SO sorry! I had no idea! Please forgive me!"
"No harm done. You didn't know."
"Doesn't make it right." She pointed out dryly.
"Point." Peter said smiling. She looked at the ceiling again.
"You can leave Highness, I promise not to get into trouble"
He did so only after extracting promises to stay in bed; still staring at the ceiling she murmured an old chant her brother had taught her days before he died
"Briars, moss, and wilting flowers
Darkness seeping clear
Shaping molding tree bourn life
Shifting ever near

Come fire, wind, and hell to call
The great white king to come
O'er ancient hill and forgotten keep
Following the beating drum

We march for king and country
This to protect our land
Farmer's sons one and all
Each loyal to the master hand" her voice trailed off and Eliza Moon did something she almost never did. She rolled on her un-injured side, called her brothers name, and started to cry.
Sign up to rate and review this story