Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Romeo and Juliet

Act 2, Scene 4

by horsie890 0 reviews

Act 2, Scene 4

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover, Drama, Humor - Characters: Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Other - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2007-05-27 - Updated: 2007-05-28 - 1051 words

0Unrated
Gerard could sense Mike's frustration as they walked down the street. It seemed to be radiating from him, judging by the angry glare that had settled onto his face. His eyes were locked onto the sidewalk in front of him.

"Where is he?" he asked through gritted teeth. "He never went home, did he?"

"No, he didn't," Gerard sad with concern.

"That cold-hearted girl, Rosaline...she's driving him insane!" Mike practically shouted.

"You know Jade?" Gerard asked, trying to change the subject. Mike nodded. "He called this morning."

"Challenging Mikey to something, I'm sure," Mike said bitterly. "And he hasn't even done anything."

"He'll answer it," Gerard said with certainty.

"Anyone who can talk will answer a phone call, Gerard," Mike said as if it were obvious. Gerard shook his head.

"That's not what I meant, and you know it. I mean he'll answer to Jade. And he'll probably get killed for it.

"He's already dead," said Mike, becoming sad for a moment. "Rosaline has stabbed him through the heart. He's in no shape to face Jade."

"Why, what's so special about Jade?" Gerard asked, trying to see what Mike's response would be. Mike's eyes lit up.

"More than some kind of fancy jewelry, that's for sure. He's known for his precision, his perfect timing," said Mike, dancing in strange circles around Gerard, who smirked and rolled his eyes at the other teen's antics. "He's a true gentleman, a fighter, yet consumed with his own appearance...and he'll rip your face off." Gerard laughed, then realized his brother was approaching.

"Mikey! You're alive!"

"Hey guys," he said with a lighter tone to his voice. He frowned ever so slightly. "What's wrong with Mike?"

"Oh, nothing, we've only been looking for you for hours."

"Hey, it wasn't my fault," Mikey said defensively. "I have a reason."

"Oh, really?" Mike asked skeptically. "Gerard, this would be your cue to step in before I kill your brother."

"You need some better comebacks, Mike," said Mikey with a smirk. They exchanged insults and jokes a few more times before Mike had to stop. He was laughing too hard.

"I think I've won this time, Mike."

"See? Isn't this so much better than being miserable over love? You're happy now, Mikey, you're social again. You're not a loner emo kid anymore!"

"Stop it, Mike," Gerard said, glaring at him. Mike merely smiled.

"Look who's here," said Mikey. Gerard and Mike looked in the direction he indicated.

"Hayley and Smith..." Gerard muttered to himself. They watched as Smith stole Hayley's sunglasses, holding them above her head so she couldn't reach them.

"Smith!" she cried.

"What?" he asked innocently.

"Give those back! They're designer!" Hayley jumped, but Smith was taller than her.

"Please give them back to her, Smith," Mike mockingly told his friends, "to hide her face, because they look nicer than she does." Gerard and Mikey struggled not to break into fits of laughter. It only worsened as they approached.

"Hello," Hayley said sourly, looking Mike directly in the eye.

"Good morning, Hayley!" he said as sweetly as he could.

"What's so good about it?" she asked through gritted teeth. She had heard every word he said.

"Well, it couldn't possibly be bad."

"Get out of here," she said venomously. "What are you even doing here?"

"I'm here so you can insult me," Mike said almost sadly. Hayley rolled her eyes.

"Whatever. Do any of you know the Way brothers? I'm looking for the younger one. Mikey. And I'm pretty sure it's not you," she added, glowering at Mike.

"Well, now it is a brighter day, for I know of the brothers Way," he said quickly. Gerard and Mikey could contain their laughter no longer. Hayley was now confused. Smith had been confused from the very beginning.

"I can tell you, but young Mikey will be older when you find him than he was when you first began looking for him. I am the youngest of the Way family," said Mikey.

"If it really is you, I need to tell you something," said Hayley, eyeing the other two warily. "In private."

"What, you asking him out or something?" asked Gerard, watching Smith's face for some kind of reaction. He saw none. Mike chose that moment to break into a song about rabbits.

"I think we should leave now," said Gerard, dragging Mike by the hood of his jacket. He stopped after a few feet. "You coming, Mikey?"

"Later," he said. Gerard nodded, and continued dragging Mike down the sidewalk.

"Hayley, Hayley, Hayley," sang Mike. Hayley rolled her eyes.

"Who was that?" she asked Mikey.

"An idiot who enjoys the sound of his own voice. He will say more in a minute than most can stand to hear in a month."

"I can't believe he spoke to me that way. I will not be used for his stupid games." Smith snaked an arm around her waist and pulled her close.

"He wasn't doing anything, Hayley. If he had, I would've done something." Hayley smiled at him, then looked back at Mikey.

"My little sister told me to come find you, but I won't tell you why." Her face suddenly darkened. "I'm warning you, if you do anything to hurt her, anything at all, you'll pay for it." Mikey swallowed nervously, thinking of Jade and his fiery temper.

"I would never-" he began. Hayley interrupted him.

"Good, I'll tell her. She'll be happy."

"Tell her what?" Mikey asked in confusion.

"That you agreed," she said simply.

"Could you ask her to meet me at Matt's house later today? Tell anyone who asks that...I don't know...she went to get a cupcake or something." Hayley laughed and agreed. "Here, take this," said Mikey, offering her money. "I'm really sorry about Mike - my idiot friend, I mean." Hayley shook her head.

"Later today? She'll be there." She thought for a moment before continuing. "You should probably know that there's someone else that wants to go out with her. Tré Cool. She dislikes him, as do I. Sometimes I make her mad by telling her he's better for her, but when I do she goes pale." Mikey smiled softly.

"Tell her I love her," he said as Hayley began walking away.

"Of course. Smith?"

"Yeah?"

"Give me my sunglasses back."
Sign up to rate and review this story