Categories > Original > Horror > Amok

Chapter one

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

A woman is drawn into a horrfic plot to take over the world, after she hits a man with her car.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-05-27 - Updated: 2007-05-27 - 893 words

1Original
The man ran through the crowd in terror, looking behind him every once in awhile. They were after him. He knew too much. He ran out in the street in front of a blue. SUV, it hit him sending him flying into the street. Screams erupted from the crowd as the woman got out of the SUV kneeling beside him.

Phyllis knelt beside the man she had accidentally hit, "hang on," she said "help's coming." The man lifted a bloody hand, "please listen," he gasped, "their taking over, you must stop them."
Phyllis shook her head confused, "who is?"
"The Amok's" he gasped, he handed her a small packet as blood bubbled up out of his mouth, than his hand fell back onto the sidewalk as he stared straight ahead with sightless eyes.
As a crowd gathered, two men lingered near the edge. One of them talked quietly in a cell phone, "the interloper is dead, but we know where the information is that he stole," they slipped away from the crowd as sirens sounded in the distance.

Phyllis walked into the house. Still, in shock, the police had questioned her about what had happened, it had been declared an accident. She sat down in a chair reliving the last words of the man. They troubled her, something had terrified that man enough that he had run out into heavy traffic. She looked up as the front door opened and her husband, Duncan rushed inside, "are you ok?" He asked as he hugged her, "I came as soon as I could."
Phyllis nodded with tears in her eyes, "I accidentally killed a man," she said "he dashed out in front of my car, I couldn't stop." Duncan gathered her in his arms, and she buried her head into his chest. Finally she pushed away, "Pete's bus will be here soon," she said "I have to go walk him home."

She walked down the street to the corner, where Pete's bus let him off, she could see him patiently waiting for her. Suddenly a white van came screeching around the corner, she started to run screaming Pete's name as a man jumped out grabbing Pete and forcing him in the van.
She chased after the van as it roared down the street until it was out of sight. She turned, running back to the house, she had to call the police. She began to run as she saw the open front door, she screamed Duncan's name as she ran into the house. Duncan's body laid in the front hallway a note pinned to his chest. Hands shaking, she reached down and took the note off his chest, "in order to insure your cooperation we have your son." It said, "you will bring us the information we seek or your son dies like his father."

A noise at the front door, caused her to turn, an older man stood there regarding her with sad eyes. "Who are you?" She asked backing away, he put his hands out in a peace gesture, "do not be afraid," he said "I am here to help you get back your son."
Phyllis looked at him with suspicious eyes, "how do you know about my son?"
The man gestured toward the front door, "first we must get out of here," he said "we could be being watched even now, this is no longer a safe haven for you."
Reluctantly she followed him out to a red car. A man and a woman stood by the car holding pellet guns. The man and Phyllis got in the back and the car drove off.

They arrived at an old abandoned airplane hangar outside of town. Phyllis and the man walked into a room in the back. After the door was shut, the man turned to Phyllis, "my name is Pitin," he said "I am one of the leaders of a resistance against a horrible scourge that is slowly taking over the world." He leaned forward slightly, "I'm sure you've heard of the Amok."
Phyllis looked up startled, "yes," she said "that was the name the man who ran out in front of my car said before he died."
Pitin nodded sadly, "that was Marcus, our informant, he was betrayed by one of our own." He looked out the window, than turned and faced Phyllis. "The Amoks are a vicious race of aliens who have come to take over the earth. There are only a few who know about them, they are shape shifters who have taken over the identities of top government official, including the president. The reason you are being hunted is because Marcus gave you information, the same information that killed him. Phyllis pulled out the blood-stained packet out of her pocket, "this is what he died for?" Pitin nodded, "this is the secret plan for the takeover of every government in the world. We must stop it, if these creature's takeover the world, the human race will become extinct."
"I want my son back," Phyllis said, "I want to avenge my husband's death. I want to be in on whatever you plan, I want these bastards to know that they can't take over our world." Pitin smiled, "now that we know what their planning we can stop it. We'll show those aliens that they messed with the wrong planet."
Sign up to rate and review this story