Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Friends and Enemies

Chapter 5- Pete's Birthday- June 5

by rejected_smurf_god 6 reviews

Pete's birthday and Kendra tells all.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-05-29 - Updated: 2007-05-29 - 1206 words

0Unrated
I rode the bus home curled up in a ball. I watche dthe trees whiz by waving in the wind and I tried to clear my head of everything Chris related. Think about Pete's birthday.

Joe had mailed me a letter that told me Pete missed me so much that Stacy had strted to think he was cheating on her. Then Joe told me that I shouldn't tell Pete I was coming. In fact, Joe told me he was going to tell Pete I wasn't coming at all. A little harsh but whatever. He told me no presents. I was enough.

So I caught the nearest bus and didn't stop staring out the window until after the bus driver shouted "Wiliamette, Illinois!" Then I gathered my bags and hiked the two blocks home. Ther I slept for most of the day until I had to get ready for Pete's party. I pulled out some jeans and a black tee-shirt and a hoodie and wlked down the street to Pete's house.

The sign on the door said to goto the backyard but I pushed the door open anyway and wlked inside. I could hear the music thumping ouside and I could smell the smoke from every kind of drug imaginable. I wlked through the very empty house and opened the back door.

The lights, sounds, and smells hit me like an arrow. I looked around. There was Pete, his back to me and Stacy hangingo ff his arm. There was Joe, his arms around two big-boobed blondes. I decided not to bother them. Finally, I saw Patrick. He was alone, sipping on a Coke. I gathered myself and walked over to him.

"Hey." He smiled. "You look--different."

"I feel different." I whispered.

He watched me quietly and then murmured "You'll tell me later."

I let a smile grace my features. They were becoming rare nowadays.

Joe had finally seen me and was coming over. He spread open his arms and hugged me graciously.

"Kendra, it's great to see you!" Joe said, pushing the blondes away. They looked offended. "You ready for your big enterance?"

I nodded. The look on Pete's face would be priceless. His best friend come back for round 2.

Joe picked a mic off the DJ table and started speaking into it.

"Ladies and Gentlemen I'd like to announce that a very dear friend of everyone has stopped in to give Pete his present." Joe said. Pete perked up from the mention of his name and turned his attention on Joe. He still didn't see me "Pete, here's your present. Happy 18th dude."

I stepped forward, beside Joe and waved at Pete. His mouth dropped open and he dropped his cup of beer. Before he know what he was doing he rushed up to me and wrapped me in a hug.

I burst into tears and wouldn't let go of him until Stacy ripped my arms away from him. Of course Pete pushed her away and kept cradling me in his arms.

"I missed you so much." He whispered.

I buried my face in his shoulder and started sobbing harder. I heard a few 'aaaaawwwws' from the crowd gathering around us. Then I heard Stacy's frustrated scream and her stomps as she left in a hurry to get away from me and Pete.

Pete immeadiatly sent everybody but me, Patrick, Andy, and Joe away so we could have a movie night for just us. He popped popcorn and he pulled out the futon and a blanket and we all watched The Notebook, Blades of Glory, and The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Pete sat on the floor, my head in his lap. Patrick, Joe, and Andy were spread out on the futon arguing about who goes where.

I was as quiet as I could be. I was where I wanted to be but I just wasn't ready to talk and although the boys didn't know what happened they respected my silence and let me watch the movie in peace.

Pete absently played with my hair as we watched Sally follow Jack Skellington into the graveyard and I closed my eyes for what felt like only a moment but when I opened them again the screen had gone black and Pete had layed on his side, pulling me alongside him. AS I looked around I noticed Andy, Joe, and Patrick were passed out as well. I also noticed that Pete had gotten me a pillow and a blanket.

He was so sweet.

I looked up at Pete's sleeping figure and smiled a little. He slept on like a small child. I tried to slide away from him and not wake him but, alas, the blanket and the hand around my waist didn't make that easy and I ended up waking him anyways.

"Hey." He whispered.

"Hi." I replied.

"Do you need to get up?" He asked.

I nodded and he took his hand off my waist and helped me out of the blanket and helped me up.

"Um, Pete, I kinda need pajamas." I whispered.

He nodded onnce and led me upstairs to his bedroom. Once we were there he threw some clothes at me and I began to put them on, accidentally showing him the marks made by Chris.

"What are those?" he asked, running a finger over one. I pulled my shirt down quickly.

"Bug bites." I whispered turning around so my back was away from him.

"Those didn't look like bug bites. They looked human." He said. He tried to turn me around again so he could see them again.

"Leave them alone!" I snapped.

Pete backed away, his hands up in retreat.

"Sorry." I muttered "I'm so sorry." and then I fell to the ground and began to sob.

Pete muttered a 'whoa' and dropped down beside me, pulling me into his arms, and rocking me back and forh until my sobs were reduced to hiccups.

He pulled me away and looked at me. "You want to talk?" he asked.

I nodded and quietly told the story. Pete growled when I was finished and told me he was gonna kill Chris, just like I knew he would.

I laid my head on his shoulder and sighed.

"Thanks for being there Pete." I whispered. "I love you."

He didn't even miss a beat.

"I love you too."

Of course we both knew we were only talking about brotherly/sisterly love. Nothing more. I mean Pete had a girlfriend. Yes, she was a total whore but I could deal with that. Pete was my friend nothing more.

But did I want it to stay that way?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ok first off I tried posting this before but then it screwed up so I had to type it again. Secondly, I've noticed that Kendra is very emotionally challenged. She cries and then she's fine. Like nothing happened. I think it's kinda funny.

You guys have a lot of twists and turns happening soon. I'll give you a hint... Pete, Kendra. And a car....

I may add another chapter today because this was pretty short I think. This next chapter is my favorite so far I have to say but that may change. I'm not done with this story.
Sign up to rate and review this story