Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > the long tail of a wolf

chapter 1 A Wolf in the Shadows

by brye_the_shadow 1 review

a tale of a wolf demon

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Parody - Characters: Kakashi, Other - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-05-29 - Updated: 2007-05-30 - 991 words

-1MarySue
Chapter 1
A wolf in the shadows
It was twilight and the road was lit with torches and it was still wet from the heavy rain from earlier that day. A young but strong wolf strolled cautiously towards the village hidden in the leaves. The wind blew lightly as the sun set and the moon rose, it was full. There was but a single star in the sky she stared curiously at it. This was her domain she lived in these woods walking this path for nearly 2 years, hunting and being hunted. She was hunted by the humans, the ninja of the village because she would steal food from unsuspected travelers that walked her path. She called it a passing toll. No one was ever hurt but just a few scraps of meat were taken. Even if there was tons of food with them she would only take a few pieces, she did not see any harm in her actions she was just hungry. But because of this she was hunted. She knew that even if she could fight a human if she came across one she would run. Humans as she knew carried weapons and artillery in the pouches that they wore. But travelers rarely carried these things and that is why she used them for her food.
As she walked she could sense a small pack of humans coming close and they were carrying food lots of food and medicine lots of it. As they came closer she realized there were three and they were merchants selling medicine, this was an annual trip for these passers. They were nice they liked the wolf but she was not used to three they added a human it was a young girl she was pulling the cart. She was there slave; they must have bought her in a city not long ago. She knew that this would affect them giving her food because this human might be afraid of her and they would not want her to be afraid it might affect her work but it was worth a try. She lied down in the road as she did for all humans passing by. But then she realized there were more humans these were the human who carried the weapons, ninja. She quickly jumped into the bushes to avoid contact and it worked they passed by without trouble. This was different the caravans were guarded now she would not be able to get food as easily. She didn't want to worry about it then so she fell asleep in the bush.
The next morning she woke and the sun was shining and the birds were chirping alive and well. They sang their songs to greet the morning, songs of piece and serenity. The wolf liked to listen to them and wake up with them in her head and that made her day go well and it meant good hunting. She emerged from her small bush den and stretched out her tight muscles. And opened her eyes to let the sunlight in. it was a warm summers day and she knew it was going to be a good day. She crossed the road into the forest where she hunted. She ran as fast as she could to the stream less than a mile away to drink and catch a fish or two. She sat on the shore and let the sunlight soak in her snow white fur and bright blue eyes were relaxed not jittery and weary as they usually were the sound of the brook calmed the wolf as she started to pat the water with her abnormally large paw. She saw a rainbow trout nearby and swiped at it and knocked it on to the shore she waited for it to die and then she ate it. The taste was sweet and she enjoyed it. The bones snapped in-between her enormous jaws that could more than likely crush a human arm but instead used for food. This wolf would never hurt a human but a human would hurt her. She thought about how the merchants had guards and that it was weird that they didn't trust her anymore.
It was calm by the shore of the stream enough for the wolf to fall asleep and she did. When she woke it was dark and the sky was cloudy like it would let out buckets of rain any moment and she decided that she should return to the bush were she was before. She ran through the woods and when she reached the road she found a box of food that a traveler dropped and she decided to pick it up and eat it. She picked it up and walked to the bush she cut it open with her teeth and eat it was all meat, raw meat. It was rare that a human would carry raw meat but she did not think anything of it. When she was finished she started to get dizzy and she realized that the food was a trap. She stood up and walked into the road and looked were she found the box of meat. There was a wire trail when she picked it up it tripped and sent off a trigger to say that she took it. The wolf decided to run into the deep woods on the other side of the road towards the brook. It started to rain. It was getting harder for the wolf to see the poison was setting in and within moments the wolf collapsed into a tree and as she lay there half asleep she could feel ninja getting closer to her they found her and she was paralyzed and couldn't move. She was caught. As she started to drift in and out of consciousness she were people, ninja, around her they made shore she was asleep and they took her to their village, the village hidden in the leaves.
Sign up to rate and review this story