Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > He Said It Was A One Night Stand

I've Loved You All Along

by xXprettyinpunkXx 6 reviews

and i forgive you for being away for far to long..

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-06-01 - Updated: 2007-06-02 - 1301 words

1Moving
Tessa had been tossing and turning in bed all night. She couldn't sleep. It had been like this ever since Pete had been in the hospital. So many times she wanted to go and visit him. So many times did she call his number, in the end hanging up before she dialed the final number.

She had let Jennica go of course, she wanted to see her daddy, and everytime she came back, she was always confused.

" Mommy, how come daddy's not here? He's always with that lady." she would ask while she colored in her Disney Princess coloring book at the table before supper.

" She's really good friends with him sweety." was Tessa's answer.

" She's really nice too. She said I was pretty and looked just like my mommy. Do you know her?" she had asked, looking up at her mother. Tessa had been so flattered that she had dropped her mittens on the floor. After all that her and Pete had done, Tessa being the other woman, Riley was still the good person she was.

" Ya sweety, she's really nice."

Tessa laid their wondering what she would've done if she had been in Riley's situation. Coming to visit her fiance and finding him hanging out with another woman all the time. How he always called her and didn't spend enough time with her. Surely she'd be upset. But how upset had Riley been?

Then learning that her boyfriend was in love with that woman, didn't want to get married and had been hiding a really big secret for all those years. In Tessa's case, she probably would've chopped his man hood off and fed it to the dogs. She had never been good with cheating, but of course, it didn't matter if she was the one who was unfaithful.

Tessa sighed out loud and sat up. She almost screamed her head off when she saw the figure at the door.

Pete quickly switched on the lights.

" Tess! It's alright..it's just me." Tessa put a hand to her heart as she caught her breath. Pete came and sat down next to her on the bed and wiped her tears she hadn't known had escaped her eyes.

" I thought...you were...him." she said, her heart still beating wildly. Pete smiled.

" It's alright..I'm here." he pulled her into a hug, but Tessa pulled away.

" What're you doing here Pete? Is Riley okay?" Tessa asked looking down at her hands.

" She's fine..I'm here to see you." Pete thought that Tessa's raised eyebrows meant that she noticed the nervousness in his voice, but it was actually the fact that he was there to visit her.

" You sure about that? You usually come here to either pick up Hem, or hang out with Jennica."

" I'm sure." Tessa looked up and Pete leaned in to kiss her. When they parted, Tessa was left breathless.

" So...what happened with Riley? I don't actually know if she-" Pete attacked her lips for her to shut up. Tessa leaned back, lying down on the bed, Pete smoothly followed, but supported himself to be ontop of her.
Their breathing got heavy, and the usual instinct that this was wrong came to Tessa's mind. She pushed Pete off causing him to fall on his side next to her.

" I made cake earlier..want some cake." she said distractedly as she got up and walked to the kitchen. Pete chuckled and followed her.

In the kitchen, Tessa shakily had taken the cake from the fridge and was searching for a cutting knife.

" Why don't you sit down, and I'll cut the cake." Pete said from behind, Tessa nodded her head and sat at the little bar, placing a hand over her forehead while resting her elbow on the counter.

" You seem so stressed." said Pete as he set the cake down in front of her. She thanked him and cut herself a piece.

" I wonder why?" she said, the words full of sarcasm.

" I do wonder why." said Pete, putting emphasis on the word, I. Tessa turned to him.

" You think I wouldn't be stressed if the father to my child was getting married to another woman, while he comes parrading into my house, kissing me randomly, then taking it all away when goes and visits his girlfriend?!" Tessa's voice was full of forced calm, she was holding onto the fork so hard, her fingers were turning white. Pete didn't know she was going to get so..angry. " You think it isn't hard for me to see you walk out that door everyday, going to the woman you love, leaving me hanging with that lingering kiss! How am I supposed to deal with it Pete! You know I love you!" she said. She seemed close to tears, but she hardly ever cried. Ecspecially over men.

" Tess, I never-"

" Never what?! Meant to hurt me, meant to...to do this?! Of course you didn't cause it just happened. I can't believe I'm still here eating cake with you, while...when you should be somewhere else." Tessa took a bite of her cake.

" Fuck!" she said, her mouth full of cake. She spit the chewed bits into her hand, but under all the brown gunk, a shiny ring gleamed in the light. She stared at it for a second, she glanced up at Pete, then rushed over to the sink and rinsed off the ring. Pete got up and stood behind her. This couldn't be happening, this wasn't..real.

" Tess." she turned around slowly, her jaw still hitting the floor as her gaze on the ring never faltered. " Today I realized something..something that I knew was going to happen along time ago." Pete started. Tessa finally looked up and into his eyes. " I realized that all this time...I've just been trying to make the people around me happy, not knowing that I was hurting them to." he took a moment to catch his breath. " Riley has been my best friend since high-school, and until now, I thought it was the right thing to do to marry your best friend..to make them happy. I thought she was the only one, clearly I was wrong." Tessa giggled nervously, Pete smiled. " That night I met you..there was just something there, and though it took me five years to figure out what it was, I finally did. You have no idea how much you've helped me Tess, how much you've..made me realize that I'm not the only one in the world. You made me realize what real love is, cause right now I feel like I can jump off a cliff and not die because I know you love me." Tessa choked out a laugh and smiled tearily at Pete. He slowly got down on one knee and took the ring out of Tessa's shaking hand. " I want to spend the rest of my life with you..I want to watch our kids grow-"

" Kids?" laughed Tessa. Pete smiled.

" Yes kids..I wanna sit outside on a rocking chair, holding your hand while our grandkids run around and kill each other. I just wanna spend everyday with you. Do you wanna spend everyday with me?" asked Pete as if Tessa would say no. She giggled.

" Duh." was what she managed.

" Then ...here it goes...Tessa Leanne Greyer, will you marry me?" Tessa burst into a fit of giggles, her eyes glistening.

" Of course Pete!" Pete's smile was the widest anyone had ever seen. Tessa jumped into his arms, as he spun her around.



aww yes..just two more and the whole thing is over
i wanna thank all my reviewers, and i have to admit, i was swinging for riley, but pete and tessa are a much happier couple
Sign up to rate and review this story