Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Colorado Springs

01: It's A Mess To Be With You

by Cynicallove 0 reviews

Phoenix, Tava, boyfriends, and irritation.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-06-02 - Updated: 2007-06-02 - 784 words

0Unrated
She lay there. Smoking her life away. Praying she would get lung cancer and it would kill her as quickly as it possibly could. But with her luck, the lung cancer would never come and she'd remain alive, wallowing in her self pity, a newly lit cigarette in her hand, smoke coming out of her mouth from taking a puff.

"Phoenix. Get that death wish out of your mouth and get your butt inside. It's freezing. You're going to catch a cold." Her best friend Tava called from the doorstep as Phoenix put her cigarette out in the snow she had been lying in and walked into the house with her wet clothing.

"I honestly don't understand why it's a death wish in my mouth but in your mouth it is an amazing invention," Phoenix mumbled, hoping Tava wouldn't hear. But with her luck, she did.

"Because you are too young to be killing yourself." Tava replied. Phoenix snapped back instantly.

"You started when you were younger than I was when I started."

"Because I was stupid. You should learn from my mistakes."

"You just hate it cause I steal your cigarettes when I can't afford to buy my own."

"That's very true. It really needs to stop. I'm quite missing those cigarettes and the money I spend to support our addiction." Tava smiled as Phoenix rolled her eyes dramatically, walking into her room to change out of her still wet clothes.

She stripped off her dirty, wet soaked clothes and changed into a pair of black sweats and a white wife beater. She grabbed a brush off the table and tossed her dark brown and purple hair into a messy ponytail held by a black scrunchie. Her bangs, almost all purple, fell to the side of her face, covering her right eye. She brushed them out of the way as Tava came storming into her room, ready to talk, when she stopped and looked Phoenix up and down.

"You aren't going out in that are you?" Tava said with her nose scrunched up. Phoenix just replied by rolling her eyes as Tava continued. "You really should wear jeans or nice dress pants of something more complementary to you than sweats and wife beaters. Not that I have anything against either, I love them both but--"

"You came storming in here why?" Phoenix interrupted, looking down at Tava since Tava was 5'1 and she was taller by about 4 inches. Tava had carefully styled her short hair to make it stay in place in its cute choppy way and her eyes, as always, were covered with eye shadow, mascara and eyeliner. She has on a pair of tight fitting jeans and a yellow washed out t-shirt with an island setting, which completely contradicted Chicago's current weather of cold and snow.

Tava thought for a second before shrugging. "Don't remember why really. Oh wait. I know. You have a psychology final in two days that I'm supposed to remind you to study for." Phoenix groaned. Her last final. How could she have been so stupid as to forget about her psychology final before her and Tava left for vacation.

Every year, Tava and Phoenix made a trip to Colorado to go skiing and snowboarding. Their families started the tradition when they were young, going to Colorado during winter break together and learning how to ski and snowboard. She had been getting stoked for the vacation that she completely forgot all about her psychology final.

"Can't I just make a wish for me to pass and we just leave tomorrow?" Phoenix groaned as Tava laughed but shook her head no.

"I have one last pre-law final to take before we go to. I recommend that you start studying hard cause you still have to pack for the trip." Tava said before leaving the room to go make herself a jelly sandwich.

"Maybe I'll stay home so you and fuck face can have time alone." Phoenix shouted as Tava rolled her eyes, knowing that Phoenix couldn't see it.

"Nix. Patrick is not a fuck face and you can not, not go. We've gone to Colorado every year since you were 4 and I was 6. Besides. I won't be with Patrick the entire time we are there. And while I am with him, you can hang out with Melissa and Patrick's friends that are coming with. You've met Andy, Pete and Joe haven't you? Yea. I know you have. The barbeque we did a couple months back. They were there. Anyways. We are going to spend some of those two glorious vacation weeks together. Trust me. Now go study." Tava called out as Phoenix groaned, burying herself into her psychology work.
Sign up to rate and review this story