Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Colorado Springs

03: Friend's at first Honeymooner's Resort

by Cynicallove 0 reviews

continuation

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-06-02 - Updated: 2007-06-02 - 927 words

0Unrated
Phoenix quickly walked to her room with her luggage and started to unpack her snowboard and her heavy jacket-she had forgotten how cold Colorado was-so she could go up the mountain and alleviate some of her stress. Just as she started to dig through her suitcase for her heavy jacket so she could leave, Pete entered the room, setting his stuff on the chair by the couch, where her stuff currently resided.

"Do you mind if I pick my bed first?" Pete asked as Phoenix shrugged. Honestly, she didn't care. A bed was a bed, it didn't matter which one she got as long as she got one.

Pete sighed. He was trying so hard to get Phoenix to just smile, but the harder he tried, the more she resisted. He was close to just giving up on her, but he wasn't one to just quit. And he was going to keep trying until she castrated him or killed him, which ever came first.

Pete walked to the door on the right and opened it, but getting the bathroom instead of the bedroom. He looked inside to see a large, round jacuzzi tub and in the opposite corner, a quarter circle shower with a sliding door. There was a counter that held two sinks with a wall hair dryer in between them. Pete looked at the bathroom in awe. He had never seen anything as nice as that in a hotel. Every hotel he had ever stayed in was pretty much the basics. Nothing nearly as nice as the tiled floor bathroom he was gazing at. He closed the door, deciding later he would soak in a bath to help reduce the pain the plane had caused to his back. He was over to the door on the left, figuring it had to be the bathroom since the hall closet had been by the room's entrance door. Pete opened the bedroom door and found the light switch turning it on. What he saw was not gonna end good.

"Phoenix" Pete called as she almost walked out the door. Phoenix inwardly groaned. She had gone almost an entire 10 minutes with peace and she was beginning to relax. But no. Pete had to open his big mouth before she could hit the slopes. She turned around, board in hand and glared at Pete.

"What do you want now? I was leaving. Can it wait?" Phoenix asked. She was dying to hit the slopes. 'Come on' she thought 'just tell me it can wait.'

"You might want to look at our rooming arrangement." Phoenix's eyes went wide as she walked over to the bedroom, where sure enough, this nightmare called life taunted her by making matters worse. Inside the bedroom was one single, king sized bed. She groaned. No wonder the room was so nice with a kitchen and comfortable living arrangement. They were in the honeymooner's resort. Phoenix groaned. She marched to the closet and hung her board on the rack provided inside and went back to the bedroom doorframe next to Pete. They both just looked inside. Phoenix sighed inside. This vacation wasn't going to get any better, she might as well just roll with every turn of events otherwise she'd never make it down one hill.

"You take the bed. I'll take the couch. I don't mind. I just want to go board and get everything off my mind, come back, make some hot chocolate and read some of my book. I'll just keep my clothes in one side of the drawers and change in there or in the bathroom." Phoenix said. She really didn't want to sleep on the couch, but after being so bitchy to Pete, she figured that he wouldn't want to share the bed with her and she overheard him in the luggage claim at the airport complaining about how the plane had hurt his back. She couldn't take the bed and feel right about it.

"No you take the bed. You're the lady. It's only right." Pete said. Phoenix suddenly felt terrible for the way she had treated Pete. All he had tried to do was be nice to her this entire time, and she had lashed out at him when she really wanted to lash out at Tava. She sighed.

"I overheard you talking to Andy about your back at the airport. If you sleep on the couch you are going to injure it more. I don't mind sleeping on the couch." Phoenix said, only this time, she wasn't yelling or scowling or being bitter. This time she was being sincere. Pete smiled. Now he was glad he hadn't quit.

"Thanks Nix." He said with a smile, which Phoenix returned. Her first smile since the day of her last final. Pete inwardly cheered at her smile. "I insist we switch off nights though. It's only fair. We don't want the couch to kill your back. Wouldn't be able to live that one down."

Phoenix smiled. "Only if you take the bed tonight."

"You got a deal."

"Well. I'm going to go hit the slopes. I'm going to take the shuttle to the grocery store after. Anything you need that I can bring back for you?"

"Rainbow chip frosting and nilla wafers. Oh and some orange juice please." Pete responded immediately. He pulled out his wallet and handed Phoenix 20$. Phoenix laughed but nodded.

"Pulp or no pulp?" She asked as she went to pull her board out of the closet.

"Pulp please and thank you." He responded. Phoenix couldn't help but smile.
Sign up to rate and review this story