Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Continuation of Freezing Over

Anything

by inkblot 4 reviews

This is a continuation of the story Freezing Over because I can't edit that version for some reason. :/

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Published: 2007-06-01 - Updated: 2007-06-01 - 886 words

1Moving
Okay, sorry to have to continue the story here but I was not able to update the other one. scratches head It seems other people have been having the same problem on Ficwad but it has not been fixed so I figured I may as well try again and hope for the best.

By the way, this is a continuation of my story Freezing Over and I suggest reading that fist but it is not that important. The URL is http://www.ficwad.com/viewstory.php?sid=64811 .

----------------

Song:Let Me Go
Artist:3 Doors Down

Chapter Two - Anything
Delilah POV

Julius and I continued passing notes like little children for the whole rest of the period and when the bell rang I packed up my books realizing to my horror that I still had ten questions to do. If only Al had not given us that time management lecture I would be finished. Kind of ironic really, that during his speech I could have been using my time so much more effectively. Oh well, nothing can be done about that. I felt a little guilty about slacking off with Julius.. I really shouldn't encourage him. But how do you say no to those eyes? It really is impossible.

*One more kiss could be the best thing
*Or one more lie could be the worst

On our way down the hall I sighed, looking out the windows as we passed them. It was gorgeous out today. I stopped, and tugging on Julius's sleeve as I indicated to the grounds with my other hand. "Let's eat lunch outside today." I knew he would agree, he hated being in on these types of days. On any day really. Smiling at him I let myself fall into his bright blue eyes. "Sure," He answers, then cocks his head to the side, "you okay?" I snap out of my daydream and nod. "Yep, fine! Let's go,"

*And all these thoughts are never resting
*And your not something I deserve

We turned around, now headed for the doors outside instead of the dining hall. The walk was quiet but comfortable, both of us lost in our own thoughts as we made our way to a huge maple on the grounds. Settling myself down lightly against the trunk, I took out my lunch and watched Julius throw himself to the ground and sigh. "It feels so good to be out of the classroom, eh Dee?" he says. I laugh and nod, letting him continue without interruption. "I thought that class would never end-" the speakers cut him off. "Would Delilah Devonshire and Julius Chevalier please come to Big Al's office immediately." Looking miffed Julius stood up and offered me his hand. I turned it down, standing up by myself and dusting off my legs. I felt his eyes on me the whole time but tried to ignore it, I suddenly felt very self conscious.

*In my head there's only you now
*This world falls on me

At Al's office we were met by Scarlet and Al who looked quite calm. This made me feel better; whatever was going on to put the world in danger couldn't be too bad if they were this relaxed. Al put his fingertips together, "Hey guys, we've, like, got a problem. Its Ice. She's been sending us these weird ransom notes for a while now, but here's the catch, man, - we don't even know what she's got!" I looked at Julius, stunned. From his expression I could see he was thinking the same thing. "Uhhh.. Al? How do you know she's got anything? Don't you think maybe she's just lying?" I smiled, Julius, always pointing out the obvious. When Al's face didn't change I found myself actually starting to worry; could I have misjudged how much concern was really there? Scarlet cut in "Do you remember that big storm last month, kitten? It caused a power outage as I'm sure you know, but what you don't know is that our generators took a few seconds to come up. In those few seconds all of our security on every academy computer went down. Anyone could have taken anything they fancied."

*In this world there's real and make believe
*And this seems real to me

Julius and I stood stalk still, letting the words sink in. 'Anything they fancied.' The words went round and round in my head. Case reports, criminal records, agent histories.. There was so much that could have been taken - without us ever knowing! With this information who knows what Ice could do! But what worried me most was not what she could do, but why she hadn't done anything. Yet. This was bad - very bad. Al's voice cut through my thoughts, "We need you two to go to Ice's lair. You'll have to search her computers and files for anything that might be related to, like, the academy." Julius and I nod and follow Scarlet from the room.

*And you love me but you don't know who I am
*I'm torn between this life I lead and where I stand

----------------

So, that's that. Hopefully this chapter actually works and lets me update it, but if not... Well, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. :/ Anyway, thank you for the reviews - keep them coming!

Love,
Inky
Sign up to rate and review this story