Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Continuation of Freezing Over

Arrival

by inkblot 3 reviews

D&J enter Ice's lair.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2007-06-02 - Updated: 2007-06-02 - 853 words

0Unrated
No song in this chapter.. Couldn't really find one that fit. shrug
-----------------------

Chapter Three - Arrival
Julius POV

Ugh. I was not a happy camper getting on that jet, my pockets weighed down by all of Scarlet's gadgets and my heart weighed down with disappointment and dread. Don't get me wrong, I like missions, and I really like missions that get me out of having to go to class, but somehow today I just wanted to relax with Dee. I knew being annoyed about it was useless; even if I wasn't going on a mission I wouldn't be able to just kick back, but visiting Ice's lair wasn't exactly the most desirable thing to do on a day this nice. The only ice I wanted to see today would be in a cold drink while I sat by the pool back at the academy. But that wasn't going to happen. This was important, and it had to get done. No matter how much I didn't want to do it.

The trip there dragged on for what seemed like ages, and I spent most of it watching Delilah discreetly from behind some of the papers Al had given me about what information Ice might have. Dee, having already read her papers thoroughly, was examining her new gadgets. Scarlet hadn't had time to explain them all to us so now she was testing them out, careful not to damage anything with the more dangerous looking ones. I watched her gingerly inspect a little red cube, about the size of regular dice. Finding no seems or buttons on it Delilah tossed it up and caught it in her hand, where it exploded into a cloud of black smoke on impact. She cried out in surprise.

In a fraction of a second I was beside her, "Delilah!" I grabbed her arm protectively, "Are you okay?" Waving away the smoke and coughing she nodded that yes, she was alright. When the smoke had cleared enough to see each other properly she smiled up at me, embarrassed, and started to laugh, "Good thing Scarlet gave me three of those." I grinned and reluctantly let her go. The pilot's voice came on loudly through the speakers, "Miss. Devonshire and Mr. Chevalier, you can jump any time now."

Well that made me feel a little better; at least we got to jump out. It's so much more fun that way. We stood and grabbed our parachutes, yanking the emergency exit open with difficulty. I stood behind Dee and let her go first, then leapt out after her, feeling the adrenalin pump through my veins. God, that felt better; almost like when I jumped out of that plane I left all my problems behind on it. Now I felt ready to take on a villain, ready to take on anything. Delilah's parachute billowed out into the sky slowing her down and I waited until I was equal height to her before pulling my own trigger to open mine. We slowly descended and eventually hit the ground, freeing ourselves from our parachutes. I looked around at the bleak white landscape and wrapped my arms around me trying not to think about the gorgeous weather the other spies were enjoying back at the academy. Far to our left I could make out the shape of Ice's huge ice castle. Delilah, who had landed further right, came up behind me. "Better get going, Jay." "Right. Let's go."

It didn't take long to get to Ice's lair, and as we made our way to the front of it I was glad that Scarlet had given us white suits this time. I felt practically invisible. As we neared the front we stopped talking and I peaked around the side of the castle, checking for anyone that might blow our cover. I looked back to Delilah, "There are two guards but other than that it's clear." She nodded and I brought out a tiny gun, slipping silently around the corner and shooting a tranquilizer dart at one of the big men by the main door. He slumped to the ground making his partner turn to see who shot it, but his face was met with Delilah's foot. He too fell down unconscious. I smiled at Delilah and opened the door for her, "Ladies first. Nice kick by the way." She beamed, "Thanks."

Quietly, we entered the building. There was no sign of anyone being home, which I was happy about, but I could tell it was making Delilah slightly nervous, she nudged me lightly, "Why don't we use the vents just in case?" Her voice was barely more than a whisper. I nodded and looked around, seeing that there was one just down the hall. We walked over to it and I gave her a boost so that she could unscrew it and climb through. Then she pulled me up and I carefully put the cover back, not wanting to arouse the suspicion of anyone just walking by.

-----------------------
Wow, not much actually happens in this chapter, sorry. Oh well, whatever, thanks for reading. I'll update again soon! :D

Inky
Sign up to rate and review this story