Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Continuation of Freezing Over

Searching

by inkblot 1 review

Inside Ice's lair.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Published: 2007-06-06 - Updated: 2007-06-06 - 977 words

1Moving
Song:It Ends Tonight
Artist:The All American Rejects

------------------------

Chapter Four - Searching
Delilah POV

Normally I would not be so paranoid about venturing into Ice's lair. I mean, come on! I'm a spy, this is what I'm trained for! But I couldn't seem to shake the feeling that something wasn't right this time. Something was... Different. And I didn't like it. As soon as Julius put the grate back on the opening of the vent, blanketing us in darkness, I felt better. It was strange - how could I feel safe when in a freezing, shadowy, cramped little area? - but just considering the alternative made me shiver.

*The walls start breathing
*My minds unweaving

Julius was very close to me, so close it made my heartbeat quicken. God, get a hold of yourself, Delilah! I tried in vain to ignore him being there. He must have noticed me shiver because he put a strong arm around me and pulled me slightly toward him. At first I froze, caught off guard by this act of affection, but after only a seconds hesitation I let him draw me in. As he moved his hand quickly up and down my side, warming me, I pushed myself into his chest very lightly, hoping he would not notice. But somehow, at the same time part of me was also hoping he would notice. I always want him to notice me.

*Maybe it's best you leave me alone.

My heart is going to burst out of me, I know it. It is pounding against my ribcage so hard it almost hurts. Am I imagining this or is Julius even closer than before? I can feel his warm breath on my cheek as he leans in slightly. I can't move. He shifts so that our lips are only an inch apart. I sway slightly to fill in the gap but hesitate a centimeter from him. It's going to happen. We're going to kiss. Here, in a vent in Ice's frozen lair, Julius is going to kiss me. Oh my God.

*A weight is lifted
*On this evening

Then, just as suddenly as all this started, it's over. I have to stifle my gasp of surprise as Julius pulls away from me, turning to face the grill from which shrieks of fury are reaching our ears.

*I give the final blow.

"They're WHAT?" Ice's voice echoed down the vent sending chills down my spine. "Um, well, you see," the second voice was male, and was much quieter, saying he was frightened would be an understatement. "WELL?" Again Ice's shriek penetrated our hiding spot, making me feel vulnerable and exposed. The man speaking cleared his throat, hesitant to speak. "Well, the thing is, they're out cold, Miss." There was a long silence after this statement. I realize they must be talking about the guards, and a smirk slips onto my lips. When Ice speaks again her voice is lowered and has no tone. "Block the exits and search the entire building-" "What? Why?" She continues as though he had not spoken, "and do not stop searching until you have Delilah and Julius unconscious and locked up." I hear the click of her heals as she walks away. "Wait - but how do you know it's them? It could be anyone-" "Oh, it's them. Trust me." I can hear the smirk through her voice which wipes mine off my face. Stupid little brat!

*When darkness turns to light,
*It ends tonight,
*It ends tonight.

Slowly Julius turns back to me and we both realize at the same time that we both still have our arms around each other. Awkwardly we pull away, my cheeks burning and Julius's hand on the back of his head. "So... What now?" Good question! It takes me a minute to answer, and when I do my voice is uncertain, "Well, she knows we're here, so we probably don't have much time. Maybe we should split up and look for the files on our own." I can tell by his tone that he is just as unconvinced about going solo, but he agrees reluctantly, knowing it is only a matter of time before Ice gets frustrated with the search and does something stupid. Better to be out of here by the time that happens.


*A falling star
*Least I fall alone.
*I can't explain what you can't explain.

I crawled uncomfortably through the cave like vents and within seconds came to a T intersection. Without pause I took the left path but Julius grabbed my wrist before I could get going. I looked back at him, blinking in the dim light he had turned on on his watch. He pointed to his earpiece, "Keep in touch, okay?" I smile and nod, "Good luck,"

*You're finding things that you didn't know
*I look at you with such disdain

Progress was slow and I found myself passing the time as I crept from opening to opening by thinking of Julius. Imagining what didn't happen when we had first entered the vent. Fast forwarding and rewinding again and again until I had the perfect fantasy. And it had almost been real! Curse that stupid Ice! Okay Delilah, focus. I came to another grate and peaked through the little slits into a large, mostly empty room. In it was only a big wooden desk with a computer on it and a filing cabinet to the left.

*The walls start breathing
*My minds unweaving

Hello! This looked promising. Checking again that no one was near I rammed my shoulder against the grate, forcing it open and climbed out, into the room.

*Maybe it's best you leave me alone.

------------------------

Hey guys, sorry for not updating in so long, I have been really busy with school as it is coming up to exam time.

Love,
Inky
Sign up to rate and review this story