Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog > Metal Sonic's Reform

An emerald found and lost

by huvnaegot1 0 reviews

Metal Sonic is low on energy, from the fight from sonic heroes, and has searched two years for more. during his searching he has slowly lost his memory. he has now arrived in the sonic adventure 1 era

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Humor - Characters: Dr. Robotnik, Knuckles, Metal Sonic, Miles "Tails" Prower, Sonic, Tikal, Other - Warnings: [!] [!!] [!!!] - Published: 2007-06-02 - Updated: 2007-06-03 - 1951 words

0Unrated
disclaimer:
Yamada(me):I do not own a single character in this story! they all belong to SEGA and Sonic Team. though it would be cool if i owned them.
Sonic: shut up and get with the story
Tails: yeah this is my big entry!

He stopped himself suddenly, "where the hell am I?" he thought. He looked around. Forests as far as the eye could see. He climbed one of the tree's to try and get a good look around. There were forests everywhere, except in the middle of the island, where there was a large flat circle, with something glowing green in the centre. His skin melted once again, as the effects of the solid mercury began to shift him again. He turned into another character he remembered. Red fur all over, big hands covered with gloves that seemed to have to large points on the knuckles. He jumped, put his arms in front of him, and glided toward the centre of the island. He decided to hide from anyone's view after what happened last time. He saw the creature whose body he was in, and decided to shift back into his real form in case the creature saw him. Moments later a large air ship floated above the island, and a large blue beam shot down at the giant glowing emerald. It shattered, sending pieces everywhere, revealing a pink ball of light, which zoomed toward Metal Sonic, and stopped right in his face.
"No I'm free from the emerald!" said the ball of light. It looked at Metal Sonic, and as he stared at it he could see a small creature in the centre of the light.
"You must stop chaos! You must trap him back into the master emerald!" it instructed him.
"What? Who are you? Who is chaos?" but it flew off before it replied. Metal Sonic looked ahead, and watched as a strange water being came out of the shrine, and attacked the red creature, sending it flying off the shrine. He decided that the red creature might be a useful ally, so he sped towards the shrine, scanning for the beings weak spot, jumped up the side, and kicked the being, smashing his foot into its visible brain. The creature looked at its two opponents, jumped up into the air, and shot its arm to the ship. It latched on and pulled itself up. Metal Sonic turned round to the red being, which was getting up.
"Ugh what happened? It's you!" the creature got up, ran up the stairs of the shrine, and swung a fist at Metal Sonic. Metal Sonic simply grabbed the fist.
"What do you mean? Who am I? And who are you?" he said as he grabbed the second fist coming for him.
"Don't play games with me Metal Sonic," it replied.
"So I am Metal Sonic"
"What? Did you forget your own name?" it asked, confused.
"Yes, now as I asked before, who are you?" Metal Sonic answered.
"I-I'm knuckles," replied the creature.
"Knuckles, what do you know of that being?" Metal Sonic questioned.
"I'm sorry, I don't know anything about it. All I know is that it destroyed the master emerald!"
"No, that ship destroyed it."
The ground started rumbling
"What's happening?!?" shouted Metal Sonic
"Without the power of the master emerald, Angel Island is falling!" replied Knuckles.
The island fell into the ocean, scraping onto the side of a cliff, and sending a huge wave out across the world.
"I can still feel that emeralds power," said Metal.
"What!" cried Knuckles.
"Here," said Metal Sonic, and handed Knuckles a print out of Station Square and The Mystic Ruins, "these are the locations of the shards, but I can't help shake the feeling I've missed out somewhere"

***********************
Sonic was lying on a beach chair at the pool of Station Square Hotel.
He was relaxing under the warm sun, only to hear a plane flying over, but the engine was jumping
"Huh? What? Tails?" he opened his eyes and looked at the plane spinning out of control, an orange fox in the pilot seat.
"Watch out! You're gonna crash! Aah!" Thud. The plane crashed on the beach.
"Tails..." he sighed "what am I gonna do with you?" As he ran to the beach a pair of red eyes glowed, watching Sonic's every move.
"He is the one," a soft voice came from behind Metal. Metal turned to face that ball of light once again.
"You must help him gain all 7 Chaos Emeralds, before that beast does. If you don't, it will be the end of the world!" it flew off again. Shutters slid over Metal's eyes, like a pair of eyelids. What are the Chaos Emeralds? What was that energy he could feel? He opened his eyes. That hedgehog was back! He was faster the Metal had thought. Behind him was an orange fox, no older than eight, but it was unusual: it had two tails. Metal remembered, that was who he became when he flew up to the tiny planet.
"Hey Sonic. Long time no see huh," said the fox.
"I'm just glad you're O.K.! What happened anyway? You're too good a pilot to just crash like that!" replied Sonic. Hmm still no mention of the fox's name, thought Metal.
"That was a test run using a new prototype propulsion system. It's got a few bugs to iron out." The fox answered.
"Why not just use my plane, the Tornado?" Sonic asked.
"Thanks, but when I'm done my plane will be able to run rings around yours, check my power supply!" The fox pulled out an emerald, but it wasn't right, it was purple.
"Whoa Tails! That's a Chaos Emerald!" said Sonic in amazement. So the fox is Tails? And that must be a Chaos Emerald it's holding thought Metal.
"Yep! I just happened to find one of the 7 Emeralds during one of my test flights. This thing's got unlimited power, ya know... So I figured, why not use it to power up my plane? Super charged! You gotta come over to my work-shop, Sonic! I've got something I've gotta show you! It's in the Mystic Ruins. The fastest way is by train. Let's go!" Metal jumped off the hotel roof before they could get anywhere.
"Metal Sonic," named Sonic and Tails at the same time.
"Sonic, Tails, I do not wish to fight you, but for the planets sake, give me the Chaos Emerald!" He said.
"Don't Tails! It's a trap!" cried Sonic.
"It's not, a ball of light has informed me that large beast by the name of Chaos is seeking the Chaos Emeralds also, and that if he finds them then it shall cause the end of the world. It called you 'The One'. This must mean that you have the power to fight this beast and win. I believe the beast is the same I met on Angel Island, the same that attacked Knuckles," he told.
"Knuckles! Is he o.k.?" asked Tails.
"He's fine. But that's not the point: you must keep aware of the beast, if you see it, do not fight it, instead run. If you lose the emeralds I don't wanna be one of the ones paying for it. The beast is made completely of water, and has a central nervous system, or in other words, a brain. I don't know what will happen if it gets the emerald, but my guess, is that it will have to harness their power some way, so it may change shape, which may change its weak point." Explained Metal. Tails turned to Sonic.
"As much as I don't want to believe him, we have to. I fought that beast last night, and he was not easy. Metal, stay with us, you will be able to help us fight him if we ever run into him," Sonic said.
"Anyway, to The Mystic Ruins!" exclaimed Tails. They walked through the hotel, out into the street, into the train station and hopped aboard the train. Their journey took longer than expected, as the train kept getting delayed. This took its toll on a certain impatient blue hedgehog.
"What's taking so long? I could have gone there and back by now!" shouted Metal Sonic. The train finally reached its destination. They walked to Tails' workshop, just a little north west of the Mystic Ruins Trains Station. When they walked up the first flight of stairs to an open area, they met a familiar old friend.
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! If it isn't Sonic!" he said.
"Look, it's a giant talkin' egg!" Sonic closed his eyes and put a grin on his face.
"SILENCE! I am Dr. Robotnik, the greatest scientific genius in the world!" he cried.
"Whatever you say, Eggman," Tails giggled at Sonic's remark.
"ENOUGH! I've got big plans, and now I'm gonna put them to work!" growled Eggman.
"You're always up to no good, now wa-do-ya want?" tails sighed.
"I want ALL of the Chaos Emeralds. Better not interfere, or else!" Eggman demanded.
"Or else what you big loser?" questioned Sonic.
"Or else I'll take them by force" he flew over the cliff edge, and came back on a huge machine, with drills pointing forward at the sides, "The hard way! This is the egg hornet! Expect no mercy!" Eggman cried as the drills pulled into the machine, which fired out missiles. The three of them dodged them, one narrowly missing the slower Tails. Metal scanned the ship, searching for a weak spot, and informed Sonic of the cockpit.
"It's completely defenceless! That must be the weak spot!" he shouted. Sonic tried to jump up to the cockpit, but Eggman was too high. Eggman flew over the cliff edge, and the drills reappeared. They started spinning, and Eggman flew toward Sonic. He jumped out of the way, and saw that the drills were stuck in the ground. He jumped to the cockpit and smashed the controls. The machine pulled out of the ground, flew out of control, then simply fell apart, save for Eggmans hover thing, but it was easy to tell it was damaged, as it was failing, and falling to the ground. Tails pulled out the Chaos Emerald to make sure he still had it.
"Well that wasn't too hard!" grinned Sonic. Eggman stared at his tormentor, and noticed Tails holding the purple emerald.
"Aha!" he said to himself, pushing a button, which made a huge arm come out the Egg Floater, and grabbed the emerald. He pushed another button and the arm contracted, giving Eggman the emerald.
"Oh no!" cried Sonic. The purple jewel glowed as if it was reacting to something.
"Come on Chaos, time to eat!" called Eggman.
"Chaos?" questioned Sonic. A blue blob suddenly appeared from the ground, and grew taller and started to gain a shape. A shape familiar to Metal Sonic. Chaos.
"Oh crap! That's the same monster I fought the other day," exclaimed Sonic and Metal in unison. Eggman threw the emerald at the beast. The jewel glowed as it neared and entered its body, creating a blinding white light, before dying down to show the transformed creature. It looked basically the same, save for one arm bigger than the other, and what appeared to be a bone in the bigger arm.
"YES! It's just as the stone tablets predicted! With each Chaos Emerald I feed him, he grows stronger and changes shape, and with seven Chaos Emeralds he shall become invincible! And work only for me! And together, we shall destroy station square and create RobotnikLand, the worlds ultimate city!" and with those last words, Eggman flies off, chaos sinking into the ground.
Sign up to rate and review this story