Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Boy With The Thorn In His Side

Twelve

by rainydaykid13 4 reviews

Haunted once again by the nightmares of his childhood, Pete is beginning to fear that these twisted scenes may be more than figments of his imagination, that they may be trying to warn him of somet...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Horror, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2007-06-04 - Updated: 2007-06-04 - 532 words

0Unrated
I feel my eyes finally beginning to close that night, only to have them snap back open, my conscience fully awake once again when I hear her scream.

I rush down and into the living room, where Emma and Rae sit in the floor on sleeping bags, as their room has yet to be cleaned.

Broken glass covers the floor and the front window is totally shattered.

A brick sits on the floor in front of Rae, with what looks like paper attached to it.

I run down the stairs, Patrick not far behind.

"Who screamed?" he asks, giving them each a once-over, making sure that they're both Ok.

Rae ignores the question, "Somebody just threw that through the window," she gestures to the brick,"It woke me up."

I grab the brick, whipping the paper off the brick and flipping it open, and again I see those all-too-familiar words,"STAY AWAY FROM HER. I'M WATCHING YOU." scrawled in huge, red block lettering.

I run my fingers over the letters, trying to get any vibrations from it. My index finger brushes across the capital H in "HER" and suddenly it feels like something has grabbed my arm, digging claws deep into the skin.

Rae is in real trouble.

Patrick sits down on the sleeping bag, across from Emma.

I glance from him to Rae, deciding now is probably the best time.

"Rae, I haven't been totally honest with you," I begin, sitting down next to Patrick.

She stares nervously back at me,"About what?" she asks feebly.

"Your card reading, the ace of clubs..." I stop, not wanting to have to say it,"I lied to you."

"You lied to me?" she says, pronouncing every syllable as though it nauseates her.

"The thing about getting asked out and stood up, that's all true. But the ace of clubs..." I stop again,"Be careful. Just... be careful."

"Be careful?"

"You know, watch what you... Just... Rae I'm afraid that you're going to die."

"What?" She says, raising her eyebrows,"You predicted my death and you had the audacity to keep it to yourself?"

"I didn't want to scare you."

"Well I'm definitely not scared now," she says, her voice laced with sarcasm,"I cannot believe you would do something like that!"

"I was trying to keep you safe!" I raise my voice to match hers.

"Trying to keep me safe?! Pete, in case you haven't noticed, I'm not exactly safe right now, am I? All this shit is happening and all the while you knew why!"

"I just did what I thought was right! I was trying to protect you!"

"Some one is trying to kill me and you wouldn't even tell me! That was protecting me?!"

"I didn't exactly plan on this!" I shout at her as she stands up, running off and locking herself in the bathroom.

I stand up as well, watching Patrick and Emma as I stomp up the stairs, stopping when I reach the landing.

It's beginning to get on my nerves, him constantly giving her that look, "For God's sake, Patrick. Will you just kiss her so you can stop acting like a God damned Fourth Grader?"
Sign up to rate and review this story