Categories > Original > Fantasy > Dream World

Prologue

by Fue_Kurokawa 1 review

One girl will have a dream that'll change her life forever... But, are things really that simple? Are dreams always what they seem to be?

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-06-04 - Updated: 2007-06-04 - 506 words

0Unrated
Prologue
The Dream

It's snowing again. There's already a good fourteen inches of snow on the ground, and the ice in the clearing I'm in is starting to melt, and it's uneven. Walking on it isn't a problem anymore. Well, there goes line of defense #1.
Defense against what? Wolves. I heard them a few hours ago, and there's one a few meters ahead. Not the Alpha male; too shaby and small. But he's still almost drooling. Maybe it's because of the kid I have in my arms?
That's right... I'm babysitting. I almost forgot the sleeping meatball I'm holding. But I can't think too much, I have to walk. Or run, it depends on wether or not those wolves decide to run after me or not. I really hope they don't. I still have to meet up with Will. He was generous enough to offer to accompany me on my babysitting. He went off to check out where we are. Because, you see, we, er... Sort of got lost. But, no matter, either Will finds our way back or I get eaten by a bunch of ravenous wolves before he comes back.
The kid's waking up now. He's cooing because of the snowfall. Was that a signal? Because the wolves just started to move. All six. But I guess it's because of that red fox up ahead. It's just waking up. I think it fainted, because its trail is still fresh, and the snow hasn't covered it up yet.
I'm running towards it. Why? I don't really know, but I'm guessing it's because I want to protect it. Regardless the laughing infant. The wolves are getting nearer. This time, I can see the Alpha. Faster, bigger and broader. Damn. He's still not going for me, it's really the fox he wants. And right when he was about to pounce on the poor thing, a black and grey wolf appears. Funny, his eyes are just like Wills'... Oh well. At least the animal's nice enough to protect the fox. But I have to go now. So I walk while the black wolf growls at the Alpha. The coward runs away. I can't help but claw the stupid mutt's side when he runs right beside me. Stupid move. Because now, he's after me.
The baby still coos. God, I wish he would just shut up. I mean, now, I have, not two, but four sets of fangs in my right arm. It really hurts... Or, at least, it's supposed to hurt. Because I don't feel a thing. I just jerked back because of the impact.

Then everything's black, and I hear the black and grey wolf talking(don't ask how I knew it was him, I just did(and the HIM comes from the fact that he had a deep voice)).

"It's time to go..." he says, and says my name, after, too. But it's just some weird buzz. I know it's my name, that it's me, but... I don't feel like me. I'm different. It's not me.
Sign up to rate and review this story