Categories > Original > Fantasy > Dream World

Rude Awakening

by Fue_Kurokawa 0 reviews

Dreams have always been just that; fragments of our imagination. But what happends when they come out of your head and bring you into a world that's out of whack?

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-06-04 - Updated: 2007-06-04 - 1082 words

0Unrated
Rude Awakening

My alarm clock goes off again, at 5 :30, playing 'Rewrite', from Asian Kung-fu, like I programmed it to. The time flashes red. I push the snooze button a few times, before going for the off button. The tim is green, now. It's not as bright as it used to be, I made it dimmer with a little button at the back. In fact, my entire room is darker. The lamp on my nightstand is off. It's been this way for a few days now. I like it that way. I find myself calmer when I wake up.
I push myself in a sitting position on my bed. My red and black hair is in a mess, and falls over my shoulders. My bed's not high... Two feet. My room's small, too, and cluttery. I don't really bother cleaning up after myself.
My cotton, light-blue nightgown is a mess... I should've put on my Super Man shirt.

I should present myself. I don't really know why, though, since it's like, what? Six in the morning? Well, anyways, I might have some fun seeing how I describe myself.

Name? Fye Belmont. Fourteen years old, proudly canadian, red and black chest-length hair, rusty eyes, five feet four inches tall, one hundred and twenty nine pounds, proudly bisexual and dating my best friend. With whom I intend to break up with... But the decision has yet to be taken.

...Wow. I thought I'd add more stuff than that. Like the fact that I'm in love with more than one person, or that I remember my dreams more clearly than reality itself, or that I... I'm just not normal. I can read Tarot cards with a freakishly odd precision, and have dreams that allow me to see into the future. Sure, it's weird. But I'm used to it now. I mean, I've had visions and Dreams for a good seven years of my life now. So really, it shouldn't bother me in the least, anymore.

Mah, well, anyways. I hate getting up. The blinding rays of sunlight, the soup of voices asking you if you slept well, my black and white dog barking like an idiot...
Hm. Now that I think about it, Bud DOES look an aweful lot like that wolf who protected the fox... Wow. I actually remember that dream. It's rare for me to remember them with such clarity and detail...
...Wait.
I don't hear anything. Usually, there are sizzling noises of bacon and eggs on a frying pan. And my mother yelling after my dog because he ate something in the garbage can again. Or my dad walking around the house in his boots.
But now, there's nothing.
I'm in the darkness, as always, when I wake up. Now, I'm starting to wonder if I'm even in my room at all, or if I was kidnapped... Or maybe I'm still dreaming...
DANG! Stupid arm hurts like-
OH.
Oh my damn. That dream... Was it really a dream? Dang, dang...! Where's the kid? Where's Will? Is he okay? Where in the world am I?!

"I-is anyone here..." I call out meekly. I discover that my voice is hoarse, for a moment.

"You shouldn't have saved him." a masculine voice tells me, coming form the shadows... But I know that voice. I'm sure I do.

And then, right on time, my mom pulls the drapes away from my window, and stares at me worriedly. I've never seen her like this before. It's almost as if she's staring at some freaky crazy guy... Or girl. Since I AM a girl, after all.
Mom shakes her head faintly, before smiling at me and walking out of my room, closing my door behind her.
Good. No I have some time to think about that voice. It sounded a lot like the wolf's... Like Will's. Was I imagining it? Maybe. Probably. He said 'You shouldn't have saved him.' Who, the kid? What was I supposed to do, feed him to the wolves on a silver platter?! Geez... What a stupid idea.
Oh, right, my right arm. I look down at it... And find eight small bruises. Wolven canines? Maybe. Or maybe I got drunk last night, got in a fight with a bunch of forks and don't even remember HOW I got drunk in the first place.
No... No, that's stupid thinking. But thinking I was attacked by hungry wolves in a forest and protecting a kid in a dream and thinking it's all real, that's CRAZY thinking. Oh well. I guess I'm crazy then.
I get up. Well, I sit on the left edge of my bed. My nightgown's really too high up on my thigh. So I get up and bat it down. Then I realise I have a long, black coat on. I didn't notice it at first, since I thought it was my bathrobe. Where the heck did I get a coat like this, anyways? It really looks like Will's...

"Honey?" my mom calls from the other side of the door. She sounds worried. "There's someone here to see you." she finishes, and goes away to let me change.

Geez, who's stupid enough to come se ME at 6 :30 in the freaking MORNING? Sun's barely out and whoever they are, they're damn lucky my mom was up to answer the door. Idiot...
I shrug the thing off and dress quickly putting on a random pair of dark denim jeans and the Super Man shirt I should've worn to bed last night. I barely have the time to notice my body's sudden change, as I see a man in a long black coat standing at my mother's side, in front of the door. She stares from him to me anxiously. God knows why.
I nod my head to the man and extend my hand. He looks too familiar...

"Pleasure to-" I start, but the man, who, I now notice, looks far too much like Will for me to keep my sanity, interrupts me.

"I have to take you with me, Miss Belmont." He says monotonely, and I have time to see a single tear drop for my mother's cheek.

"What have I done...? I don't remember doing anything wrong..." I say in a haze, and just now realise how beautiful his golden eyes are. Like the wolf's...

"Remember the dream?" he asks in the same monotone voice. I swear, he must think I'm stupid.

"I do... But, how can you-"

"It wasn't a dream, Fye."
Sign up to rate and review this story