Categories > Original > Fantasy > Dream World

Welcome to Our World

by Fue_Kurokawa 0 reviews

After a rude awakening, Fye's greeted with a new scene.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-06-25 - Updated: 2007-06-25 - 1468 words

0Unrated
It wasn't a dream. The wolves, the kid, the snow, the ice, Will... It wasn't a dream, it was all real. But, then, that would mean I'm something like, eighteen, or twenty. Which would be four to six years older than what I'm supposed to be. And THAT... Well that would just plainly be...
Woah.
So. I cross my arms over my chest. My, er, double-C chest, that is. And I was most CERTAINLY not a double-C yesterday night!

"Fye, dear...?" my mom asks in a whisper, grabbing my arms.

"...He... His name is Will. He helped me save a... Someone. That's it. I don't know why he's here." I said bluntly, not really wanting to stare in Will's golden eyes.

I mean, really. I don't know why the heck he's here, and seeing how things are progressing, I'm not really all that sure I WANT to know. It'll probably just screw me up in the head even more than I am NOW. And, besides, it's not like I don't have a life. Because I do! I can't just leave my friends, family and girlfriend behind! Girlfriend... Whom I don't really love anymore, but that's getting too deep into details.

"The kid you saved," Will started suddenly, his voice catching both my mother and my own attention. "You saved him not knowing that you brought us all into a third world... A world that was created three thousand years ago by the frist Dreamers. It's a world that's a mix of dreams and reality. And before you ask how you did it, that triangle in you explains most of it."

My right hand came up to my right eye instinctively, vaguely touching my eyelid. My... Birthmark? What does a birthmark have to do with any of this? I mean, sure, sometimes, I like to believe it gives me a feline air or whatever... But, I mean, it's not like it's actually possible. And it's not like THAT can allow me to warp through space!

"Fye, sweety... You have to go. Remember what I told you before? Whoever you save is your responsiblity." my mother said softly. I hate seeing her like this, she seems so damn sad...!

I shrug and head to my room. That IS where my coat's hung, after all. And I REFUSE to walk out in the snow with no-
Wait.
Will said that... We were in a third world. First of all, that means there actually ARE more worlds out there. Second, WE'RE in a third world. THIRD. That means... That my dreams, they were actually a bridge between Reality and the Dream World? Daaaaaaaaang. And it's my fault both worlds collided...?

Okay, so I know I have rotten luck. Never thought it was THIS rotten.

"I'm ready. Let's just go." I said dryly, and turned to my mother in the hallway. "I'll come back. Some day. I promise."

She smiled at me softly, an other tear roling down her cheek. Damn. I hate this. I don't want to leave everyone for a world I only saw once. Oh well. At least I won't be alone. At least... Maybe I'll have the feeling I belong.
Mom takes a step towards me and holds me in a tight hug, and slips something in my coat pocket. I'll have to remember to check it out later. But for now... I have to remind her to tell Ed and Dad that I'm gone. That... I'll be gone for a while. And now, I step out the door.
Will's arms snake around my shoulders, holding me in place. Because that freezing gust of wind wasn't what I expected.

"Wether's different in Yume." he said quietly, letting me go.

Yume, huh...? It means 'Dream' in japanese. I guess it's only normal for them to have inherited our languages. After all... They ARE a mix of reality and dreams. And, in your dreams, you don't really speak in an other language than the one, or ones, you know.

"But, eh, where are we going?"
"Straight ahead. I'll explain while we walk, just don't look back."

I raised a brow at Will's sudden stressed and anxious behavior; I hadn't known him like this before. I-in the short moment we got to know each other, that is. Oh well. At least, I'll get to know why I have something to do in all this.

"Your birthmark, that triangle," Will started, looking calmer, and staring ahead, into the snowy road. "it's the mark that the Gods, the Dreamers have. I don't think you know more than two other persons in Reality that have it, too." I shook my head here. I only knew and elderly woman and an old teacher who had it, too. "All Yumeshae have that mark in their eyes. It's a distinctive symbol.
"Now, Yume... It's a world that was created three thousand years ago by a Realian priest. Don't ask me WHO he was... I don't really remember. He made, had a dream that was too realistic, even by his own standards. He didn't know that, just then, he had created an other world... Yume. And that priest, in the morning, woke up with the marks of wolf fangs in his arm.

(AN- Just GUESS who the wolf was...)

"Now... The priest was the first God. Every dream was relatively the same; characters, men and women, slowly started appearing. Different faces. Children. Elderly people. And different races. There are seven races I can remember on the spot : Gods, Immortals, Animus, Maygen, Druiydaren, Humans, and Elementi, a... Divergeant type of Human. Gods are the ones who participae in the creation and developpement of and on Yume. Immortals are those who watch over the Gods, and, if need be, replace the deceased god. Immortals only die if they're given a blow to the heart, and never look older that twenty years old.
Animus are what I... Are mostly men who are originally animals. We, that is, They, can transform into humans if the want, but bear distinctive signs that they're not normal Yumeshae.
Maygen and Druiydaren are races that have special powers, either healing or control of many elements. Maygen are more limited in their powers, and mostly keep to control of the elements. Druiydaren are priests, rarely priestesses, who have healing powers that are stronger than the normal.
Humans... Are pretty much like your mother. Though every Yumeshae can use what you call magic. We call it the Arts.
There are sure to be more races that are going to appear soon, since there are two new gods... You, and that child you saved."

I stared into space for a while, every thought of my family and friends leaving my mind for it to completely focus on the current matter. So, I'm a God. G. O. D. So, I have super kick-ass powers that I don't know of yet. So, I'm in a world I could only dream of until now.
DAMN I rock.

"But then, my saving that kid wasn't that much of a bad thing, right..?" I asked, because, really, it didn't seem to be a drama movie to me.

"THAT'S where you're wrong, Fye. The fact that you daved that kid cause Reality and Yume to, in sorts, merge together. Copies, if you can call it like that, of everyone in Reality were made and transfered here, in Yume. While your mother in Reality is mourning the loss of her daughter, the one in Yume HAS no daughter. She lost her at birth. While Ed, your brother, in Reality is sleeping, the one in Yume is already working on a farm that his parents, the copies of your parents, own. This'll create an imbalance in Yume soon enough... Because not enough people will die and too many will appear and live as though they've always lived here. This... Will eventually lead to civil wars. Wars just to kill. Mercenaries will evolve, new races, dangerous ones, will appear... And this is only the begining."

"And I'm the one to start all this...?" I said, waving ahead of me.

Geez... When did we transfer from Reality to Yume..? I mean, suddenly, here I am, on a kind of mountain, staring down at a village. It looked a little bit like home, but it seemed to be mixed in with the feudal era, and the 1800s. The chariots, the swords, the phones, the trains...
And, LORD, the scenery. It was a village with snow falling on it, but no one seemed to mind. Kids played in the streets, and the few hundred houses were all lit up from the inside. Mothers called out for their sons and daughters, since evening was near. The golden moon shone in the sky, sharing it with the smaller sun.

"Welcome to your Dream World."
Sign up to rate and review this story