Categories > Original > Fantasy > Dream World

Will's Confessions

by Fue_Kurokawa 0 reviews

Will talks to Fye about who he is.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-06-25 - Updated: 2007-06-25 - 1295 words

0Unrated
It took Will and I a fair amount of time to get to the village. But now that we're here... The teaching doesn't stop. As we cross the different races, Will tells me what he knows about them(which is a LOT, mind you). He hasn't said a word about Animus again, though. I wonder why...? Oh well. It's fun seeing everyone in the village. Uh, Will told me the name...
Dang, something with a... A... A K...
Kudjaean!! Really, weird name. Hard to write.
He said I should see a Druiydaren about my right arm.Geez, it's not like the wolves tore it off, they're just bruises! But he insists that Animus bites are always more than what they seem.
In a broad street, one of the broadest in the village, we come across a rustic, coutry house-like shop. The windows are drapped with vines from plants I've never seen yet. And considering my mom's a real plant freak, that's saying a lot.
Will goes in first, and the pitchy jingle of the bells above the door puts a smile on my face. The shop's cluttery, plants and leather covered books a bit everywhere, and there's a white cat on the counter. Behind the counter, to my right, there's a door with a bead curtain. Gave the place a soothing and mysterious air. Cozy.

"Iyenta... I came back with her." Will calls, walking up to the counter and scratching the cat behind the ears.

"Oh! Really? Oh, well, uh, don't move, okay? I, uh... Just a few things I want to untangle..." comes a voice from behind the curtain. The voice is... Unusually feminine. Compared to everything I'd heard so far.

A woman? The druiydaren Will wants me to see is a WOMAN? I thought he said they were priestesses. And that's just IF they even show theirselves in public. Which, in itself, is a rare thing... Weird that she's not a priestess... Would've been fun to meet one, for once in my life. There's a first time for everything(and I'm LIVING those everythings) and I supposed this would be an other first...

"My, how cute! I love the hair." I hear her say, as she comes towards me, a black book in her left hand.
She doesn't look much younger then Will... Who, he, looks something like 26 years old. His jet-black hair doesn't give any signs of old age, so... Well, anyways, her hair is a nice caramely brown, flat and slightly curved at the end. It bounces a little when she walks. Her black hooded cloak and marine dress(tied to the waist with a nice little golden, braided rope). Made her look quite nice.
"So! How can my humble self serve the One who me me who I am?" she asks me, but Will answers in my stead.

"She was bitten by two wolven animus. It's just a check-up." he says in his ever-present monotone voice, stuffing his hands in his pockets, staring intently at Iyenta, who returned the stare.

She stays silent for a moment, after her face had turned farker considerably. Will suddenly shakes his head to a silent question, god knows what it was about, and the drui's smile returned almost instantly.

"Well then! Just follow me to the back, Milady. Will, you stay here. I'll have a talk with you, later..."

So, I follow Iyenta to the backstore. It's almost as big as the shop itself! The walls are lined with shelves containing either plants, books or bottles of herbs and different colored sands. In the far left corner, there's a nicely decorated table, with nothing on it but and open book, a pen an a pair of blue glasses. There's a venetian-like one man couch(or chair, not too sure HOW to call it) beside the table, in ebony wood and covered in what looks like dark purple suede. There's another chair like it on the other side of the table. Though, it's made of a lighter type of wood(cherry wood, maybe?) and convered in black suede.

Iyenta motions for me to sit down in one of the chairs as she searches her shelves for something. A book, without a doupt. I don't read what's written in the open book in front of me, though. It looks like some kind of diary. And god knows how I hate to read something someone wrote without that person's permission!
It's just... Rude.
She's found her book, and she's reading it now. It almost looks as though she's completely forgotten me. But Iyenta's probably just absorbed in whatever it is she's reading.

"Good." She says after a while, slamming the book closed. "You shouldn't be in much trouble. The fangs didn't go through the skin, did they?" I shake my head. "Perfect! Well then, it's going to hurt for a week or so, and you might have some trouble lifting things with your right arm, but you're fine and clear." she states with a smile. "If you'd please wait here for a moment, I'd like to have a talk with William."

I can't really say "No! Stay here.", can I? So I just nod and let Iyenta leave. I can hear Will's calm voice. I don't really hear the words he's saying, though... Now I hear Iyenta's voice, slightly frantic. What's she so unerved about? Now Will talks again. Still sounds cool, calm and collected. Whatever they're talking about has a one-way effect... I wonder what it is?
Will's voice comes again, after Iyenta speaks a little more loudly. Thid time, it's louder. He sounds angry, for some reason.

"Fye, come on. It's time to go." he calls, and I anxiously leave the seat I'm in to join him at the door. I look up at Iyenta as I walk by, but she looks away from me with a weird, appologetic stare.

It's nightime, now. The sky's dark and the kids are all indoors. The snow stopped falling, and the wind's calmed down.

"You know what animus are, right?" Will asks suddenly. Geez, whatever Iyenta said, it's really upset him, because it still shows in his voice.

"Well, yeah... They're humans that can transform into animals and vice-versa." I answered, looking up at the older man. "Why..?"

"Do you know how they keep their bloodlines going?" he asks again. I shake my head. After all, it's not like I CAN know; the guy's never spoken about animus! Or, well, barely... "They have to bite someone while they're in their animal forms." he explains, still looking ahead. "So that's why I was worried."

"But why? Being an animus doesn't sound THAT bad..." I say, and, really, it DOESN'T sound half that bad to me.

Will's face darkens again. It's like it's the only thing it can do. Oh great. My overly-large mouthed self said something it shouldn't have again. What did I do THIS time?

"Animus aren't seen like you think they are." he says silently, stopping in the middle of the road. "They're constantly rejected. Animus don't control their impulses and transformations until they're ten years old. That makes them unpredictable and potentially deadly threats... creatures. They live in packs and most often reject anyone who tries to help them. They bite, sometimes just because they can't help it, because they're angry, or because they know they're going to die soon. I didn't want you to live though that. »

I stared at Will for a while, as I stood a few feet ahead of him, both of us plunged in the early moonlight. It made his golden eyes pop ou-
DAMN.
The black wolf. The voice. The eyes. The speech.

"Will...?"
"Hn?"
"Why didn't you tell me you were an animus?"
"Because I'm far more than that."
Sign up to rate and review this story