Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > He Said It Was A One Night Stand

Photograph

by xXprettyinpunkXx 3 reviews

everytime it makes me laugh

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-06-04 - Updated: 2007-06-05 - 1392 words

1Moving
The next day was like every other day. Tessa got up and changed for work while Pete was given the duty to supervise Jennica as she got ready for her day-care.

Everything was rushed this morning, because according to Tessa, they were going to be very late. She rushed through the kitchen as she buttoned up her blouse, she was also cooking eggs and beacon for herself, Pete and Jennica. Meanwhile there was a crisis in Jennica's room where she had rushed around the corner of her bed, tripped and hit her head on the corner of the vanity. Pete flipped out immiediatly carried her into the kitchen.

" She hit her head...I dunno what to do..I dunno what to do." he repeated as he examined the bump on his daughters head. She wasn't crying, instead she was squirming to get back to her room to finish getting ready.

" Pete, I don't have time for this. She's perfectly fine, put her down and let her finished getting ready." Pete set Jennica down and she scampered away. He rested on the counter, his arms crossed.

" Well? Aren't you going to help me cook breakfast or not, I have to finish putting on my make-up." Tessa rushed away as Pete took over the cooking duties, which was a mistake. He didn't know when the beacon was ready and took them off the stove to late, while the eggs weren't finished and took them off too early. When Tessa came back, she was ready, but was still rushing. Jennica was tailing behind her, her hair now in a nice bun. Tessa pushed Pete to the side hurridly and examined the breakfast. She picked up one of the beacon strips. It was black and no longer than an inch.

" What the hell is this?" she asked as she threw the beacon back on the plate. She didn't even wait for Pete to answer as she looked over the eggs which were still oozy.

" I asked you to do one thing, and you can't even do that right." Pete tried to apologize. " I don't have time for this!" she said exasperated. " Just make sure you don't burn down the house or anything today. Come on baby." she gently pushed Jennica ahead of her and out the door. Pete stood there listening to the car pull out of the driveway and take off down the street. He threw away the beacon and eggs, got dressed quickly and left the house.

As Pete entered the hospital all he thought about was Tessa and how...mad she seemed. How frustrated. Was it just because they were rushing? Or was something else bothering her? These thoughts were pushed through his mind as he walked into Riley's room to check on her, but he was met by an empty room. He stood there confused for a moment, then walked to the nurses station.

" Excuse me?" the lady that was there swivled on her chair to look at him. " Um..Riley Williams was in that room yesterday, but she isn't there anymore. Was she moved to a regular room.." Pete left the question hanging as the nurse gave him a sad look.

" I'm sorry sir, but Miss Williams past early this morning." Quiet fell upon Pete as he heard this. The woman kept talking about papers that needed to be filled out and things like that, but Pete wasn't listening.

" H-How...she was fine..yesterday." it wasn't true, it couldn't be true. The nurse gave a sigh and looked up at Pete with pity.

" That poor girl, she was healthy actually, nothing was wrong with her besides the broken bones. But our nurse, um...Catherine Lewis, she was taking care of her last night and stayed with her. She was sent home this morning because of the distress of seeing her patient die. Quite a sad story Miss Williams told Cat. Something about her love for this man who didn't love her back. She gave him up just for him to be happy. Poor child, she was so young." she beckoned Pete to bend over the counter to hear her next words. Whether it was to make them more dramatic or she just didn't want to say them outloud, Pete did so. " We think she died of a broken heart." she whispered. Pete swallowed the lump in his throat and stood up. Tears formed at the corners of his eyes. He walked away, not listening to the nurse who was calling him back.

As he walked through the halls he bumped into doctors and nurses, sending papers flying and angry shouts of outrage, telling him to watch where he was going.

While on the road, it was difficult to focus, everything was blurred due to the fact that his eyes were streaming.

He hardly even realized where he had taken himself. His house..their house.

Walking in through the front door sent in a flood of memories about Riley and him. An hour later Pete was on the bedroom floor looking at photohgraphs of him and Riley since they were just kids in "love". He laughed as he came upon one.

It was Riley's graduation day. Pete had his arm wrapped around her and was wearing her cap. Their old friends were in the picture as well. His younger brother Andrew was standing there like a dork, trying to be cool about the fact that he was standing next to Chelsea, Riley's best friend who just happened to go to modeling school. Pete hadn't seen her in ages. He remembered the stolen kiss they had one night out at the lake where Pete and Riley lost their viginity to each other. Riley never found out, and Pete had felt guilty for months over it. But once Chelsea had moved away, he was able to breath.

He kicked the box in front of him and heard something move in it. He pulled the box over and found an old video tape, he picked it up to read the title.

" GRADUATION." it read in Riley's handwriting. Pete had recorded her whole graduation on the camera. He shuffled over to the VCR/DVD player and put it in. He rested back on the bed, his knee up where he rested his elbow.

" Pete! I already graduated, turn that thing off!" said Riley.

" This is supposed to be a day you'll remember for the rest of your life Rye! I'm recording every second of it. Blow me a kiss." Pete zoomed in on her lips as she did so.

" No seriously, turn it off then you can record again after we eat." she turned around as Chelsea called her to hug her. Pete not taking the camera off her. " Pete, I'm not playing turn the camera off." she repeated, this time her face completely serious, but Pete just laughed.

" Come on Rye...take that stick out of your ass and pretend I'm not here. You'll thank me later." Riley pursed her lips.

" Peter." she said sternly.

" Riley." he said with amusement in his voice. She came closer to the camera, pulled it out of Pete's hands and the screen went snowy. Pete turned off the tv. He couldn't watch the rest of the movie. He knew there was more, but he couldn't go through that torture. But as he put the tape back into the box, he noticed an orange envelope in the box as well. He picked it and turned it upside down letting a little picture fall out onto the bed. He took it in his hands and turned it over.

As soon as his eyes fell on the picture, Pete got choked up. It was a sonogram, the only picture he was going to have of his baby. The only memory.

Suddenly, Pete's cell started to ring. He answered it quickly, clearning his throat before so he didn't sound as if he was crying.

" Hey Pete, how's the vacation going?" came Patricks voice. Pete cleared his throat again.

" It's going. What's up man?" asked Pete.

" Well, me and the guys have been working on the melodies and music for some of the lyrics you've given us, but we're ready to record. We've got the studio, and Island is waiting Pete. Are you in?" Pete looked down at the picture again.

" Ya..I'm in."
Sign up to rate and review this story