Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > My Immortal

Love Can't Save Us

by xXprettyinpunkXx 1 review

Sometimes the first time you fall in love feels like the only time you'll ever be in love.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-06-15 - Updated: 2007-06-16 - 792 words

1Original
In the morning I found myself alone on the couch. The room was cleaned up, all the glass gone and the little blood that had been on the carpet because of Ryan's feet was gone. I smelled bacon and eggs and walked into the kitchen to find Ryan cooking breakfast.

" Hey beautiful." he said as I walked in. He was flipping the bacon and as I stood next to him, he kissed the top of my head quickly.

" Rye..babe, what's all this?" my voice was full of surprise, and I got a little choked up at all the effort he had gone through.

" This is your morning feast. I wanna make up for yesterday and-"

" Ryan...you can't make up for yesterday, nothing can make up for yesterday! You completely ruined the wedding, and now I have to call Sarah and Heather and...my mom...your mom! Do you even realize the seriousness of what happened. We have," I looked quickly at the clock, " three hours before the ceremony starts, we should be on our way to the hall right now to get in the carriage! Phone calls need to be made to make sure everything is in order, and now we can't do any of it because of your stupid idea to get married in less than ten minutes!" Ryan had his back to me, but I could see that his anger was bubbleing, and if I didn't stop now, he wouldn't be able to control it. But I couldn't stop.

" Why Ryan! Why did we have to get married yesterday and ruin one of the happiest days of our lives!"

" Shut up." he half whispered.

" No Ryan! I've kept my mouth shut for long enough. I just wish I had chosen yesterday to speak up instead of today. It's just too late! Ryan!" I screamed. " Why?! Why did you do this?" he slammed his fists on the table making everything shake. I jumped back.

" I don't have to explain anything to you! I was just trying to make you happy!"

" Well you didn't Ryan! You're not even making yourself happy! Maybe all this was a mistake..maybe we did this too soon." this was a complete lie, we had been together for four years before he proposed, and it couldn't have been better timing. But I had to think if a reason..there had to be a reason.

He turned around slowly and eyed me. His eyes were red again. " You know what..maybe this was too soon. Or maybe, maybe I just thought that you were someone else, because right now you're not acting like the Emily I know..you're someone totally different and I don't think I want to-" he stopped suddenly as the bell rang. Someone was here. I ignored it.

" What...you don't think you want to what?!" I screamed at him.

" I don't think I want to spend the rest of my life with you!" he yelled. His face was only inches from mine and I closed my eyes as his words hit me.

" Fine..cause I don't want to spend the rest of my life with you either." I whispered. His eyes seemed to bulge slightly, and before he could do anything, I slipped off my rings, got his hand and placed them on his palm, a saddened expression fell over his face after I closed his fingers around them. I ran upstairs quickly and pulled on some jeans and a tee shirt while throwing random things that I needed into a duffelbag. After zipping it up, I walked out the door not bothering to see if Ryan was still in the kitchen.

Brendon was outside, sitting on the bench we had in front of the house next to the mini fountain. He stood up quickly, was about to speak then gaped at my outfit and bag. I stopped in front of him. This was all his fault, if Brendon had never introduced Ryan and I...none of this would have happened. I wouldn't be leaving. But I couldn't be angry at him, no matter how hard I wanted to slap him across the face I couldn't. He wasn't to blame.

" Em, where've you been! The church is already filling up and..you're dressed in jeans and you're carrying a dufflebag. What happened?" he walked closer to me and put his hands on my shoulders. I had a feeling that Ryan was looking. I glanced up to the second floor where our bedroom was and saw him peaking through the curtains, his eyes full of hate.

" Why don't you go and ask your best friend over there, cause I sure as hell don't know." with that I was in my car and gone.
Sign up to rate and review this story